Page 92 of 94 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,760 of 2803

Thread: What game are you playing now?

  1. #2731
    Flixy, funny you should mention that. I'm on chess.com but I am no good on mobile.
    Last edited by agamemnus; 08-30-2015 at 10:35 PM.

  2. #2732
    Senior Member Flixy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    6,389
    I think you can play mobile vs online, too? My username there is felixthehousecat
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

  3. #2733
    Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Anyone else got the chess.com game on their mobile? If so I'm up for a game, not particularly good but most of my friends suck a bit too much to make it fun
    I can DL it what would I have to add to find you?

  4. #2734
    Just finished Knack on the PS4. First next gen game I've played through to completion (except possibly FIFA how do you complete that ...)

    Was a very fun platformer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

  5. #2735
    Ok, Felixthehousecat. My nick is agamemnus1. I will challenge you at some point when I am not starving.

    Edit: I don't see you in the game archives...

  6. #2736
    Senior Member Flixy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    6,389
    Quote Originally Posted by agamemnus View Post
    Ok, Felixthehousecat. My nick is agamemnus1. I will challenge you at some point when I am not starving.

    Edit: I don't see you in the game archives...
    I sent you a challenge!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lebanese Dragon View Post
    I can DL it what would I have to add to find you?
    If you give your username there I can challenge you.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

  7. #2737
    Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the forests of the night
    Posts
    6,238
    Destiny. The Taken King addon is currently quite interesting and did some serious rework of the gameplay.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

  8. #2738
    Stingy DM Veldan Rath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Maine! And yes, we have plumbing!
    Posts
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    Destiny. The Taken King addon is currently quite interesting and did some serious rework of the gameplay.
    Same here, and will get to play more when Better Half gets back on the road again.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

  9. #2739
    Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the forests of the night
    Posts
    6,238
    Currently a bit less enamoured though. One mission led to me nearly biting the controller in half.

    I mean, you have this mission where you're facing a lot of Taken in the last battle (at least I hope it's the last one).

    So, to begin, you have the big boss (the usual bullet sponge with a near-instagib meelee AOE attack) and several of those annoying Vandals (snipers which will two-shot you, who also erect a forcefield dome if low on health).

    Second wave: Taken Thralls (sort of like zombies, shuffle at you, hit like a truck - only that they blink around a bit, usually at you). Plus three Taken Commanders which are a real bitch to go up against - they have a long range blastwave attack which hurts a lot and blinds you for several seconds and if they hit you, they'll teleport to you and hammer away the rest of your health). Oh, and they're shielded - which means you have to take down their shield and their health or they'll heal right back up.

    Third wave: Taken Wizards - have a long range attack which, again, hits like a truck, are shielded and summon Shadow Thralls. While the latter don't blink, they don't shuffle and still hurt. Also, there are Taken Psionics - these beasties hit (do we sense a theme here?) like a truck with their ranged attack and multiply if you don't take them down fast. Geometrically.

    Coupled with tight spaces and the fact that, if you die, you begin at wave 1 again but without restocking of ammunition makes for a bit of frustrating gameplay.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

  10. #2740
    Frozen Free Fall!!!

    its possibly the worst mobile Freemium port I have ever seen Steam rotate through the front page. I wonder how much they got paid for that.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

  11. #2741
    Stingy DM Veldan Rath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Maine! And yes, we have plumbing!
    Posts
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    Currently a bit less enamoured though. One mission led to me nearly biting the controller in half.

    I mean, you have this mission where you're facing a lot of Taken in the last battle (at least I hope it's the last one).

    So, to begin, you have the big boss (the usual bullet sponge with a near-instagib meelee AOE attack) and several of those annoying Vandals (snipers which will two-shot you, who also erect a forcefield dome if low on health).

    Second wave: Taken Thralls (sort of like zombies, shuffle at you, hit like a truck - only that they blink around a bit, usually at you). Plus three Taken Commanders which are a real bitch to go up against - they have a long range blastwave attack which hurts a lot and blinds you for several seconds and if they hit you, they'll teleport to you and hammer away the rest of your health). Oh, and they're shielded - which means you have to take down their shield and their health or they'll heal right back up.

    Third wave: Taken Wizards - have a long range attack which, again, hits like a truck, are shielded and summon Shadow Thralls. While the latter don't blink, they don't shuffle and still hurt. Also, there are Taken Psionics - these beasties hit (do we sense a theme here?) like a truck with their ranged attack and multiply if you don't take them down fast. Geometrically.

    Coupled with tight spaces and the fact that, if you die, you begin at wave 1 again but without restocking of ammunition makes for a bit of frustrating gameplay.
    To quote the Destiny forums: "Get gud scrub, and stop being so salty."

    Anyhoo, I do agree that the Taken's tactics and movement are a bit hair raising and challenging. I think it is an improvement though. Their attack routines and paths are less predictable.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

  12. #2742
    Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the forests of the night
    Posts
    6,238
    This might interest you: When decoding engrams, under NO circumstances decode them all at once.

    Instead do it like this:

    Decode an engram, green first, then blue, then violet.
    Switch to character view and equip it if it's of a higher level (yes, even if you have intention of using it further because it's a weapon type you don't like)
    Back and decode the next engram, rinse and repeat.

    The reason for this? The result you're getting is dependant on your current light level - higher level yields better results.

