Page 44 of 94 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 2804

Thread: What game are you playing now?

I still play original Alice game on Windows 7, and it has actually aged very well. From what I've read and seen on youtube, they changed very little in remastering the game. Maybe some tweaked character models, proper support for HD resolutions. But they also broke or removed a good bit, like disabling the console and no longer being able to summon the cat like you could in the original.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 06-23-2011 at 03:54 PM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Anyone who had a Neverwinter Nights and/or Bioware account may want to check their email. I got an email from EA/Bioware informing me of yet another data breach and that my login information was reset.
    We recently learned that hackers gained unauthorized access to the decade-old BioWare server system supporting the Neverwinter Nights forums. We immediately took appropriate steps to protect our consumers’ data and launched a thorough ongoing evaluation of the breach. We have determined that no credit card data was compromised from the servers, nor did we ever have or store sensitive data like social security numbers. Our investigation shows that information such as user names, encrypted passwords, email addresses, mailing addresses, names, phone numbers, CD keys and birth dates from these forum accounts on the system may have been compromised, as well as other information (if any) that you may have associated with your EA Account. In an abundance of caution, we have changed your password to ensure account security. Please visit this [link] to reset your password immediately.

If your link has expired, click here to generate a new email.

We take the security of your information very seriously and regret any inconvenience this may have caused you. If your username, email address and/or password on your EA account are similar to those you use on other sites, we recommend changing the password at those sites as well. We advise all of our fans to always be aware of any suspicious emails or account activity and report any suspicious emails and account activity to Customer Support at 1-877-357-6007.

If you have questions, please visit our FAQ at http://support.ea.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5367/ or contact Customer Support at the phone number above.

Aaryn Flynn
    Studio GM, BioWare Edmonton
    VP, Electronic Arts
    I never played Neverwinter Nights, and as far as I can remember never registered on their decade old forums using an email address I've only had since joining the Atari community. So they are either being overly cautious (I did have a NWN2 beta account), or the hack went deeper than this email is letting on.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Worth getting? I'm kinda curious to see what ...was it 14 years? of development produces.
    After adjusting my expectations, I'm warming up to the game. I've played up past the titty bar, which seems to be as far as most reviewers are going/printing.

The game is far from a technological marvel that its development cycle made it out to be. Its very rough around the edges. The soundtrack is abrasive, music thats supposed to set the mood ends up front and center at all the wrong times, and with little warning. Hell, its so bad that it gives away the story before it happens. There are a bunch of minor things as well, physics are poor, which sucks because a lot of side games of skill would have kicked ass with good physics. Some of the in game events don't follow the character. I can kill people, or break things, and they will continue to moan or make noise as if nothing happened.

That being said...

The game is fun when it allows itself to be. The 2 weapon limit ties your hands, but when ammo isn't a problem its a blast to play. Duke is full of remarks which give it a nice touch, and the game is very over the top. Duke isn't a game about being the best, its there to make fun of everyone else. So far I've seen Duke take shots at Halo, Dead Space, World of Warcraft, Portal/Mario, and Inception. Its like a raunchy commentary on gamer pop culture.
    I don't consider it worth 50-60 dollars, but its a nice introduction to Duke after all. Stop cutting corners and Duke could be a nice series to pick up every couple of years for a few laughs, but its just as likely to get milked and turned in the "Scary Movie" franchise of video games.

In other words, I'll wait until it hits the bargain bin.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Blizzard may finally be admitting the pressure newer games like Guild Wars 2 will be putting on WoW. They just announced that World of Warcraft is now free to play up to level 20. Still not interested in that type of player atmosphere, but eh, to each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Blizzard may finally be admitting the pressure newer games like Guild Wars 2 will be putting on WoW. They just announced that World of Warcraft is now free to play up to level 20. Still not interested in that type of player atmosphere, but eh, to each his own.
    Eh, it's still a trial account, with the usual trial account restrictions, just no longer limited to a set period. You might be trying to claim that means the game now fits a "freemium" model but. . . it really doesn't. Permanently bundling the first expansion in with the original is a bigger change, but with two other expansions out, and more and more people feeling the pinch of the character limit on particular servers *and hence thinking about picking up another account rather than trying to spread play across two different servers and groups of people* and joining the potential new players as a source of income that might be intimidated out of the purchase by the high initial cost, it was really only a matter of time with or without competition. Whether from competition or simply the age of their product *and hence the culture of the in-game community which is increasingly poisonous and punkish* they are feeling a squeeze though. New subscriptions have finally stopped outpacing lapsed ones and the total actively-paying customer base has started to drop.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Steam's Summer Sale and contests started yesterday. I managed to complete 6 of the 7 tasks for day 1, so they don't appear to be to hard.
    A lot of the indie games they promoting seem to be Apple App quality, they aren't bad, but they aren't the complete experience; then again they only cost a buck or 2, so you shouldn't expect to much.

