Page 13 of 94 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: What game are you playing now?

Without being able to get my Dragonage:Origins game working on the PS3 again, the disk had some minor marks it seemed on close inspection so I took it to Game to get it repaired (they've got a really good disk repair service there) and the guy just looked at it funny and said it didn't look damaged to him and just gave it a wipe over. Tried it at home and it crashed within a minute again.

Googled it (which I should have done initially) and it seems to be a fairly major problem since Firmware 3.30 was released. Bioware have announced a patch to fix it which will be released this weekend

I ordered fallout 2 recently. should come this week. Dont tell me one is better or anything. Im unsure if either will even work on my pc/laptop.

I mainly got it because i enjoyed fallout 3 a lot. Especially the atmosphere of 50s naiivety. I was used to the glitches from morrowind and oblivion, so it didnt faze me too much.

Only thing that really got me was that enemies levelled to approximate your own level (or so it seemed). So really, you never actually got more badass. All you got was more cool shit to do in VATS (until reapers sprint, by which time you could pretty much cockslap supermutants anyway).

Heres hoping FO2 is a good game. sounds it, from what ive heard.
    "Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink, because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl.

Senior Member Evidently Supermarioman's Avatar
    I did eventully get MechWarrior 4 to work, which is nice because it's really great.
    I've almost finished the campagin, then I'll see if I can get the online working.
    I enjoy blank walls.

I did try the first fallout, and its rather confusing with quite a bit of a learning curve. I may be wrong, but I think fallout 2 will be similar

Quote Originally Posted by Spawnie View Post
    I ordered fallout 2 recently. should come this week. Dont tell me one is better or anything. Im unsure if either will even work on my pc/laptop.

I mainly got it because i enjoyed fallout 3 a lot. Especially the atmosphere of 50s naiivety. I was used to the glitches from morrowind and oblivion, so it didnt faze me too much.

Only thing that really got me was that enemies levelled to approximate your own level (or so it seemed). So really, you never actually got more badass. All you got was more cool shit to do in VATS (until reapers sprint, by which time you could pretty much cockslap supermutants anyway).

Heres hoping FO2 is a good game. sounds it, from what ive heard.
    FO2 is actually a good game, but has very little in common with FO3.
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

My friend got me kinda hooked on this game http://games.adultswim.com/robot-uni...line-game.html it's actually fun

Just blew the dust of Armored Core: Nexus. I hadn't played it for about 4 or 5 years till the last couple weeks. Remembering where all the hidden goodies are has become half the fun.
    The worst job in the world is better than being broke and homeless

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    FO2 is actually a good game, but has very little in common with FO3.
    So im beginning to see. It was only £3 from play.com though, with free delivery. I paid more than that for a really, really shitty bagel at work today.
    "Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink, because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl.

The definitive FO2 walkthrough, should you be interested in that sort of thing, or want to make sure you didn't create a shit-stain of a character, or whatever.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

I recently dusted off the first Kotor. I had forgotten how simply amazing it was. I'll try to reinstall and beat Kotor2 this weekend

I'm playing Tropico 3, The Longest Journey and soon after, Dreamfall. These are repeats but I am bored.

I really want a Simcity 5, but one designed to work better and with more "culture" aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenCain View Post
    The definitive FO2 walkthrough, should you be interested in that sort of thing, or want to make sure you didn't create a shit-stain of a character, or whatever.
    This is pretty useful. The only manual i got was in a .pdf which, needless to say, i havent bothered opening yet so having a hint or two what to actually do is proving quite useful. Also quite a few perks are different on here than in FO3.

Per's guide is very, incredibly spoily though, I wouldn't read it before your first play-through or three

Also there are some fan patches that restore content that was nixed because Interplay had to get the game out for the Christmas sales, but I wouldn't recommend those for your first go either
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Gone back to Empire:TW

Started playing the longest campaign length (occupy 40 regions) as Sweden, on Normal campaign difficulty and Hard Combat difficulty.

Tried Hard campaign difficulty but I hate having so little cash to work with.

One thing I dislike about this game is that there are so few different units. All other TW games have a broad spread of different units from nation to nation. E:TW is extremely limited on this.

I suppose there was some homogeneity in troop types across Europe by the 1700s, but not that much surely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Indeed. E:TW is the TW title with the least replayability. In R:TW it made a world of difference to play with the Seleucids or the Scipii. In M:TW after a campaign with England, a campaign with Egypt would be totally different.

And the special units are worse than useless.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

There are many things to dislike about E:TW.

Quote Originally Posted by rumrunner View Post
    Just blew the dust of Armored Core: Nexus.
    Shame what they did to the series starting with 4, innit?

If you guys haven't played Portal yet, you no longer have any excuse. Steam made it free for PC and Mac.

Go play. Now.

And to think, I almost paid (how much was it, again, Wraithy?) to get it on the xbox.

See, my putting things off for long periods of time often pays off in the end.

It's very slow to download from them, though. Even worse than EA, I think (I'll decide for sure when it is done).

I've been alternating between replaying Tomb Raider Anniversary (which I couldn't finish, I got quite stuck in a boss fight near the end, and since those are the parts that bore me the most, anyway, I quit retrying it) and Sims 3.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    If you guys haven't played Portal yet, you no longer have any excuse. Steam made it free for PC and Mac.

Go play. Now.
    Except for, you know, those of us who just have no interest in that sort of game.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    It's very slow to download from them, though. Even worse than EA, I think (I'll decide for sure when it is done).
    Wonder if its cause of the Mac launch and everyone flooding them for one of the best games in recent years. My Steam client can usually match my utorrent download rates when I go for good weekend deals, or when patches come out.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Except for, you know, those of us who just have no interest in that sort of game.
    Can't believe I'm quoting Lewk...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    I prefer to pretend those people don't exist. Kinda gross.

Not to mention those of us gamers who do like that kind of game, but have no interest in installing Valve's best selling trojan/virus (Steam) on our machines.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

Wonder if its cause of the Mac launch and everyone flooding them for one of the best games in recent years. My Steam client can usually match my utorrent download rates when I go for good weekend deals, or when patches come out.
    247.3 KB/s currently, and it keeps dropping to even slower.

Doesn't matter much, really.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Go play. Now.
    Except I have no interest in Portal, nor do I have Steam, nor do I have any interest in Steam.

Plus I have plenty of real games I actually want to play.

Senior Member Evidently Supermarioman's Avatar
    Thanks for the heads up Ominous, Now I'm thinking with Portals. :P

Wish I had money to buy Burnout Paradise though.
    I enjoy blank walls.

Puzzle games with witty dark humor?

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Huh. What would those be, and what would make them more of a "real game" than Portal?
    . . .

Hexes!

Quote Originally Posted by Spawnie View Post
    quite a few perks are different on here than in FO3.
    I don't know if it's immediately obvious, but damage model is more complex in the older versions. This summary does not have spoilers.
    There's a man goin' 'round, takin' names
    And he decides who to free and who to blame

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Is it necessary to be so dismissive?
    There's a man goin' 'round, takin' names
    And he decides who to free and who to blame

Quote Originally Posted by Unheard Of View Post
    Is it necessary to be so dismissive?
    Considering how OG presented it? Yes.

On the game-playing front, the slow release of info about the latest World of Warcraft expansion and the upcoming release of Starcraft II has me thinking about reinstalling Warcraft 2. I don't think I've looked at that since I had my tonsils taken out, when I was a kid.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"