Page 37 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 2804

Thread: What game are you playing now?

My kids have them - they decided between them who gets black and who gets white.

Presumably they'll trade each other pokemon, that's what they did with the heartgold and soulsilver, anyway.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowheart View Post
    Bulletstorm is awesome.

It's a refreshing take on the FPS genre..
    It didn't get very good reviews. Do you think it is as good as Borderlands?
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    It didn't get very good reviews. Do you think it is as good as Borderlands?
    It's at 84 on Metacritic, seems pretty good to me..guess it depends on one's definition of good reviews.

Hard to compare it to Borderlands, as that's an RPG-ish, open world type-game, and Bulletstorm is a linear FPS, they aren't really similar at all in game-play terms.
    Just in general game terms though, yeah it's as good.
    The campaign was easily better than any other FPS I've played recently..great set pieces, fun, different story, no "slow" parts.
    I liked the humor and dialogue, but some may not..depends on your taste.

The gameplay is incredibly fun, but you have to "get it".
    Run through just shooting and it sucks.
    Once you get the hang of the skill shots and the variety things you can do, it's magic.

I liked both for different reasons.
    Borderlands is long and satisfying, Bulletstorm is short and electrifying.

Wow, great comparison. Thanks, I think I'll give it a try. I need something to hold me over until Crysis 2 comes out.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Click to view the full version

Have I mentioned how much I love Target? $75!
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

The RC spy car in the package above is easily the coolest piece of game related crap I've purchased.

Another one bites the dust

Toys'R'Us is also doing BOGO on DS games so I purchased Pokemon Gold & Silver. Think I'll give the kids Black and White for surviving NCLBA testing, and hold Gold and Silver till Easter.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

I'm stuck for what to play next.

Played Settlers 7 to death.

Completed ME2 for the first time, as a warrior type. Started a second game as one of the telekinetic types but quickly got bored.

Played a good few hours worth getting back in to Anno 1404, but got bored of the amount of time it takes to conquer another player, once you have all your supply lines established and your citizens happy, which is the fun part.

Spent an hour or two trying to get back into Nappy:Total War but it didn't grab me.

Will get Shogun II: Total War when it comes out. Otherwise I really am at a loose end games-wise.

P'raps I'm just getting old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Just got an X-box 360. I waahnt to know who stole my name. I was pissed and dimayed to find that rumrunner was already taken. So... who the fuck is the unoriginal name thievin' son-of-a-goat fucker? Rumrunner43 will have to do, but I want somebodies blood in a silver chalice over this. CoD:Black Ops, is alright, might be better once I gain some experience. I've been told it is so.
    The worst job in the world is better than being broke and homeless

You could always send said rumrunner a friend invite. Although it appears he is a halo fan, so you may have a communication learning curve.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 03-10-2011 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    You could always send said rumrunner a friend invite. Although it appears he is Halo fan, so you may have a communication learning curve.
    Dammit, I hope he/she or he-she, enjoys the success of their coup d'nom. Was it you OG? or one of your hapless ominites?
    The worst job in the world is better than being broke and homeless

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Dragon Age 2 is really nice. Combat has been streamlined a bit to the point that it actually feels a bit more dynamic - the Rain of Fire spell is pretty awesome: Wait till the foes center around your tank, Cone of Cold to freeze them in place and then Rain of Fire. Which isn't "small sparks raining from the sky" but "explosive shrapnels blast down on your foes". Follow up with a Fireball and most of them should be toast by now. And unless you're playing on "Nightmare" difficulty you won't have to worry about friendly fire (which is good since half of your combat spells have an area of effect).

However, potions have a large cooldown now, as well as the healing spells, which means that your tank will be knocked unconscious if you don't take care when fighting adult dragons or somesuch.
    Which reminds me, creation of potions, bombs, poisons and runes also has been redesigned - you discover the reagents on the map and then those reagents are available forever. However, to create some potions, you may need to find more than one instance of the herb needed. And you still need a receipe. And money.

You can also choose either to upgrade your spells or go for massive amounts of spells - for example, one upgrade makes the Living Bomb contagious, another increases the area of effect for the fireball, increases its damage and let's the foes stagger around. You also don't need to hunt around for specializations anymore - for the player character three choices are available upon reaching level 7, the companions each have one special tree tailored towards their background stories. They also gain different boni depending upon whether they like or hate you.

The dialog is now more Mass Effect (2) like, the inventory system is reduced in complexity as well (your companions won't need the armor you wear but you can upgrade them by other means, they'll still accept weapons, amulets and rings though), and travelling is made easier as well since the map shows where main and side quests reside.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    I'm stuck for what to play next.

