Page 93 of 94 FirstFirst ... 438391929394 LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,790 of 2804

Thread: What game are you playing now?

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Yes, it's the armor in the vault. You only get to wear it very late in the endgame, though. While it can't be modified, it soaks up a huge amount of damage and warns you if the shield is nearing exhaustion. Thus, if you time it right you can stand directly in the rocket volley of a Deathbringer and come out completely unharmed on the other end. It's so effective that the last fight only saw me using about 5% of my health pouch, none of the potions and resistance elixiers.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

I remember Endless Space being mentioned here. It and its expansion are $1 on steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/241430/
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Bought it for £1 thank you. Its something I've long been tempted by but not wanted to spend a lot on. That's perfect!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Playing Shardbound. This is a online CCG free on Steam. It is freemium like Hearthstone only played on a tactical map. Better than other versions, very clean interface and decent mechanics so far.

Thanks to Tmobile and Microsoft I have free game pass time till about Christmas.

First game I'm playing through is Mad Max. I just finished the storyline which puts me at ~75% competition. I didn't realize it was written as a sort of loose prequel and as such I was not prepared for that ending
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

My Xbox Live acct keeps offering free games, which I gobble up... and come to the realization...when am I going to play them?

Anyhoo dabbled with Beyond Good And Evil...cute game so far if dated.

Playing a Sherlock Holmes game...a bit simple, but enjoyable.

XCOM 2 is KICKING my ass.

And we keep swinging back to Destiny.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Xbox has 2 main services that offer up "free" games. Games with Gold for Live members, and a new service called Game Pass. Its like a netflix type service for games. I think about a 3rd of the games in Game Pass have been in the Games with Gold program in the past couple of years.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/42...os_Your_Daddy/

The game is beyond broken, but its in the current humble bundle for $3.05.
    I've never seen my girls get so into a game together, especially one where the goal is to kill yourself. They absolutely love it.

Thanks to Tmobile and Microsoft I have free game pass time till about Christmas.

First game I'm playing through is Mad Max. I just finished the storyline which puts me at ~75% competition. I didn't realize it was written as a sort of loose prequel and as such I was not prepared for that ending

I really liked Mad Max, underrated game IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominoues Gamer View Post
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/42...os_Your_Daddy/

The game is beyond broken, but its in the current humble bundle for $3.05.
    I've never seen better accountants than accountants in Tunbridge Wells to get so into a game together, one where the goal is to kill yourself. They absolutely love it.
    I just started playing PREY, the new one and it's so bloody difficult.
    Last edited by Valcourt; 08-14-2021 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowheart View Post
    I really liked Mad Max, underrated game IMO.
    Just finished the achievements. It gets a bit repetitive but playing for a bit here and there makes each session feel a little fresher. One of the few games that the achievements felt worthwhile, the last few that I got were all less than 1% of players.

I started playing GTA 5 on the xbox with the kids. Not the actual game, but taking turns jacking taxis and seeing who can make the most runs for the most money before the cab is undrivable. We also played how many people can you stab on the street before the cops kill you. I was up over 50. Tried to steal a jet fighter from the airforce base for a while. My son pulled it off, but I never could. The map in that game is amazing - and it's comically violent.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Playing through the Assassin's Festival in FFXV.

Its a cute tie-in and they have plans to disable it at the end of the month so I didn't want to lose it.

From Haemimont Games (Tropico 3-5) and the Paradox stable.

Martian survival city-builder.

Played around 20 hours, enough to learn the fundamentals of the game and get to the point of having an established colony.

At this point, it's not worth the ~£35 (and with 10% discount still on offer).

The opening stages are quite good, despite the lack of guiding help or tutorial, necessitating the need to read up on forums and follow YouTube guides for help.
    The principle of taking some time setting up a base where humans can survive is good - establishing a water supply, oxygen and power, before deciding that your base is stable enough for the first colonists to arrive. I thought this had the makings of good game.

But ... after building a couple of small domes, and researching far enough to build mega-domes, I just couldn't be bothered. There was no reason to carry on, no incentive, nothing to work toward. My colonists were happy enough in their two small domes. *shrug*.

Disappointed.

May be with revisiting if they revamp the game somewhat, but for now I'd save your money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Addictive little game, still in EA but stable and bug-free.

