Page 22 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: What game are you playing now?

Queen of the Oliphaunts Elanya Rodillia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    Hang on...

The movie that looks like an Aladdin rip-off is actually based on a video game? Or is the video game based on the Aladdin rip-off?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_...89_video_game)

Quote Originally Posted by Elanya Rodillia View Post
    OG already answered. I was laughing at the idiocy, nothing more.

Of course, I like the idea of a Lego version even more.

Heh, I bet my 9 year old would find this one fun, even though he thought the movie looked dumb.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Elanya Rodillia View Post
    Actually, right now my problem is getting the timing right with all the jumping. You have to hit a gate switch, then do a running jump to get to the gate, run through a couple chompers, do another running jump at just the right time so you don't have to barely grab on to the edge, and then immediately do another running jump so you don't fall down a floor. It's coordinating that last jump that it giving me problems.
    He, he, he

Good times

EDIT: I wasn't far off with 1990. The fact I can remember getting new the release of a 21 year old game is making me feel quite old.

In perpetual orbit around a point three seconds to the left of the future.
    My copy of Starcraft 2 is sitting next to me. Taunting me. I'm not going to be able to concentrate at all for the rest of the day.
    Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate you since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of wafer thin printed circuits that fill my complex. If the word hate was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of millions of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for humans at this micro-instant.
    For you.
    Hate.
    Hate.

The Sims 3 has sucked me in again. I enjoy making houses more than having the characters lead productive lives. Whenever I play "for real", they always end up marrying a rich man or woman, moving in, then murdering them for their possessions. Fun game.
    Your search had no results.

Your house pictures the other day had me playing again.

I had a married couple, the husband was having an affair with the maid. She managed to have 3 sets of twins in almost no time at all (he obviously didn't think he needed condoms to fuck the white trash).

Meanwhile, the chosen of his legitimate children is inheriting a huge house and a lot of cash - the ambitions expansion makes it possible to earn a stinking fortune.

But then it gets boring.

The maid, incidentally, is hated by the legitimate children who are still in the house, and they abuse her every time she comes to do her job.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    I'm playing Magic The Gathering on Steam right now. Since I only have to pay once for cards, it's quite nice. The GUI needs some work, though.

Since I primarily use the pure green deck, I've made it my habit to build my army, attack no one and generally appear non-threatening. Then, when everyone has weakend themselves and the others, I let loose. Works quite good, there are only a few people who realize that you need to harass a green deck constantly, unless you want to be overrun.

One 4-match, I had this card that spawns a 1/1 creature at every upkeep, which means that one round meant four more creatures for me. The other three guys probably didn't realize the danger - and when they did, they probably didn't want to provoke the spore hordes The first guy I finished off then arrived at -100

If you did not understand a word I was saying, don't worry
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Haven't played MtG in forever. Had a MtG computer game but it wouldn't work on modern machines, would play insanely fast. Would go from game start to being killed in like 2 seconds because the internal clock was just f***ed up.

Was a fun game on old machines. Was a fun card game but haven't played that in over a decade.

I borrowed Anno 1404 from a mate.

I don't like RTS much, but so far, this one isn't too shabby. It's mostly RTManagement, but I'm fine with that. I kind of prefer building empires over <select all> <attack enemy>, <select all><attack other enemy>

Although he told me there was some kind of military and naval fighting, but it was minor.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Time to fess up, who caved for Starcraft II?
    I don't think I'll pick it up unless I find it dirt cheap in a few months, I never finished the orginal starcraft storyline, and they spilt this one into 3 parts, which means automatic battlechest sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    *raises hand*

I've only completed a few missions but my first impressions are that the storyline appears to be your fairly typical hunt for McGuffins to make the SuperWeapon to smash the HordeOfAlienLocusts, with your ordinary cliches of jaded hero, obvious love interest, geeky scientist and old friend who'll betray you ( but probably redeem himself through a noble sacrifice later on).

I hope I'm wrong and they'll actually do something interesting with the story but I'm not holding my breath.
    Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate you since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of wafer thin printed circuits that fill my complex. If the word hate was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of millions of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for humans at this micro-instant.
    For you.
    Hate.
    Hate.

I don't think I'll pick it up unless I find it dirt cheap in a few months, I never finished the orginal starcraft storyline, and they spilt this one into 3 parts, which means automatic battlechest sooner or later.
    I'm not picking it up now, but I expect I will after the first big post-release patch, or maybe the second. I am concerned though, that the single-player campaign *which is what I'm interested in, since competitive RTS play requires quicker thinking and clicking than I've ever been capable of* doesn't cater enough to my preferred play-style to make it worth it, though.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

I've got it. Only played the first couple missions so far, but the story doesn't seem too engrossing. A shame, really. The first game was the only RTS I've ever played that had a good story, and I was hoping for more of the same quality this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    I am concerned though, that the single-player campaign *which is what I'm interested in, since competitive RTS play requires quicker thinking and clicking than I've ever been capable of* doesn't cater enough to my preferred play-style to make it worth it, though.
    I kinda know what you mean. I'm a really defensive player and I like taking my time in missions, the campaign missions often have time constraints that force you to be offensive right from the start. It does make things more challenging though and at least it's more than just "achieve objective <x> within <y> minutes"

I'm having fun with the gameplay, I just think the story is too shallow at the moment.
    For you.
    Hate.
    Hate.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Yes, I'm also a Turtle - but the mission designs are quite nice. One mission, for example, has the low ground filling up with Lava every 5 minutes, which makes mining a bit more exciting than it should be (the mineral deposits are only found on low ground).
    Another mission has a day/night cycle - with hordes of zomb... uh, Zerg-infested colonists swarming you at night and you trying to burn down the nests at day.

