Page 86 of 94 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,580 of 2804

Thread: What game are you playing now?

I grabbed Desktop Dungeons today, it's pretty fun (also that frustrating oh shit, I died again kind of way).
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    I don't get the "comedy" in it. These people made Black and White! Where did that talent go?
    game is getting a bit better in this regard. The D&D session was hilarious, and the random hints at a 4th wall are a nice way to remind players that the game can't be taken seriously.

cause man, the story does not flow well. Spent all that time planning a rebellion to take the crown, all these people talking up how I'll have to go after my brother. A brother who got his own cutscene talking about how the kingdom was his and only his, who is one of the few people to escape the "darkness" alive. Yet when I finally confront this asshole he just gives up and says its "time for a new ruler" literally as soon as I walk into his room
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Transistor. Reminiscent of Bastion, of course, due to the Narrator's sword's voice and art style.

Combat works differently, though. Instead of a twitch-based combat, this time they chose an action-points style version - you press a button, plonk into a gridview of the combat, plan your moves (which take different amounts of time) and then execute them.

After such an execution, the ability takes some time to recharge, though, during which you can use your abilities in free play. Which means a fight against a big mob would look like this:
    Use "Jaunt" to dash to the enemy, hit him three times with your sword and jaunt away and duck behind cover in order to wait for this ability to recharge.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Got the Kerbal space program, quite fun to tinker with. Not finished yet, though, but some mods add more realism. On my way to recreate the apollo program!

Just a bit bummed I bought it full price before noticing it was on sale on the humble bundle website, oh well.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Just saw that one can get all the Crusader Kings 2 DLCs (along with the main game) for $20 on humble bundle. I paid twice as much for all of that. Bah.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Its routinely on sale on Steam too.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

I got the game and the first few DLCs on sale, but the rest were $10 each.

I didn't get the latest two yet, are they good?

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I got the game and the first few DLCs on sale, but the rest were $10 each.
    Get them during the Summer/Winter Steam Sale, they're generally quite aggressive then and Paradox always seems to discount them. I picked up the Norse expansion just weeks after it was released on sale.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    I didn't get the latest two yet, are they good?
    I didn't get the Hinduism one. The sons of Abraham one is ok, but not really game-changing (the biggest difference is that you can borrow money from Jews ). The Old Gods expansion from before is probably the most useful one.

Old Gods was my last one I got (got all before it), the Norse are fun to play as. Never played as Muslims yet, I'm guessing that's been revamped now from Sword of Islam to Sons of Abraham?

Not a fan of the positioning of Muslim rulers (might be why they ended up losing historically ). But they do seem to have various unique elements, like the importance of decadence.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Old Gods was my last one I got (got all before it), the Norse are fun to play as. Never played as Muslims yet, I'm guessing that's been revamped now from Sword of Islam to Sons of Abraham?
    I've got the same ones, but also not played as a Muslim, and only once as a pagan. Playing as a Republic is kinda fun, but seemed a bit too easy (I was practically drowning in money). But with the last update the map changed so all my save games didn't load, I think.

Anyway I've mostly played the game of thrones mod, which is pretty cool except the latest versions don't work for me because my laptop is shitty and it runs out of ram, and the older versions don't work with older game versions.

Playing as a pagan is fun. If you manage to reform the Tengri faith, you have some pretty major advantages. Reformed Norse is also pretty good, as you become the head of the church, allowing you to declare the equivalent of Crusades.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    If anyone actually tries out War Thunder, signing up with this link gets me free shit, if you're cool with that:

http://warthunder.com/en/registratio...invite_2935542
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Daaamn this is good fun.
    Gone back to War Thunder, now that its latest update is as a Tank Sim, allowing you to take drive tanks as well as aircraft.

And yep, they've done a great job. It's as good as the aircraft combat.

I'm somewhat intrigued by Valiant Hearts - it certainly looks good, but I can't really see what the actual gameplay will be like.

All CKII DLC is on sale 67% off. £2.67 for Sons of Abraham and £3.33 for Rajas of India.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    All CKII DLC is on sale 67% off. £2.67 for Sons of Abraham and £3.33 for Rajas of India.
    Thank you for the tip. Are they worth that?

What's good about the Raja one?

I was going to ask if this was worth buying, but I appear to already own it. How weird.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Yes.
    I bought them, so you'd better be right. I could have bought four beers for that money!

What's good about the Raja one?
    Bought it but not played yet. Guessing if you want to play as an Indian.

It says it also adds special units, kinda curious about that.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/246760/ Anyone heard of this game? Granted, it's still in beta, but looks pretty interesting.

Any RPG recommendations for PC? Preferably ones that aren't third-person shooters with tiny RPG elements.

If you don't mind old, I always liked kotor. Aged quite a bit, but the story is excellent.

Not a fan of Star Wars or of real-time combat (I know you can technically pause).

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Wasteland 2, Might and Magic X, Shadowrun Returns / Dragonfall
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Thanks for the recommendations. MMX just looks meh. Shadowrun has a 10-15 hour campaign. I'll look more into Wasteland 2.

Has anyone tried Divinity: Original Sin?

Not a fan of Star Wars or of real-time combat (I know you can technically pause).
    Combat is turn based, but it definitely is star wars