Page 59 of 94 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 2804

Thread: What game are you playing now?

2011 Club Nintendo Rewards are starting to arrive!

http://imgur.com/a/nU9iX

Hope they hold up a little better than last years.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Nintendo released the last batch of free games for early 3DS owners a day or so ago.

Steam's Holiday sale also started today, same achievement/contest design as the summer sales. Store is pretty much broken at the moment.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

I finished LIMBO today. I killed my little boy so many times. ;_;
    Your search had no results.

If anyone is taking part in the Steam Holiday achievements, say something. I've got some coupons that are useless to me that I wouldn't mind trading away. No free games yet, but I'm already at 7 coal.

Anyone played Batman Arkham City? I liked Asylum, so I'm thinking Christmas present to self here.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Haven't played it yet, but everything I've heard says it's really good. It's supposed to be a bit more open than Asylum was, and reactions are mixed as to whether that's an improvement or not. It's getting pretty universal praise as a good game, it's only whether or not it's better than Asylum that's getting debated.

Well, Mr. Punctuation's got a different take on it, and I've yet to have any major differences of opinion with him (at least on games I've played).

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...an-Arkham-City
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

ZP MO is to focus on the bad of the game (see his review on Asylum). He can absolutely blast a game and still think it's pretty good. He was really positive on Skyrim though, which surprised me.

If it's contesting Asylum as a good game, it must have something going for it.

edit: Talking about Skyrim, still loving the dungeon crawling.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

It's fantastic Ziggy, get it.

My second favorite game this year, behind Skyrim..

Read a book by ZP - Mogworld, was quite an amusing book.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Defence Grid

Hopelessly addictive tower defence game.

I've been playing Myth Defence on my android phone for months now, which is absolutely superb. I figured if a tower defence game is good on a phone, it's gotta be better on the ol' PC. And it is.
    Part of Steam's Holiday deals today. $4, includes the DLC, even the new Portal maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Anyone played Batman Arkham City? I liked Asylum, so I'm thinking Christmas present to self here.
    Also on Steam today, $25, cheaper than what I paid for it on Black Friday at WalMart

God damnit these steam deals are getting hard on my wallet.

Feed the Newell, boys, we want that episode 3 some day, don't we?
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Its rumored that a 3 something will be landing at CES this year. Or sometime after the 2nd.

Got Steam earlier this year simply because I bought a load of Total War games that all required Steam. Feeling a lot more open now to the idea of buying Steam games.

Been tempted by a load of Steam deals at the moment, amazed that some games that I bought earlier this year new for like £40 are now available for about £5. However got a policy that I won't buy games in December so I can't buy them now as I don't know what I'll get for Christmas. Do they normally have a Sale in January? Normally Sales start after Christmas.

Can't stand the controls in Skyrim (PC).
    Hope is the denial of reality

What's wrong with the controls? They're fine. The UI menus are too obviously designed for a console, though. There's a mod out that fixes that...

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Got Steam earlier this year simply because I bought a load of Total War games that all required Steam. Feeling a lot more open now to the idea of buying Steam games.

Been tempted by a load of Steam deals at the moment, amazed that some games that I bought earlier this year new for like £40 are now available for about £5. However got a policy that I won't buy games in December so I can't buy them now as I don't know what I'll get for Christmas. Do they normally have a Sale in January? Normally Sales start after Christmas.
    You get daily deals, not to much to write home about, and weekend deals, which are pretty good. I doubt we will see any sales in Jan, most of the coupons being given away during this sale are only good Jan - March.
    I suspect Valve will do another sale push before they release a new game (as they did with Portal 2), and they have a summer sale that mimics the winter sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    What's wrong with the controls? They're fine. The UI menus are too obviously designed for a console, though. There's a mod out that fixes that...
    The mouse jumps around (I tried changing the setting and I set the graphics low enough for that not to be an issue), targetting is hard, turning is annoying, and changing spells on the fly is cumbersome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    You get daily deals, not to much to write home about, and weekend deals, which are pretty good. I doubt we will see any sales in Jan, most of the coupons being given away during this sale are only good Jan - March.
    I suspect Valve will do another sale push before they release a new game (as they did with Portal 2), and they have a summer sale that mimics the winter sale.
    Why do the sale before Christmas? Seems weird.

Never played WoW, love the Warcraft series - played all of 1-3 plus expansions, but never played a pay-monthly MMO. Keep seeing this advert on TV though and its making me quite tempted to trial it.

Why do the sale before Christmas? Seems weird.
    Thats like asking why do black friday sales
    Steam has a "gifting" option, allowing you purchase games and gift them to friends when you wish, but a lot of it aims at the single male 20-30 demograph. These are presents to ourselves.

Thats like asking why do black friday sales
    Most sales I know start on Boxing Day.

I think I favor the idea of sales starting before gift giving.

Anyway, won my first game from Steam. Something called Bad Rats.

I think I favor the idea of sales starting before gift giving.

Anyway, won my first game from Steam. Something called Bad Rats.
    The idea may be better, but I don't see how it makes sense from the businesses perspective. Normally people are buying in December anyway, so Boxing Day/January Sales are to get rid of the excess stock brought in for Christmas that are no longer wanted, plus to stop sales from plummeting after Christmas.

The idea may be better, but I don't see how it makes sense from the businesses perspective. Normally people are buying in December anyway, so Boxing Day/January Sales are to get rid of the excess stock brought in for Christmas that are no longer wanted, plus to stop sales from plummeting after Christmas.
    Because of the way yearly sales are calculated. You want to sell as much as possible in December, even if it's at a much lower profit margin. Also, everyone knows that most people are going to be buying presents in December, which means everyone is trying to tempt those people to come to their stores.

Not to mention we're dealing with digital goods more and more, especially with video games and Steam. There is no excess stock.

Plummeting also is not that easy to predict. Items sold on sale have shown to increase sales, even as the price climbs, as word spreads. We should all know by now how popular gift cards have become to take advantage of that after holidays, without the need for stores to create sales.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 12-22-2011 at 02:15 PM.

The idea may be better, but I don't see how it makes sense from the businesses perspective. Normally people are buying in December anyway,
    So? You still want them to buy YOUR product or service and it doesn't really matter whether you bump up your net profits by volume rather than by higher margins. All that matters is that you get the net profits somehow.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    The mouse jumps around (I tried changing the setting and I set the graphics low enough for that not to be an issue), targetting is hard, turning is annoying, and changing spells on the fly is cumbersome.
    I haven't had those problems. You know how to assign hotkeys, right? Highlight a spell or item in the favorites menu and hit a number to assign it to that key. I didn't find out about that until I was a bit into the game, and it makes combat go a lot faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I haven't had those problems. You know how to assign hotkeys, right? Highlight a spell or item in the favorites menu and hit a number to assign it to that key. I didn't find out about that until I was a bit into the game, and it makes combat go a lot faster.
    Thanks. I'll give it another try tonight. Any advice for turning more efficiently?

Higher mouse speed?

Sorry, never actually had a problem with it.