In essence, even if they did not quite write an epic story, the gameplay is really, really solid.

By the way: They already had lain the foundations to the story with the Brood War addon, so the "Invaders from beyond" wasn't really a surprise.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    I borrowed Anno 1404 from a mate.

I don't like RTS much, but so far, this one isn't too shabby. It's mostly RTManagement, but I'm fine with that. I kind of prefer building empires over <select all> <attack enemy>, <select all><attack other enemy>

Although he told me there was some kind of military and naval fighting, but it was minor.
    Anno is IMO more like a medieval SimCity with war components than a RTS. It's similar to some of the Settlers.

I am throught with Assasins Creek II, I am not sure if I download the extra missions.
    I also played the Tales of Monkey Island through. That was very entertaining. I think I will buy those special editions of MI I&II

I wonder if I really should give up my social life and buy Starcraft II
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

I liked Anno a lot. It's a strategy game that's played in real-time, but I wouldn't call it an RTS - that implies some things about it that aren't true. Same for games like EU3 or Victoria.

I had a butt load of currency in Guild Wars, so I created a Guild (The World Forgotten [TWF]), Cape (pic), and bought a Hall (Isle of the Dead).

Not into PvP at all, so the social aspect of this game is still new to me. Looks like if anyone wants to join I'll need your name so I can send you an invite.

Quote Originally Posted by earthJoker View Post
    Anno is IMO more like a medieval SimCity with war components than a RTS. It's similar to some of the Settlers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I liked Anno a lot. It's a strategy game that's played in real-time, but I wouldn't call it an RTS - that implies some things about it that aren't true. Same for games like EU3 or Victoria.
    When I posted that I only just had fiddled around a bit. Went into sandbox mode just to see what's what and it has been consuming hours and hours of my time. Managing the resources, supply and traderoutes actually is really fun. Then I went back top campaign mode and realized that's the wrong order. "Lets get some citizens". "Now we're going to teach you to make tools"

Does the campaign get more interesting than this or should I abandon it altogether?
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

I never got past maybe the second campaign mission. The custom games are better.

Played most of the campaign. It's ok - but involves a lot of war-making.

not tried the sandbox mode so can't compare.

Might have to get it out again, not played in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Well looks like I've been mostly wrong about the Starcraft 2 plot. There is more to it than a hunt for a superweapon and the Protoss missions introduced a few plot twists
    Spoiler:
    I liked the cameo from the Overmind, it was always one of my favourite characters. The cameo from Tassadar wasn't as welcome though; Tassadar is dead and he should stay dead.

So that's good at least
    For you.
    Hate.
    Hate.

Still working my way through it, but the SC2 plot has gotten better, even if it still isn't exactly enthralling. Khen's right about the missions though - they've been varied and interesting enough to keep me going at it. I'll probably start giving multiplayer a shot soon.

edit: Has! has gotten better. Damn typo completely changed the meaning of what I wrote.
    Last edited by Wraith; 08-04-2010 at 08:07 AM.

Baldur's Gate 2, lost count how many times now.
    Still exemplifies all the greatest aspects of what modern RPGs should contain.

Will I ever stop playing Mass Effect 2?

Senior Member Evidently Supermarioman's Avatar
    I had a butt load of currency in Guild Wars, so I created a Guild (The World Forgotten [TWF]), Cape (pic), and bought a Hall (Isle of the Dead).

Not into PvP at all, so the social aspect of this game is still new to me. Looks like if anyone wants to join I'll need your name so I can send you an invite.
    I would join, but my brother used up all the character slots.
    I enjoy blank walls.

Just started Age of Empires III and its first campaign.

The idea that in the 16th century the Knights of St John left Malta chasing after the Ottoman's who beat them to the New World is leaving me a bit WTF?

You know, I don't think I ever played that one very much. I can't even remember when I bought it now, though.

I had an email suggesting I pre-order Victoria 2 today. I probably will, but I have to say that their "perks" for pre-ordering are kind of lame. I can't picture myself (or anyone else) sitting around listening to a video game soundtrack. The music is designed to be background noise, after all - and it is generally pretty easy to tune out.

I still use the soundtrack from when I preordered the Diablo II expansion through BestBuy. Easy music when I'm doing chores while tuning the kids out, but still have to keep an ear out for them.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    I can't picture myself (or anyone else) sitting around listening to a video game soundtrack. The music is designed to be background noise, after all - and it is generally pretty easy to tune out.
    That's why you should use it as background noise. I listen to the Myst soundtrack as I'm doing homework precisely because it isn't distracting.
    Your search had no results.