Played Settlers 7 to death.

Completed ME2 for the first time, as a warrior type. Started a second game as one of the telekinetic types but quickly got bored.

Played a good few hours worth getting back in to Anno 1404, but got bored of the amount of time it takes to conquer another player, once you have all your supply lines established and your citizens happy, which is the fun part.

Spent an hour or two trying to get back into Nappy:Total War but it didn't grab me.

Will get Shogun II: Total War when it comes out. Otherwise I really am at a loose end games-wise.

P'raps I'm just getting old.
    I forget, did you end up picking up Dragon Age? Because DA2 just came out.

edit: I see Khend just mentioned it.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

I'm playing Dragon Age 1 on and off. I like some elements of it (plot, some of the characters, some of the skills), but others leave a lot to be desired (a vast majority of drops being crap, many quests are a pain to complete, some quests are needlessly confusing).
    Hope is the denial of reality

I quite liked DA1 and played a few different chars of different classes.

Bought the Awakenings expansion but never really played it.

Perhaps a trip down the DA2 path is called for.

Cheers fellas.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

I'm afraid to buy Shogun 2. I will of course, but the series have been going downhill. At least they don't have 300+ different units and went back to 30. Hopefully they'll focus on AI-tactics instead.

Oh well, low expectations means less disappointment.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Just got DA2. Will try it over the weekend.

Dragon Age 2 on the PC (Steam also) includes Securom, even though EA/Bioware said it wouldn't, and its not advertised on any packaging or support materials

Are you sure it's on Steam too? Just went looking for reports, and they say Steam is safe.

Can't find anything past 1 remark I saw at reddit at the time. Hate when I can't verify that crap while at work cause of the stupid filter.

^Everywhere I'm seeing, says the reports on the Securom was false, and that it isn't included on any retail copy of Dragon Age 2.

Seems like it was on the Reviewer copies, which is where the report came from.

EA updated Ars on the false positive
    Update: EA has since released a statement to Ars claiming that the information provided by Reclaim Your Game's analysis is false, explaining "Dragon Age II does not use SecuROM DRM. Any statements made to the contrary are false. The confusion stems from the use of Release Control which is also made by Sony. Release Control was employed to protect the game against usage prior to its release date. These are two different technologies with different purposes. Release Control in no way affects users’ rights to access after launch, and its executable automatically deletes itself once the Release Control process is finished."
    So its not Securom, just another Sony product that sucks at completely removing itself.

Anyone tried Shogun 2 yet?

Umming and aahing about whether to buy yet, or wait till price drops.

Reviews are generally pretty good.

Playing DA2 in the meantime.

Playing Cloning Clyde, good short term fun.
    Such is Life...

Senior Member Evidently Supermarioman's Avatar
    I've been playing Goldeneye online, and I'm going through the story again on 00 Agent difficulty.

Also, how many people here are excited about Battlefield 3?
    DICE is doing some amazing stuff involving destruction and lighting.
    I enjoy blank walls.

Speaking of agents... Agent 47 is back!!! Hitman 5 was announced just now. Hope it'll not be another Kane & Lynch bug machine, since I really, really, really hold this franchise dear.
    Tomorrow is like an empty canvas that extends endlessly, what should I sketch on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuha Vinland View Post
    Speaking of agents... Agent 47 is back!!! Hitman 5 was announced just now. Hope it'll not be another Kane & Lynch bug machine, since I really, really, really hold this franchise dear.
    Yay!

Heh, I'm about 10 years behind. Just got Diablo II and am playing through it.

I lost many years to that damn game. Still pissed when they nerfed the necro solely to boost their framerate years ago....
    You suffering through Battle.net or keeping it single player?

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    I lost many years to that damn game. Still pissed when they nerfed the necro solely to boost their framerate years ago....
    You suffering through Battle.net or keeping it single player?
    Patch 1.10 completely crippled my Poison and Bone necromancer. It really doesn't matter if he can fire off an actual stream of bone spirits with his 2500+ mana if nearly all the monsters in later difficulties either have magic resistance and high levels of health, or are completely magic immune.

He once killed a hostile barbarian player from inside town by rapidly summoning fire golems next to them.
    . . .

I remember my minions used to bring other people's older computers/connections to a crawl. Used to be 1 point = 1 skeleton. So after a little while 40 points = 40 skeletons. Absolute choas, but damn, that was a joy to watch. This white wave of the undead marching around like those damn braindead chickens, firing random spells at anything that moved.

Sucks that battle.net games are so overrun with join spam now.