Page 41 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 2804

Thread: What game are you playing now?

From Best Buy I got $10 in gamers club points, and an email with a code for $10 off another digital purchase.

Bought Fable 3, started it last night. It's fun, but kind of weird.

But hey, I have lots of gold from the WP7 game that 's on my phone that my son plays obsessively.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Epic Mickey CE (only had to pay $8!)
    I wanted so badly to like that game but I ended up hating it.

Starcraft 2...

I like how the game focuses on the Human campaign, but works in Zeratul and the Protoss.

I have never liked playing the Zerg, but so far I'm feeling cheated that I think I'm almost done with the game and I don't think I will be playing them much...(seems like only 5/8 of a game as you don't get to play the Protoss that much either)
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Starcraft 2 is split chapters. You focus on the other races in the next 2 games.

Heart of the Swarm is the title of the 2nd chapter.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Starcraft 2 is split chapters. You focus on the other races in the next 2 games.

Heart of the Swarm is the title of the 2nd chapter.
    WHAT

Jesus, did the go to the Martin school dividing up (books) games?
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Blizzard has been planning their games like that for years. Warcraft III's expansion was designed along side the base game, as well as Diablo II. They've already started talking about Diablo III's expansion.

---------

Turns out whatever brought down the Sony PSN was some super serious business. Its still offline and Sony has said they are having to build the network from the ground up to strengthen the security, and to top it off, they are unsure if any credit card or other identifing information has been compromised....
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Didn't Sony bring Sony down? I had heard they took down the network themselves as a precautionary measure and were wildly overoptimistic about how long it'd take to rejigger it.

Was supposed to play Portal 2 co-op with somebody on a PS3 this weekend. Obviously, that didn't happen.

Yeah, I found that after I posted the above message. Appears some bit of custom firmware allowed your console to act like a dev kit, and they found a way to sign those consoles into the PSN network, and the credit card accounts tied to those dev consoles weren't verified. So...
    Free games for everyone!

http://www.thegx.co/news/1187/the-cf...shut-down-psn/
    Video of the CFW that made Sony shit a brick

http://www.thegx.co/news/1187/the-cf...shut-down-psn/
    Video of the CFW that made Sony shit a brick
    Douchebags, hope whoever did that gets arrested and prosecuted.

Hope is the denial of reality
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    Hope is the denial of reality
    Unless it's a reality tv show?

Sure
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Holy Hell, Sony really fucked up on their PSN security...

Sony has finally come clean about the "external intrusion" that has caused the company to take down the PlayStation Network service, and the news is almost as bad as it can possibly get. The hackers have all your personal information, although Sony is still unsure about whether your credit card data is safe. Everything else on file when it comes to your account is in the hands of the hackers.

In other words, Sony's security has failed in a spectacular fashion, and we're just now finding out about it. In both practical and PR terms, this is a worst-case scenario.

What did they get?
    Here is the data that Sony is sure has been compromised if you have a PlayStation Network Account:

Your name
    Your address (city, state, and zip)
    Country
    E-mail address
    Birthday
    PSN password and login name

"It is also possible that your profile data, including purchase history and billing address (city, state, zip), and your PlayStation Network/Qriocity password security answers may have been obtained. If you have authorized a sub-account for your dependent, the same data with respect to your dependent may have been obtained," Sony announced. While the company claims that there is "no evidence" that credit card information has been compromised, it won't rule out the possibility.

Their advice is to be safe, rather than sorry. "If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, out of an abundance of caution we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have been obtained."

What can you do?
    You are warned to keep watch over your accounts, and to be aware of your heightened risk of fraud due to the security breach. "For your security, we encourage you to be especially aware of e-mail, telephone, and postal mail scams that ask for personal or sensitive information," the company said. "Sony will not contact you in any way, including by email, asking for your credit card number, social security number or other personally identifiable information."

Sony has also provided a wealth of sources for data and protection against identity theft.

You may wish to visit the web site of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission at www.consumer.gov/idtheft or reach the FTC at 1-877-382-4357 or 600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20580 for further information about how to protect yourself from identity theft. Your state Attorney General may also have advice on preventing identity theft, and you should report instances of known or suspected identity theft to law enforcement, your State Attorney General, and the FTC. For North Carolina residents, the Attorney General can be contacted at 9001 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-9001; telephone (877) 566-7226; or www.ncdoj.gov. For Maryland residents, the Attorney General can be contacted at 200 St. Paul Place, 16th Floor, Baltimore, MD 21202; telephone: (888) 743-0023; or www.oag.state.md.us.
    To be fair, Sony does apologize for the inconvenience. There is still no update on when service will be restored, but that is the least of your concerns if you have a PlayStation Network account. It's time to change your passwords, at the very least, and if you're like to be completely safe it's not a bad idea to cancel your credit or debit cards and request replacements.

We'll continue to follow this story as it develops.
    Reuters is reporting someone gained access to the above information for around around 77 million accounts.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 04-26-2011 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Unless it's a reality tv show?
    Oh, I don't think they will. Its what they deserve, but they'll get away with it.

Hmm, they haven't sent out an email yet. At least, I haven't gotten one. Assholes.

EDIT: Hubby says he never updated our credit card info so the card in the system is expired anyhow. LOL. Phew.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/116/1163362p1.html

Looks like the next generation of console wars might be starting a bit earlier than expected. I've been hearing rumors for a while now that 2012 was going to be the kick-off, but it looks like Nintendo might start shipping in time for this Christmas. The earlier rumors I'd heard were that both Microsoft and Sony would be talking next gen at this year's E3.

Oh yeah baby!

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Gah, the new WoW instances do bring out the Fail Squadron in droves!

Not being able to interrupt spells even if you actually gain damage by it?
    Standing in the blue/green/red fire?
    Not being able to understand: "Kill the right monster. The right one. Not the left. The one opposite of left!"
    Not being able to comprehend: "And then everyone kills the adds. Everyone. That includes the rogues, Deathknights and even you, Feral druid!"
    An inability to see the relation between the black stuff on the ground and the rapidly disappearing health points.

I mean, we had that before the patch, too. Only now this stuff does kill instead of merely annoy...
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Why do I suck so much at Halo 2
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Because you touch yourself at night.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

That's what my fellow gamers keep telling me as well.

Can I balance it out by doing it during the day, too?
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

It's worth a shot (or two).
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Finally got an email from Playstation about the security breach. Jesus, this is 12 days later! I'm normally a big fan of PS/Sony but at the moment I'm disappointed at their slow to inform users. Yes, it's been in the news but they should have notified everyone right away. Jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    Because you touch yourself at night.

On the Android. It's hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Just got back from Disney (and holy shit that was awesome), and I see Portal 2 waiting for me. I rip it open and try to activate the serial so I can start downloading the PC version. Steam tells me I have to register it with my PS3 first. I think, "thats cool, the network should be fixed by now". Turn on the PS3 and I'm immediate greeted with network maintenance error code.

FUCK! No way I'm playing single player with a stupid dualshock. What the hell is the hold up?

^ I heard the PSN might not be back up until the end of May. Just play Portal 2 on the PS3 for now, OG; the controls are not as bad as I expected them to be and the game is just too good to not play. Plus, you can play splitscreen co-op on the console. My boyfriend and I played co-op this weekend after finishing single-player and it was so much fun.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way...

Picked up Portal 2 for $40.
    Fastest price drop I ever seen.

Great game..