If anyone else is participating, speakup, makes it a hell of a lot easier to do the multiplayer achievements.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 07-01-2011 at 01:34 PM.

X3 is part of the promotion. That's a great Privateer-like game for anyone who doesn't have it, and doesn't mind slower paced things.

X3

Big fan of the X games. Vast, completely open, and slow-paced, just the sort of game I like.

X3 Reunion is fab. I had a fair empire up and running when I last played. Think I may return.

I return every once in a while. Between Reunion and Terran Conflict, I think I've logged 400-500 hours. I'm looking forward to the new Rebirth game, due out later this year. I just hope I can still find time for it.

X3 is part of the promotion. That's a great Privateer-like game for anyone who doesn't have it, and doesn't mind slower paced things.
    You can now buy the five X games for $4.99, for the next 23.5 hours.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 07-09-2011 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    You can now buy the five X games for $4.99, for the next 23.5 hours.
    LOL, in the UK its £9.99 so make that 3-4 times the price here

Thats my bad, X3 is $5, the superpack is $10.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 07-09-2011 at 11:54 PM.

The last day for the Steam contest and sales starts in a few minutes. I think I'm caught up on the contests for the previous days, and I'm burned out, I hope today's offerings will be easy.

Talking about X3, the guy who did the background on the X universe, including the alien names, is on Reddit. I'm a sucker for a good story, and this is like a story for a story
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 07-11-2011 at 12:44 PM.

Working my way through the THQ bundle I bought - nothing has really stood out yet and I've found myself playing Titan Quest which is yet another Diablo clone.....
    Such is Life...

The things you can get with the tickets really suck, though.

I mean, I have 5, so it's not like it matters much, anyway.

Universe Sandbox is kind of entertaining.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Got Terraria for $2.49 from Steam yesterday. It's surprisingly addictive, definitely worth the money. Just want to dig a little deeper...

I purchased a couple of the Steam specials and one thing that has struck me is just how fucking big games are now! Even the turn based games are several gigs and some of the FPS are well over 10 gigs.

Sadly I remember when CD's were just too damn big to put only 1 game on.

To be honest, I remember when Space Invaders was brand new....and in black and white...and only available in an arcade...

Such is Life...

I wanted to buy Civ5 on steam last week when it was on a daily deal. But then that stupid website made it impossible for me to pay, kept giving errors and telling me to contact support. Of course, support only replied and fixed it after the deal had expired
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

It was cheaper on Green Man Gaming, and an Amazon lightning deal, a few days before that anyway
    Wait till the Holiday sales, it will come up again, with a whole new batch of fresh new players.

Quote Originally Posted by termite View Post
    I purchased a couple of the Steam specials and one thing that has struck me is just how fucking big games are now! Even the turn based games are several gigs and some of the FPS are well over 10 gigs.
    I am absolutely fucked if my ISP starts capping me...
    Click to view the full version
    The red is my Steam folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    I wanted to buy Civ5 on steam last week when it was on a daily deal. But then that stupid website made it impossible for me to pay, kept giving errors and telling me to contact support. Of course, support only replied and fixed it after the deal had expired
    You should write them back and ask for the sale price, since it was their fault you couldn't pay at the time. Include your original support ticket. It'd be an interesting test of their customer service, if nothing else.

They won't do it, they don't budge on sale prices outside of sale windows. They also don't do price matching. One of the running jokes against Steam is the "I just bought that yesterday!" line.