    Plus, the Three Coins from Xur method can yield you some exotics relatively fast. You'll need a rocket launcher. Buy as many Three Coins from Xur as you want (that is the usable material which comes in stacks of five). Start the mission "House of Winter" on Venus (the level 14 one). Punch through until the final room. Use one Three Coin, burn the boss down to a sliver of its health, the equip the rocket launcher, run up to the boss and fire. This should kill yourself and the boss, who then may drop an exotic. If he didn't, well, that's why you just killed yourself - use another Three Coin, burn the boss down and go kamikaze.

    Every time you do this, the chance for an exotic goes up. 20 Three Coins yielded 4 exotic engrams for me (since you can equip only one weapon and one piece of armor at the same time, it's not really unbalancing).

    Now that I know this and my light level is at 278, I'll retry that damn mission. The auto rifle Monte Carlo should make it easier - every hit reduces the meelee CD and every kill has a chance of resetting the CD outright. Plus my helm gives me two meelee charges...

    ... Hammer Time!
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

  13. #2743

  14. #2744
    Thea: The Awakening

    Just released, and picked this up on Steam for a tenner. It's pretty good, kept me happily engaged.

    Similarities to lots of games, but mostly HoMM turn-based types.

    You get only 1 village, which you build up slowly. There's gathering of food and resources, crafting of tools, weapons and armour.

    You have 1 or more expedition parties who head out and tackle enemies and encounter quests.

    Combat is card-based, with a card representing each of your expedition party, with Dmg/Defense for each, and various tactical enhancements.

    A lot more depth and balance to the game than appears on the surface.



    Worth the money.

  15. #2745
    Sounds pretty fun.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

  16. #2746
    Looks decent, Timbuk2. Thanks. Edit: heh, was already on my wishlist and I missed the sale...

  17. #2747
    Disgaea 5.
    Hope is the denial of reality

  18. #2748
    I finally got a copy of GTA V. $10 with a fold out map and an unused blimp code.

    But its for the PS3.

    Aside from the stupidly long load time to start playing, its been alright. Still expect it pick it up on Steam once it hits a reasonable sale price.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

  19. #2749
    Project Euler
    There's a man goin' 'round, takin' names
    And he decides who to free and who to blame

  20. #2750
    I finally finished a full play through of Half Life 2, full achievements and everything. Plan to do Lost Coast some time today and tackle the episodes soon.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

  21. #2751
    Software Inc.



    Early Access. Single developer.

    Nicely balanced. Great little game so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

    And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

  22. #2752
    Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the forests of the night
    Posts
    6,238
    Horizon: Zero Dawn. It's quite nice even though I suck with the aiming when using a controller
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

  23. #2753
    Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    Horizon: Zero Dawn. It's quite nice even though I suck with the aiming when using a controller
    Has been massively advertised here on tv. Game has some serious financial backing it seems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

    And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

  24. #2754
    Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the forests of the night
    Posts
    6,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Has been massively advertised here on tv. Game has some serious financial backing it seems.
    It shows. While it does have its "Collect these gizmos and gadgets from all over the map" which kind of all open world games seem to must have, the side quests and errands are way more detailed than mere "Fetch me 10 wolf skins!"

    Some game mechanics could be made a little bit more clear, though, for example, the whole status effects thing. Very early in the game you get fire arrows and the robots descriptions usually say: "Body: Vulnerable to fire". And yet I didn't have too much success when using the fire arrows. Until about 10 hours into the game when I first saw this loading screen tip: "You need to shoot fire/ice/shock arrows into your target until the gauge is filled up to afflict your target with being on fire / shocked / frozen!"
    Changed the game quite a bit
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

  25. #2755
    Those side quests are made by the same guys who made the side quests in the Witcher 3
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

  26. #2756
    Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    It shows. While it does have its "Collect these gizmos and gadgets from all over the map" which kind of all open world games seem to must have, the side quests and errands are way more detailed than mere "Fetch me 10 wolf skins!"

    Some game mechanics could be made a little bit more clear, though, for example, the whole status effects thing. Very early in the game you get fire arrows and the robots descriptions usually say: "Body: Vulnerable to fire". And yet I didn't have too much success when using the fire arrows. Until about 10 hours into the game when I first saw this loading screen tip: "You need to shoot fire/ice/shock arrows into your target until the gauge is filled up to afflict your target with being on fire / shocked / frozen!"
    Changed the game quite a bit
    Many of the canisters that blow up for huge damage have a shell that protects them that needs to be shot off first as well.
    Not all of them though..Longlegs are exposed by default, Snapmaw's aren't, Glinthawks can be freeze exploded by any arrow once the chest piece is shot off.
    Learning the weakness of the machines is one of the games strong points.

  27. #2757
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Early Access. Single developer.

    Nicely balanced. Great little game so far.
    This actually looks interesting. I think I was sold when I saw the spreadsheets and flow diagrams. Plus, I've always wanted to pretend to be a software developer.

  28. #2758
    Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the forests of the night
    Posts
    6,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowheart View Post
    Many of the canisters that blow up for huge damage have a shell that protects them that needs to be shot off first as well.
    Not all of them though..Longlegs are exposed by default, Snapmaw's aren't, Glinthawks can be freeze exploded by any arrow once the chest piece is shot off.
    Learning the weakness of the machines is one of the games strong points.
    Currently at a point where Glinthawks get three fire arrows. Rinse and repeat for any non-burning hawk.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

  29. #2759
    Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the forests of the night
    Posts
    6,238
    Oh, and if you don't want "Easy Mode" game: Don't equip the power armor. Made the final boss laughably easy.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

  30. #2760
    Is that that secret future armor in that vault?
    Or secret past armor more accurately.

    I like how all the armors are useful for different situations too.
    Seems like a lot of games you get a "best" armor and never wear anything else.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •