Page 57 of 94 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,710 of 2804

Thread: What game are you playing now?

I have never seen a shop dedicated to board games. Shops like Toys R Us that stock board games, but not always of the style GGT is talking about if I understand her right.

There is one shop like that in Amsterdam. Lots of D&D stuff too.

I bought Eden the other day, I wonder how it got 5 stars. The tutor is a epilepsy inducing screen where you shoot 'something' by moving your hands around. I don't know what the hell I am doing but I'm getting a lot of 'perfect scores'.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    I have never seen a shop dedicated to board games. Shops like Toys R Us that stock board games, but not always of the style GGT is talking about if I understand her right.
    You probably just haven't noticed, they tend to be not that big (but still have almost ANY game). It's a specialty store, but I don't know any decent size city without at least one. I mostly know this one because my housemates used to be into board games.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

I think I am starting to like Scrabble by the way. Especially now that I am paying more attention to tactical placement
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    My kids have been playing Sky Rim, or something about Elder Scrolls?
    one word

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Haven't seen one around here, but I've seen them in Georgia and farther North. Warhammer is big in those type of stores.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Yeh same in the UK.

Games Workshop stores are big on Warhammer, and they stock a load of board games.

I wouldn't know any chains, but they're here, like independent (mostly vinyl) record stores, comic book stores, and other niche markets. Bright side is that the store clerk usually knows his business and can actually help you (which is also why I buy my whiskey at an independent liquor store run by a whiskey lover instead of the big chain with cashiers who couldn't recommend you a wine..).

As far as I knew Games Workshop only stocked their own products.

Warhammer is GW hence why they're big (practically exclusive) on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Most cities here have shops dedicated to board games, and otherwise you can always order it online, and wrap it nicely yourself
    Yeah. Most towns I've been in have at least one game & hobby shop where you can expect to find that sort of thing
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Yeah. Most towns I've been in have at least one game & hobby shop where you can expect to find that sort of thing
    Perhaps its because its a college town, but I have two within waking distance of my room.

GGT: many of the curio stores that are in nearly every mall in the country have a collection of chess and backgammon sets. Unfortunately, most are rather cheesy and overpriced. But if you look hard and talk to clerks you can usually find a decent set at a more 'reasonable' price. Also, try thrift stores, sometimes people donate these things and they are sometimes really nice and always affordable.
    The worst job in the world is better than being broke and homeless

Quote Originally Posted by agamemnus View Post
    You're exaggerating. . . I hope. Fallout:NV, though, seems really stale compared to Fallout 3. Too much desert. The desert part of Fallout 3 was really boring.
    If anything, I'm understating it. FO3 may have had more varied scenery, but it was the exact same fucking thing in every location. Kill shit, loot dead shit for random loot. Yippie. FONV actually had things to do and NPCs to interact with, and things called "quests," even if the scenery was mostly desert. (Protip, Vegas is in the desert.)
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

I dunno but I have little inclination to finish the New Vegas main quest, while the Fallout 3 main storyline seemed much more entertaining. There was a lot more abandoned city in Fallout 3.. (maybe I just haven't really gotten to it in New Vegas?)

Maybe it's just 'cause it's the first time I've experienced a Fallout game with Fallout 3, and New Vegas was same-old same-old... It could also be that I'm just comparing it to Skyrim subconsciously. :P

Could be it. Before FO3, the series was an actual RPG, then Bethseda put it on their shit-tastic Oblivion engineand took out the RPG part for FO3. NV tried to put the RPG part back in, but was still stuck with the Oblivion engine, so... well, it's tolerable as an RPG, but the engine just isn't really suitable for a lot of RPG stuff, like having a party or conrtolling companions and such, so it plays weird.... kinda RPG, kinda FP-action on shitty engine with clipping issues, stealth issues, dumb-as-dog-shit AI and no pacifist-style options.

And, in case I haven't mentioned it, Bethseda's engine is massive, steaming pile of pungent shit in the first place. If they weren't such soulless money-sluts, FONV could have been a real. RPG on a decent engine and been an incredible RPG, but no... gawddam Bethseda cunts.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

Target is doing BOGO on the Sims 3 series. Any of them worth it? I was thinking Sims 3 + Medieval Sims, cause I've come not to trust EA expansion packs to be worth much.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

I have pretty much all the Sims 3 games (actually all but Pets which is in the post to give to Amanda for Christmas).

My favourite is definitely Medieval, and Medieval:Pirates and Nobles - which are very, very different for The Sims. Far more structured gameplay.

Alright, they are both going for $30 right now, coming out to $15 a pop if I get them during this BOGO sale. Have to keep that in mind this week, depending on how much I spend on Steam's current sale/contest.

Target had plenty to pick from in the clearance rack anyway.
    Click to view the full version
    yes, the twilight game is a gag gift for one of Brandy's friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ---------
    So... I finished the main story in this game. Total playtime is just over 2 hours. You get to drive 4 cars during the game, out of a choice of 12 or so, and you unlock everything else via grinding, challenges and multiplayer. In a racing game The GO GO GO feeling died as soon as I left the first stage. The game was obviously designed for consoles, not because of bad controls, but because the segments are so short. You're only racing for about 5 minutes at a time, and most of the time the most opponents you see are 7. Once you pass that 8th racer thats it until you finish that segment and the game takes you out of the racing to give you a map update and load the next area. Sometimes you are only racing againist 3 others, sometimes its just one other, and far to often you are "making up time" and not racing anyone but the clock. Sure its got multiplayer, but on the PC, thats what Need for Speed The World is for.

The game feels like EA's attempt to cash in on the console holiday rush, by having parents pick up the latest Need for Speed title because they know the brand. Luckily, I only paid $20 via Origin, so I feel only slightly ripped off.

Pente

Has anyone here heard of this game?

I played Pente when I was a teen and I have recently rediscovered it and I'm enjoying playing against my kids on a board I made myself - I had actually forgotten this game existed until I was sitting in front of a chess board at a friends place and for some reason "Pente" just popped into my head. After explaining the game to my friend we improvised with some chips from a set of Texas Holdem and after some false starts with certain rules we were both hooked in no time.

While it is a simple enough game (like a large scale tic tac toe but with the ability to take pieces from your opponent) it is surprisingly strategic and really can result in some enthralling games when both players are experienced and paying attention.

I'm not usually much of a board game player but I recommend giving this a try, you can make a board on almost anything - I used to play on a very nice leather board that rolled up into a cylinder with pieces that looked like precious stones (but were really cheap shit from the hobby shop). You can just use a piece of cardboard or an old bedsheet (easier to store) and a marker pen to draw the lines and then find two different coloured sets of pieces.
    Last edited by termite; 12-05-2011 at 08:04 PM.
    Such is Life...

^ Is it like Othello?

Looks similar.

Not heard of it sorry. EDIT: Sorry, yes I have - that's Othello I think. EDIT2: No, its not Othello. Looks very similar.

Speaking of games from childhood, one of my favourite PC games as a young teen is being remade it seems: Syndicate. Great DOS game from 1993.

Quote Originally Posted by termite View Post
    Pente

Yeah, my brother and I used to play it. It was fun.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Hehe. Still enjoying Skyrim.

Up to lvl 37.

Game has some fun surprises.

Spoiler:
    Am currently on a Hangover-esque quest.

Got into a drinking competition in a bar with a guy. Next thing I know I'm waking up in a temple with a stinking headache and a priestess berating me for making a mess.

I clean up the empty Alto wine bottles and goblets, and she hands me note, which sends me off on a quest through various towns trying to find out WTF happened that night.

Just found out that I got engaged too.

It's funny.

Last edited by Timbuk2; 12-06-2011 at 11:13 AM.

Yup, still skyrimming ... (ew!)

Got a little fed up with my goodie two shoeed fighter, so switched to bastard wizard.

Spoiler:
    Funny to cast a flee spell on one guard and a frenzy spell on the other and watch them chase each other while you loot the place. Or a paralyse spell on some boss monster, surround it with runes, stand back and enjoy the show.

Being a wizard maybe a little too easy
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Quote Originally Posted by termite View Post
    Pente

Yes, my kids play it often.It's based on an ancient Japanese game called Go, or five in Japanese. Very strategic indeed, great mind building exercise. I prefer chess and few stiff drinks. Playing chess while inebriated is an extreme mental workout.
    The worst job in the world is better than being broke and homeless

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    I got myself Magic The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2102 (a tad late, I know!)

While I like the changes they made to the UI, the computer opponents still seem to cheat. I mean, I myself have been stuck repeatedly with streaks of getting only lands four or five times in a row whereas my opponents do not seem to suffer from the same affliction.
    Not to mention getting starting hands consisting solely of 6 or 7 lands.

The opposite also happens on a regular basis as well - no lands at all.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

New dashboard is out. Curious how they buried the games behind the social and video options, and so many freaking ads, wow.

Question, and this has been a problem since before the new update:
    How do I remove a computer name from the 360? Its not related to the media center, but under sources for say the video and music collections. My xbox lists a computer there that I haven't used in ages, and I see no options to delete it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    New dashboard is out. Curious how they buried the games behind the social and video options, and so many freaking ads, wow.

Question, and this has been a problem since before the new update:
    How do I remove a computer name from the 360? Its not related to the media center, but under sources for say the video and music collections. My xbox lists a computer there that I haven't used in ages, and I see no options to delete it.
    They outsourced the UI design?

News has been released of a Pathfinder MMO!

Goblinworks is taking an interesting strategy.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Quote Originally Posted by agamemnus View Post
    They outsourced the UI design?
    UI is now the same design as Windows 8 and Windows Phone.