Page 85 of 94 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,550 of 2804

Thread: What game are you playing now?

I played PoE in their late beta stages shortly before it released on Steam, I had fun for about 60 hours with it, got to some point in Act 3 and realised I was bored. I like ARPGs otherwise I would not have finished Torchlight 2, four times back to back or its predecessor, but something was missing for me. I've played 'gritty' themed games in other genres and some how it does not work for me in an ARPG. I suppose the many player aspect would give it some commonality with Titian Quest and its sequel, both games I also finished a few times and with many more mods long after that.

Currently playing Fallout 3, managed to install it without GFWL despite it not seeming to have been decommissioned of it yet. Pretty slow burn game, took a while to get used to so many shades of grey for artwork, actually gave me eye strain trying to see enemies but stopped looking once I figured out how that radar works, which is kind of sad because despite being a wasteland it is good to look at; yet I find myself mostly looking at read out bars rather than the game. Odd game design choice.

Got Disney Infinity for the kids, but I'm putting it away for christmas. Holy freaking hell are the parts for the game expensive. A full collection of tokens, which are powers to put on top of your characters, go for over a hundred bucks on ebay. No idea how many characters are out there by now.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Neverwinter, F2P MMORPG

It's pretty good so far.

Usual set of races; human, elves, half elves, halflings, half-orcs, dwarves etc; and usual set of classes; mage, warrior, cleric, rogue, ranger etc

Pretty enough, combat is fairly satisfying, crafting i'm just getting to grips with so can't comment yet, pvp arenas are available, loot seems fairly good, levelling seems to be flowing ok and reasonably balanced.

All in all an good-enough all round MMO. It's keeping me interested enough to keep playing.
    Last edited by Timbuk2; 12-09-2013 at 06:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Borderlands 2 is free for NA PS+ users. Still has a strong user base.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Amanda got me a PS4 for Christmas. Made up. Got FIFA 14, Assassins Creed: Black Flag and Knack.

Not played Knack yet but wow. So impressed by the new console.

(We'd not discussed what we were getting each other but had agreed it was our last Christmas to really spoil each other rather than kids. Good timing console wise I guess)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

GTA 5 must be a priority ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Been playing a lot of FIFA 14 and its a lot of fun. Not played much FIFA in years so not sure how much is new but the attention to detail is amazing. It feels at time like watching a live game on TV as much as you're playing it, the players are very realistic. The stadiums really do feel alive, I love playing as Liverpool at Anfield the things like the players walking down the tunnel beforehand with the This Is Anfield sign above it, the stadium looks realistic, I could recognise where we were sat the other day; depending upon who the home team is you can hear the fans sing if appropriate (at the start and if winning especially can hear You'll Never Walk Alone in the background at Anfield) while if the home team is getting hammered there might be boos at the end.

Knack is a lot of fun, feels like a bit of a modern reinterpretation of the old school platformers
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Papers, please. Very simple game, no fancy graphics either, but fun! You're a border guard, checking people's papers.. sounds boring, but like I said, fun little game
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Decided to play Diablo 3 for the first time in a long time. Installed it the other day and just started it, tried to log in ... "Error 73" the servers are down. Grrr. I want to play Single Player not online.

Dark Souls II

It's kicking my ass and I love it.
    Thank god they got it right, was terrified it would be dumbed down when they start talking about more accessible.

Luftrausers! This is pretty much perfect.
    There's a man goin' 'round, takin' names
    And he decides who to free and who to blame

Finally picked up Skyrim. Unfortunately, it seems that Steam Workshop has the 50 mod-limiting bug back. I hope this will be fixed soon since this is preventing me from downloading most of the mods I'm subscribed to.

Has anyone gotten Age of Wonders III yet? Is it any good?
    Hope is the denial of reality

Have it. Pretty early to tell, but I like what I see so far.

How's the campaign?
    Hope is the denial of reality

Strategy games can have campaigns?

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Sorely tempted. Loved AoW and AoW 2.

Damn.

http://youtu.be/BYBw_o_2nG0?t=13s
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Yeh tempted - but reviews are slating the strategic side of the game, even while praising the tactical, with the former ultimately undermining the latter.

IGN's review seems to sum that up.

Grand Theft Auto IV - The Lost and the Damned

was not expecting that penis. not. at. all.

About done with GTA IV - Ballad of Gay Tony. Nice weapons and tie-ins, boring story and side missions.

Started on Halo 2, playing Legendary to stack the achievements. Holy hell those sticky grenades are frustrating.

"Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

Completed GTA IV and Halo 2 to 100%. Moved over to Blackhawk Tango Down, and since that community is dead I could only earn a few of the achievements from playing the few single player maps over and over again. Shadowrun is a little better community wise, but its still hard to find a time to log in when there are enough people playing for the achievements. There is zero single player to that game. So...

Fable III, seems half assed from every possible angle so far. The limited dialogue makes no sense at times, I've got a dog that follows me around that suffers from a crazy case of no clipping half the time, and there are events in the game that simply don't flow.

*) walking around a frozen camp in my underwear, cheering up starving and freezing people by shaking their hands, fist bumping and talking about how great the weather is.

*) randomly digging around in the ground with an apparently magical shovel that I whip out of my underwear so fast they didn't even bother making an animation for it.

I've heard it gets even weirder later on, one of the achievements involves issuing official rulings while dressed as a chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Has anyone gotten Age of Wonders III yet? Is it any good?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Have it. Pretty early to tell, but I like what I see so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    Sorely tempted. Loved AoW and AoW 2.

Damn.

http://youtu.be/BYBw_o_2nG0?t=13s
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Yeh tempted -
    Got it, and glad I did. It's fairly good.
    Last edited by Timbuk2; 05-07-2014 at 08:46 AM.

Completed GTA IV and Halo 2 to 100%. Moved over to Blackhawk Tango Down, and since that community is dead I could only earn a few of the achievements from playing the few single player maps over and over again. Shadowrun is a little better community wise, but its still hard to find a time to log in when there are enough people playing for the achievements. There is zero single player to that game. So...

Fable III, seems half assed from every possible angle so far. The limited dialogue makes no sense at times, I've got a dog that follows me around that suffers from a crazy case of no clipping half the time, and there are events in the game that simply don't flow.

*) walking around a frozen camp in my underwear, cheering up starving and freezing people by shaking their hands, fist bumping and talking about how great the weather is.

*) randomly digging around in the ground with an apparently magical shovel that I whip out of my underwear so fast they didn't even bother making an animation for it.

I've heard it gets even weirder later on, one of the achievements involves issuing official rulings while dressed as a chicken.
    Pretty much, yes.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Yep, not only am I in a chicken suit now, I'm a legend among chickens, and I have a chicken trophy. screw the rebellion.

It definitely gets weirder the later you get ...

I don't get the "comedy" in it. These people made Black and White! Where did that talent go?

I don't get the "comedy" in it. These people made Black and White! Where did that talent go?
    Black and White wasn't that funny either.

(off-topic, we have this whole forum for games now, why do we keep using the megathread to discuss them?)

Black and White was fucking hilarious. I still remember that sailor song. Only game I've played through that I'd rank above B&W I think is giants citizen kabuto.

I didn't see a point to make a thread for a 4-5 year old game I've trying to finish before access gets revoked, but I guess I could.

Fable III, seems half assed from every possible angle so far.
    Just like Fable and to a lesser extent Fable II. Fable's success is proof that marketing works.