Click to view the full version

That's lame.

Too bad for them too; problems like this and the way the company deals with them are how my corporate loyalties are bought.

You should write them back and ask for the sale price, since it was their fault you couldn't pay at the time. Include your original support ticket. It'd be an interesting test of their customer service, if nothing else.
    What OG said is correct, I already tried it right away. Got word for word the same reply as posted here.

Yeah, it does affect corporate loyalty. Their loss too, since now I did not buy the game at all in the end.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    That's lame.

Too bad for them too; problems like this and the way the company deals with them are how my corporate loyalties are bought.
    Ah, they're also using the almighty "But you IP address varied!" scheme? Idiots.

I once was accused of being a fraudster due to this idiotic method. When I told them that calling someone a fraudster without sufficient evidence makes them open to a libel suit, they suddenly became very friendly.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Now sounds like a good time for me to purchase The Witcher 2 from GOG. Show my support of CD Projekt and their stance against DRM.

They are now being sued by Namco Bandi because CD Projekt isn't using them to publish the 360 version of the game, and because Namco Bandai objects to the DRM being removed from the game.
    To top it off, Namco has stopped sending payments to CD Projekt for PC sales.
    It looks like games publisher Namco Bandai (Soul Calibur IV, Tekken 6) is suing developer CD Projekt RED over the latter's choice of publisher for the Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2. Namco Bandai published the PC version of the critically acclaimed dark fantasy roleplaying game earlier this year, but CD Projekt RED awarded THQ (Saints Row: The Third, Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine) the rights to publish the Xbox 360 version of the game.

Namco Bandai claims it reserves those rights—that's the first and central legal dispute. The second involves who controls how the digital rights management (DRM) mechanics work. In the process of porting the game to consoles, they'll have to be removed. Namco Bandai takes issue with the removal.
    CD Projekt RED denies it's doing anything wrong. In fact, according to Gamepur, they've actually been hopingNamco Bandai would pull the legal trigger.

"As with most cases, we first tried to end the dispute peacefully," said a CD Projekt RED spokesperson. "Attempts failed and because of this, we hoped that our partner would send the case to the court. The agreement that we signed last year, concerned only the distribution of The Witcher 2 for the PC."

Kicinski says CD Projekt RED was cautious going in, and clarified all of this legally from the start "to avoid any ambiguity."

Apparently Namco Bandai had "options" in determining distribution priority of the Xbox 360 version, but didn't take advantage of them. As such, CD Projekt RED says it chose to shift the Xbox 360 publishing rights to THQ.

In the meantime, it sounds like Namco Bandai has ceased sending payments from sales of the PC version of The Witcher to CD Projekt RED. But that doesn't worry the developer.

"Our financial situation is very good at the moment and the lack of a few million does not have any impact on current activities," says CD Projekt RED's spokesperson, who hopes the whole thing can be settled before litigation.

If not, he says, "I am sure that we will win the case and then the loser will pay for our lawyers."
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/23531..._xbox_360.html

If not, he says, "I am sure that we will win the case and then the loser will pay for our lawyers."
    What country is this case in then? I thought the US didn't have loser-pays so is it in the UK or elsewhere?

CD Projekt is based out of Poland, as is their parent company. Atari is still set to publish the US release of the console version, THQ only seems to be handling the EU release.
    So I'm assuming this is a EU court thing. Even if it wasn't, the US has avenues where the losing party pays courts fees, its just a bitch process.

Finished Duke on Easy. Steam says 15 hours, and I play slow. I got this odd feeling we should be expecting DLC missions or an expansion because the the game opens with a cinematic, and lots of what it plays through is in the game, but there are some parts that don't resemble the current game at all. The ending sucks, total let down.

Spoiler:

The final boss is the same boss you fight in the beginning of the game. Such a cheap way to end a game. You get a nuke dropped on you, or within a very close range, it blows your escape out of the sky, the games shows Duke as KIA, but after the credits it shows Duke at a press conference to talk about hwo he beat the aliens again.
    I went half that damn game waiting for duke to die so I could go back to that strip club dream. Never fucking happened