Page 38 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 2804

Thread: What game are you playing now?

Single player to get a grip on things, level 49? barb at the moment. Just started Act II Nightmare. I'll probably switch to a battle.net character soon though, and play through Nightmare and Hell there.

Spin it let's begin it. Angel_Mapper's Avatar
    They finally got Minecraft multiplayer working well enough for my roommate and I to start a local server. We've been playing that the last two weeks.

My mountain retreat:
    Click to view the full version

Work in progress on my Fire Pyramid (Hollow, made of sandstone):
    Click to view the full version
    Angel Mapper - Prometheus

To have said goodbye to things!

Speaking of Battle.net, I no longer can connect to it to play Starcraft on the Windows 7 pc. They suggest a reinstall, but it's a fresh install and still doing it. =\

Today's "no one saw that one coming" announcement:

Duke Nukem has been delayed by a month, not coming out til June 3rd now. Maybe this will give them time to design a case that doesn't look so god awful retarded.

"In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Star Was Legos...sigh...having a kid REALLY impacts the adult game play
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Haha.

If you have a Wii my son has been playing Kirby's Epic Yarn and decided that it's a lot of fun even though it looks girly.

I'm probably going to buy Sims Medieval today. Or tomorrow. Sometime soon, anyway.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

I am tempted...but I'm planning on Star Craft 2 when Better Half is not looking.

Wtfuckity is minecraft and why are people playing shitty blocky games that look like they were programmed in the 80s by kiddies doing a school project?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    I'm probably going to buy Sims Medieval today. Or tomorrow. Sometime soon, anyway.
    What, you've been holding your sadism in lately?
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    What, you've been holding your sadism in lately?
    I'm practicing delayed gratification.

I'm pretty sure it's going to be tomorrow, I have absolutely nothing to do and nowhere to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Veldan Rath View Post
    Star Was Legos...sigh...having a kid REALLY impacts the adult game play
    About time. Don't forget to unlock Indiana Jones for real fun. The 'lego' games are pretty much the limit of my attention span when it comes to video games. That and I don't like to die in games
    Get off my lawn
    I can live without #16 and #17

Quote Originally Posted by sheadunne View Post
    About time. Don't forget to unlock Indiana Jones for real fun. The 'lego' games are pretty much the limit of my attention span when it comes to video games. That and I don't like to die in games
    Well, I DO enjoy hearing Jar Jar scream when he falls off cliffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Wtfuckity is minecraft and why are people playing shitty blocky games that look like they were programmed in the 80s by kiddies doing a school project?
    Disclaimer: I have never played, or seen a video of someone playing, Minecraft

What makes you think it's shitty? What kind of school did you go to in the 80s that had student projects looking like that?
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Anyone tried Shogun 2 yet?

Umming and aahing about whether to buy yet, or wait till price drops.

Reviews are generally pretty good.
    Shogun is fucking great so far. (played 2 evenings)

+
    Skill trees. No more random acquisitions of skills, you get to customize generals and agents. Want a siege general, or an admiral, or even a treasurer? Ninja assassin or Saboteur or Spy?
    Number of unit-types is way down. It makes tactics rather clear and enjoyable.
    AI is decent bar a few occasions (see -) and has surprised me with ambushes.
    Agent movies are back.
    The atmos is great!
    Family tree.

-
    AI still does stupid moves sometimes. Like parade in front of the city walls
    Scrolling by mousepointer to edge of screen in campaignmap is fubarred. I use WASD instead.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    I'm practicing delayed gratification.

I'm pretty sure it's going to be tomorrow, I have absolutely nothing to do and nowhere to go.
    It's fun. Seems less simmy than I was expecting, but different is good.

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Enjoying it but unfortunately had to turn the graphics specs down pretty low to be able to play on the laptop.
    Such is Life...

Shogun 2 is really good. AI much improved, excellent interface, great art direction and a much more balanced, focused game in general.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Shogun is fucking great so far. (played 2 evenings)

+
    Skill trees. No more random acquisitions of skills, you get to customize generals and agents. Want a siege general, or an admiral, or even a treasurer? Ninja assassin or Saboteur or Spy?
    Number of unit-types is way down. It makes tactics rather clear and enjoyable.
    AI is decent bar a few occasions (see -) and has surprised me with ambushes.
    Agent movies are back.
    The atmos is great!
    Family tree.

-
    AI still does stupid moves sometimes. Like parade in front of the city walls
    Scrolling by mousepointer to edge of screen in campaignmap is fubarred. I use WASD instead.
    Shogun 2 is really good. AI much improved, excellent interface, great art direction and a much more balanced, focused game in general.

Installing ...
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

Interesting. I never bought anything after Rome, and never heard any reason to as well. I may get Shogun II if I can run it sometime this year.

Assassins Creed, just blew four hours in the blink of an eye!
    Such is Life...

Senior Member Evidently Supermarioman's Avatar
    Because the world you can explore is:
    1. Randomly generated
    2. Nearly eight times the surface area of the Earth
    3. Completely destructible

Also, if you think Minecraft looks like a game from the 80's, then you haven't played any games from the 80's.
    I enjoy blank walls.

Late 80's/early 90's

Come on, your namesake had far superior graphics from what I've seen.

Heh, Minecraft.
    It's an ugly bastard, but the gameplay sucks you in.

2. Nearly eight times the surface area of the Earth
    This isn't actually as cool as it sounds.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Dragon Age 2. Pretty awesome.

So Timbu, how's that game we sold you on treating you?
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Played ... oooh about 7 or 8 hours now.

Started with a clan on the wester-most isle, and have now taken over half of Japan.

The shogun got pissed off with my warlike ways at this point, so has declared, and most other clans joined against me.

This resulted in lots of ships attacking my poorly defended farmland provinces way behind my armies and the conquering front-line, halting my advance almost totally.

Strategically then, it's a very good game.

The battlemaps are good, though the defence of strongholds and villages seems a little formulaic. A bit samey each time. Not as good as Rome. At least so far.

Otherwise, the battles out in the open are great.

I like the research trees, welcome return of the family tree. Lots of nice touches. I like the overall Nipponesey style. Polished.

Overall, it's very good - lots of hours to come.

Kinect is fun! Student rooms are a little small for it though.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Don't feel bad, my livingroom is 13' deep (9' from Kinect to couch) and with the Kinect 18" off the floor, it still complains about wanting more space.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Which is what I am

I aim at the stars