Page 88 of 94 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,640 of 2804

Thread: What game are you playing now?

Save money, kill the current ruler, buy a win. Job done.

The AI seems to spend its money on upgrades rather than buying the election, so long as you prioritise buying the election there's almost never a reason to lose it. Only time I've ever lost it is because I've either decided I wasn't willing to buy it for the price it currently cost, or there were two elections in quick succession, or I've been fighting a war that was harder than I expected so I've withdrawn my election fund to hire more Mercs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Rulers die suddenly. Sometimes it happens after the computer got a sudden jump in prestige. I also don't like that you can't really intermarry with other families (your children always leave your court) and that you're stuck with your oldest family member.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Can't you designate heir? That was one of the benefits of a Republic that I saw - that you can pass your kingdom to the kid you hadn't fucked up.

Not from what I can recall. I believe it was the oldest family member who's at your court, even if that meant your brother.

I recall you could name a successor. Maybe I'll play tonight to check
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

You can give anyone in your dynasty the honorary title of Designated Heir thus making them your heir over-ruling normal precedence. Of course if they're younger then you'll need to pay more to buy the election.

If anything Republics are overpowered, but I find them fun.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Must have missed that. Anyway, the best Republic to form is around Denmark. There are a few territories in that vicinity that allow you to build multiple extra cities.

But how do you get good heirs when your choice of marriage partners is extremely limited?

You can get good marriage partners - you just have to buy your wife.

Not practical early on, but sure, I suppose that could work later.

What do you count as a good marriage partner? I typically go for good traits (for my characters bonus) and genetics (for the kids) over rank so the dowry if any is usually quite small.

I'd rather marry a genius with great stewardship who can boost my demesne limit and pass genius on to the kids than marry the dumb princess of the HRE. Though as Norse there's slim pickings at the start for any kind of wife anyway.

Genius trait. Not too many of those around.

Well there's currently no unmarried Pagan geniuses in my game so makes no difference if feudal or republic. Later on hope it becomes easier.

Just created a republic in Sjaelland. Don't see that title available...

Edit: figured out problem. They weren't at my court.
    Last edited by Loki; 08-26-2014 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    What do you count as a good marriage partner? I typically go for good traits (for my characters bonus) and genetics (for the kids) over rank so the dowry if any is usually quite small.

I'd rather marry a genius with great stewardship who can boost my demesne limit and pass genius on to the kids than marry the dumb princess of the HRE. Though as Norse there's slim pickings at the start for any kind of wife anyway.
    I go for inheritable traits first (genius or quick), good stats that I need second, and I mainly marry off siblings or younger children for the alliances, while trying to get a large dynasty, but with as few as possible people holding claims. Dynasty members make good vassals, usually.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I think crafting/gathering is the best part of the game. Unlike Warcraft, you can level up every class. And each crafting class has its own dynamics, though you need finished resources from one class to craft things in the others. And there's a strong incentive to pay careful attention to crafting in order to get the high-quality items (you could also get double-experience in crafting quests if you produce a high-quality item). Even gathering is somewhat fun, where you have access to different skills instead of just hitting "mine".

I'm on Midgardsomr.

Let me know if you do decide to stay. We can make a guild. It gets its own housing. Also, there's individual housing, but it costs a fortune.
    I ended up subscribing but I'm on Zalera because there was the RL invite came from so I won't be moving.

I hit level 50 and am working on the extreme trials now (screw you Extreme Titan, 8 DF parties and counting now).

PROS:

Never ending things to do. The amount of content this game has is crazy. Crafting, Gathering (neither of which I do). VERY LONG main quest line, Trials, Dungeons, HM Dungeons, Raids, Hunts, Beast Tribe Quests, ATMA farming (thought his might be a con) Chocobo developing, collecting aaaand a crazy crap load of side quests.

Skill based content. The pre-50 dungeons won't challenge you too much but HM and Extreme mode can be quite rough. I like challenge - keeps the game from getting stale.

Active updates - major patch released every few months means if you finally do get a lot of things capped you have new stuff to do soon.

CONS:

While I appreciate skill based content some of the moves Titan EX makes are not a skill check but a latency check. If I play late at night after the wife goes to sleep and isn't on Netflix I dodge plumes all day long. During the evening... I die terribly.

Some content is grindy - ATMA farming is probably the worst as the RNG is very low for each FATE you do and doing FATEs in low level zones is the definition of boring.

Crafting outside of vanity gear seems unimpressive. Due to the speed of leveling making gear for your character at level isn't that useful. Pre-50 zones aren't that rough so its not like you need that edge.

Verdit - If you like skill based MMOs or love the world of Final Fantasy I HIGHLY recommend the game. If reacting quickly due to latency or just general reflexes you probably won't get to do some of the harder things so you may want to pass if that's the case.

Paradox sale this weekend. Upto 85% off their entire catalogue.

Just got Rajas of India for £2.49

I tried Kerbal Space Program with the realism overhaul mods, so it's, well, more real, with a real earth, proper sizes, heating on reentry, etc., and now I haven't managed to get any astronauts back alive yet

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    So, seems to me that Blizzard once again made a hash of things. One would've thought they might've learned from past experiences.

Take the launch of the Diablo3 addon. Quite a fiasco. I also remember previous addons being a bit bumpy as well.

One of those bumps lead them to create 2 different starter zones in WotLK to spread things out more. So what did they do this time? Force everyone to return to the same spot if you want to use a heavily advertised feature (garrisons).

No wonder that the instance server croaked. They also reduced the number of possible concurrent logins. Though I don't quite see why: You can log in after waiting, yes.

But you're seeing absolutely nothing but other players (and those only if you stop and wait for some seconds), NPCs don't appear and your abilities have a huge lag (minutes) if they work at all. Seems to me as if the number of concurrent players is still way too high.

Geeze. One would've thought that they'd have been able to create some kind of test for this kind of scenario. I mean, with providers like Azure or EC2 there should be some possibility for a stress test without involving paying customers?
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

So....

I got Dragon Age 3 on the Xbox 360. Worst. Decision. Ever. I've seen clips of the fantastic graphics of this game and the 360 version is AWFUL. It also suffers from choppy 'graphics lag' during fights. So disappointing.

I guess I'm getting this on PC once they fix all the inevitable bugs.

Why would you buy a next gen game on a last gen platform? Thats like buying FIFA14 for the PS2.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

In the case of FIFA (and other sports games), it's because EA removed most features in the new generation games.

Why would you buy a next gen game on a last gen platform? Thats like buying FIFA14 for the PS2.
    Both me and the wife play. She doesn't do pretty much any PC games so it would easier. Also while she is playing DA3 I can be on the computer. If she was playing DA3 on the computer... I'd be sad since I couldn't play DA3 OR FFXIV.

Sadly my plans are going to end me chucking another $50 dollars or so for a PC copy. Maybe. We'll see. Kinda annoyed that DA2 looked better on the 360 than DA3.

Yes the PC is obviously the master race, and if you're to lazy to build a SteamBox for the living room you still have the next gen consoles.

----------

Shadow of Mordor (PC) is $19.99 on amazon right now, cheaper then the best black friday deal I've found for any console so far.
    http://www.amazon.com/Middle-Earth-S...eywords=mordor
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

And.... I have a 32 bit operating system. Raaaaage. I've been advised there is a workaround but damn this is getting frustrating. (PC version requires a 64 bit operating system).

Get a new PC or new console. Or play old games. Lol.

Caved for an Xbox One finally. Bought it from Microsoft for $329, with kinect and 4 games. Best part is that I paid for it by selling 2 skylanders I picked up at Target during the black friday rush.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331398973711...84.m1559.l2649

Picked up Shadowrun: Dragonfall. Good stuff. Turned based strategy similar to FFT and X-com only a lot grittier.
    Last edited by Lewkowski; 12-18-2014 at 04:08 AM.

Got it working on my PC... damn DA3 is a good game. If you liked Origins or DA2 this is pretty much a must buy.

Only semi game related but we're currently on holiday and I found Baldur's Gate. Amanda thinks I'm a geek lol.