Page 84 of 94 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,520 of 2804

Thread: What game are you playing now?

Is the fighting real-time or turn-based?
    Hope is the denial of reality

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Turn-based. Tile-based movement, too, so it's more like M&M1-5 than M&M6-9.

If you're buying early access you also get M&M6 on Steam as well.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

FF IV... came out for the smart phone. Nostalgia is deceptive - not really getting into this. Battles are kind of repetitive and its a chore to get through some of the zones. When you use the word chore to describe aspects of a game it is not a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Hmmm ... and there's me thinking it was a quick-to-jump-into-easy-to-play shoot-em-up dogfight-in-the skies MMO. Type thing.

Rather than a bona fide WWII aircraft serious flight sim. MMO.

Will wait for more feedback. It does look promising - the videos look great.
    Everything got much easier once I stopped trying to use the joystick. I think the joystick makes it easier to move the plane around, and is a pretty cool experience in itself, but it's hard to actually aim at things.

I played it with friends a bunch today. The metagame is pretty complicated, and it looks like the game can get a bit grindy, but so far the grind is fun. It's a good price (free) for the game, and worth trying out for a dogfighter. It's probably more fun if you're looking for the easy-to-play shoot-em-up dogfight-in-the-skies MMO than if you're looking for a bona fide WWII aircraft serious flight sim MMO. The latter thing puts you at too much of a disadvantage against the group of people in the first thing.

Go with simplistic mouse aim controls.

If anyone actually tries out War Thunder, signing up with this link gets me free shit, if you're cool with that:

http://warthunder.com/en/registratio...invite_2935542

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    If anyone actually tries out War Thunder, signing up with this link gets me free shit, if you're cool with that:

http://warthunder.com/en/registratio...invite_2935542
    Done. Downloading.

Didn't realise it was beta test?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

It's one of the prolonged open betas that's common for continuous development games. It's not really a beta, but they call it that so nobody reviews it until it's ready. It's pretty stable, not like a traditional beta.

Daaamn this is good fun.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

Oh gods, I picked up Xcom the other day based upon the positive reviews some of you guys gave...and now I'm hooked. Thanks a lot...
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Played Mecharium (free for PS+) while on my labor day cruise. Purposely saved this puzzle game for the cruise so I wouldn't be tempted to google for solutions. The puzzles are weak, but the atmosphere is amazing. Its frustrating because you spend more time trying to figure out what new mechanic the game has thrown at you without explanation. Those took much, much, longer to figure out than the actual puzzles did.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

2500th reply!

After playing a lot of EUIV I've decided to go back to CKII and start again this time on a self-enforced "Ironman" mode. Never thought I saved and reloaded that often but I must admit simply not have the option to in EUIV changes the dynamics. So I will play a game of CKII with the intention of never reloading, no matter what goes wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Amanda got me GTA V today. I think I have the best wife ever

Its currently installing. Not very often had PS3 games Install - this has an 8GB installation. Looking forward to playing it.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Godus. Out on early-access beta.

Spent all of sunday playing it, and it's wonderful. At last, long long last, Peter Molyneux has brought out an updated Populous, the genre-defining classic from 1989. And it's good. Land-flatteningly, mana-gatheringly good.

The beta has approximately 40% of the game content.

Been holding off because, you know, Molyneux, but if it gets your recommendation I might try it out. Eventually.

To be fair the only Molyneux I played was Populous. Endlessly. Oh, and Dungeon Keeper. Black & White seemed too weird, didn't try it.

I am liking Godus, yep. It's slow-paced, but that's how I think it should be - it works. Discoveries come slowly, primarily through digging up game cards, and eventually by playing matches against AI opponents (will have option of real opponents on release).

I'd noticed that game and wasn't sure how true to Populous it would be. I loved Populous, Populous II was one of my all-time favourite DOS games.

Got an email from Blizzard to say that the Diablo III Auction House will be closing. I've never used it personally, if I want to loot then I kill monsters not spend cash to do so. I've used the WoW/Guild Wars II Auction House's minimally just to get crafting materials.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    To be fair the only Molyneux I played was Populous. Endlessly. Oh, and Dungeon Keeper. Black & White seemed too weird, didn't try it.
    It's not that he makes bad games, it's more that his games from the past decade and change have been nowhere near what he's promised. It's just not safe to jump into a game based on his claims of what it will be - you need a third party to tell you what it actually is.

I heard something about the game requiring billions of clicks. Accurate?

Accurate.

Click to collect mana. From each dwelling.

Moreso in the earlier stages. In the later stages you build settlements, with only 1 mana-collection-point for all dwellings in the vicinity, which made things quite a bit better. Even later than that, I'd accumulated so much mana that I stopped collecting it.

But RSI was starting to develop in those earlier stages, certainly. This aspect could be much better designed ...

Even Populous didn't require clicks to collect mana. It just accumulated.
    Last edited by Timbuk2; 10-01-2013 at 04:49 PM.

Click to collect is the sort of nonsense you get in Freemium farming games. Not impressed.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ancrossE&hl=en

It has some pay to play elements, but they don't really detract from enjoyment of the game. It's not the best game, but it has some addictive qualities, it's free, and it's something to do on bus trips.

I played that a while in iPhone. Is somewhat fun.

It's been out on an iPhone for a while, so it's hard to compete. Only been out 2 months on android.

I got it when it had only been out a few weeks on iPhone and it became hard to compete then too, between pay2win and teenagers with no life ... But still a fun diversion for a few weeks.

Not playing as its a trailer but I want this one

Since GFWL is closing in a few months I figured I should try to get through the games I have tied to that service. Started with Batman: Arkham Asylum. Worthwhile game, very smooth and fluid animations for a 360 port. Tad bit oversexualized, but it works out quite well for Harley. Better triple monitor support than a lot of newer games, but still not perfect. All the cutscenes ended up zoomed in way close, so it seemed that everytime Ivy or Harley were on scene all I could see were their tits. Was half expecting a "hey, my eyes are up here" line.

One play through got me up to 74% competition and 30 out of 47 achievements, so it looks like I've got a bit of work left to do.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

On tabletop been playing Horus Hersey, set in the 40k world but does not use 40k rules. Played 4 times this month and am REALLY impressed by the game.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Picked up The Bureau: XCOM Declassified for 8€.

For a squad based shooter, they managed to get the "command your squad" idiotically wrong. As if stuff like Rainbow Six (be that Raven Shield or Las Vegas) never existed.

Because your squadmates are dunderheads. They pop out of cover to shoot - exactly when the enemy is still shooting. They run like headless chicken as soon as a grenade even glances their way. And when they run like headless chicken, they have to choose the most exposed route they can find.

Seriously, you want your squad mate to get to that other position across the yard so he can flank the enemy? Don't even think about giving that order. You'll have to move him to the corner first - because he'll simply forgo all that cover which taking the longer route might get him and simply run straight across the yard.

They managed to fuck up the most important part of a squad-based tactical shooter.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Playing Path of Exile again. It's gone live now, and they're still putting out content at an impressive rate. They're also on steam now, and I still think they're one of the most non-evil Free To Play games I've ever seen.

Also playing Battlefield 4.

The inability to move with the keyboard is highly annoying in that game.

Battlefield 4 supports keyboard movement perfectly well.