Toughest game I've ever played too. On easier settings, I've restarted around 15 times now, and still can't get past a single level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Took the kids and I a few years, but we got our first Platinum.

Click to view the full version

What's platinum? Considering you've got a lot of 100% there.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Platinum is generally the trophy, or achievement, that you get when you have earned all the other trophies. The world record is somewhere around 1700 platinum trophies compared to the world record of 2,000,000+ achievement points on the xbox platform.

All the 100%s below the first one show that we completed those expansions as well.

Dimensions was officially canned way back in Oct '17.

This isn't my picture, but I did collect the entire set like this in order to finish the game. Its a Toys to Life game using RFID LEGO sets.

Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 11-26-2018 at 04:15 PM.

Beats my 4,000 archievement points.

I just got my 3dfx Voodoo II card in the mail; so I'm insane in another way.

Crackdown 3.

I don't get the hate this game is getting. I'm having a blast. Its an easy game to pick up and play in small bits without having to memorize massive attack plans or maps.

It is a bit weird that Terry Crews can be heard from one end of my house yelling about blowing shit up while yelling about being blown away by a teenage ventriloquist from the other end of the house.

Finally platinumed the first 3 games in the Ratchet and Clank collection.

I've been playing jedi fallen order, which is pretty fun. Not too hard gameplay (I'm a very casual gamer), decent story so far, and I'm a sucker for star wars.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Freedom - When people learn to embrace criticism about politicians, since politicians are just employees like you and me.

Installing old games. !990 to 2005 was a glorious era.
    Freedom - When people learn to embrace criticism about politicians, since politicians are just employees like you and me.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    From Haemimont Games (Tropico 3-5) and the Paradox stable.

Martian survival city-builder.

Played around 20 hours, enough to learn the fundamentals of the game and get to the point of having an established colony.

At this point, it's not worth the ~£35 (and with 10% discount still on offer).

The opening stages are quite good, despite the lack of guiding help or tutorial, necessitating the need to read up on forums and follow YouTube guides for help.
    The principle of taking some time setting up a base where humans can survive is good - establishing a water supply, oxygen and power, before deciding that your base is stable enough for the first colonists to arrive. I thought this had the makings of good game.

But ... after building a couple of small domes, and researching far enough to build mega-domes, I just couldn't be bothered. There was no reason to carry on, no incentive, nothing to work toward. My colonists were happy enough in their two small domes. *shrug*.

Disappointed.

May be with revisiting if they revamp the game somewhat, but for now I'd save your money.
    I played this a ton earlier this year, and I think it's gotten to the point where it is a lot of fun. At least, I sunk enough hours into it to get my money's worth even with all the expansions. I may have picked them all up on sale, and waiting for another one to make the buy might be a good idea. I have no idea what the base game looks like without expansions. It does start to lose appeal once you've managed to get your colony set up to a point where you're not running from problem to problem anymore though. But it's still fun to just start up a new colony to continue with.

I'm back in Stellaris again after the Nemesis expansion. Played vanilla for a bit, but now I'm doing modded runs, primarily with NSC6. Vanilla has come a long way, and NSC6 doesn't seem too unbalanced or immersion breaking, so I'd recommend it if you're looking for modded games.

Got a few new games for my birthday today. Got on the PS4 Jumanji and the Avengers which the girls chose.

Also got Baldur's Gate 3 from my little brother, who's now not so little, which was cool especially since he said he chose this as the original Baldur's Gate was one of the first games that I played with him, it came out around the same time he was born and for years when babysitting him (there's a 16 year age gap) we played it together.

Haven't been computer-gaming much, mostly replaying some older titles, but been doing board-gaming with friends via Tabletop Simulator off Steam. We tried Dune: Imperium last night. Seems like a pretty typical Euro-style game. I didn't like it much but the others did.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

I am playing tabletop "Battletech a game of armored combat" the tabletop version of Mechwarrior.

Real VR Fishing:

Waltz of the Wizard:

A Fisherman's Tale:

Immensely enjoyable, each in its own way. The first is incredibly relaxing, the second is magical and exciting, and the last one is mysterious and moody. Thinking of checking out Skyrim VR later this month.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."