Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Piglet gay?

Default Is Piglet gay?

Thoughts?

I heard he's been spending a lot of time alone with Tinky Winky.

What the hell brought this up?

A new Winnie the Pooh movie came out July 15. I assume Randy went to see it, and not Harry Potter.

He can't use his baby brother as an excuse, though, because my kids both informed me that was baby stuff.

I'll just have to wait until I can see it without them, I guess.

Why do you think Piglet is gay? And is it right for you to out him if he would rather stay in the closet?
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

This is the strangest thread topic.....never thought of it before. Can stuffed animals be straight or gaY? Don't they love their owners unconditionally regardless? And is innocent love categorized as gay or straight? Piglet isn't exactly what I would consider a sexual being....

I want to go see the new movie so badly, but K isn't old enough for the theatre and I'd feel odd going by myself.

POOH! I'm going to see it, even if my kids won't come along and I go alone. I just love Pooh and all the characters. So glad there's a new movie.

Funny anyone would think about sexual orientation of the animals, but Christopher Robin might be gay.

never addressed, and never relevent to the stories, so...

and yes, this has been a yahoo question, its that wack.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Piglet's voice, choice of decor, and clothing style seem to indicate that as a possibility.

What do you mean it's a yahoo question?

Piglet is adorable. He has a tiny voice to match his tiny body, with his tiny little vest. He's like a sweet little boy with a big heart, a bit worried about big, scary things....such as blustery winds that can blow him away. Roo is tiny, too, but he has his mama to keep him safe.

The "voice" of Piglet always sounded familiar, but I never tried to identify him. I think he's also been a character actor in lots of movies and TV series over the years (like Doris Day flicks or McHale's Navy, that kind of thing). Someone else would have to search that.

its something thats been asked on Yahoo Answers. Yahoo answers is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to the internet.

entire articles are written about how bad they can be
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Oh. Well that's just stupid then.

Didn't we have a thread about Piglet merchandise being "banned" from some European workplaces, because he was an anti-Muslim pork product.... or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    Why do you think Piglet is gay?

C'mon. Piglet is plainly into the bear subculture.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Eeyore is a power bottom. He just needs the right person to help him break out and express himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    Isn't Pooh likely gay?
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    C'mon. Piglet is plainly into the bear subculture.
    That was funny.

Anyway, why would any of it matter? Have we grown-ups become so self-centered, that even childrens' stories are seen as reflections or extensions of our own sexual identity?

The original Teddy Bear was a reference to Theodore (Teddy) Roosevelt. Does that mean A.A.Milne was writing childrens' literature with an underlying political bend? I don't see the same contemporary analysis of Raggedy Ann or Raggedy Andy, or that sock Monkey (whose name escapes me at the moment) or soft toys from any Disney movie.

Little children just like feel-good stories, and things to hold and hug that remind them of that. My first son used to carry a Similac stuffed teddy bear (long story) and a stuffed "beast" (from Beauty and the Beast) everywhere he went, and to sleep at night. He even wanted them with him on his trike, and would find ways to use bungie cords to strap them to the handlebars. My second son used to want chunky books in his crib, so he could "read" late at night, or a hand-me-down Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle plastic action figure. (As long as he could have his "blankie") Both of them would later want their Lego creation in bed with them, so they could fall asleep gazing at their creation, and wake up with it.

Pooh was my special thing. Not just a book with great stories (and pictures, before I could read) but something I could hold and hug. I took my Pooh everywhere, he was my constant companion. I even got the nickname Pooh that stuck well into adulthood. Yes, some of that is because I often acted as if my head was stuffed with fluff.....

My Pooh bear came with me to college, that's how important he was. He sits by my bed today, in a chair just for him, that's how important he still is. Poor thing, all his fuzz is gone, petted down to bare fabric. One long stitched seam down his chest like a post-op cardiac patient. His button eyes fell off years ago, one ear is hanging by a few threads, red stitched mouth completely gone. His black nose is still there, but he lost his red vest to some other doll and never got it back. He still has some posture and can sit up on his own, because he's older than today's soft polyester stuffing. His limbs took a beating, though, because I'd drag him around by an arm or a leg. Everywhere, for years. Just like Christopher Robin with to his Pooh Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    Eeyore is a power bottom. He just needs the right person to help him break out and express himself.

My kids say Eeyore is the debbie-downer of the group. They were perceptive enough a long time ago, to say that all of Christopher Robin's stuffed animal friends were representing his feelings as a child. Pooh was the dominant figure, not judging anyone, but the one everyone would rally around to make the boy feel safe and loved.

Now I'm going to be really dorky and post lyrics to a Pooh Bear lull-a-bye. One of my all time favorites, and one I doubt too many posters here would know, or could sing to their own children. I'm not gonna use lyrics.com or anything, just my memory. So don't anyone harp on me if it's not perfect

Little boy kneels at the foot of his bed
    droops on his tiny hands, little gold head
    Hush, hush, whisper who dares
    Christopher Robin is saying his prayers.

God bless mommy I know that's right
    wasn't it fun in the bath tonight
    with the cold so cold, and the hot so hot
    God bless daddy I quite forgot.

If I open my fingers a little bit more
    I can see nanny's dressing gown on the door
    It's a beautiful blue but it hasn't a hood
    God bless nanny and make her good.

Mine has a hood and I lie in bed
    and I pull the hood right over my head
    and I close my eyes and I curl up small
    nobody knows that I'm there at all.

Thank you God for a lovely day
    and what was the other I had to say?
    I said God bless daddy so what could it be....
    now I remember
    it's God bless me.

Little boy kneels at the foot of his bed
    droops on his tiny hands, little gold head
    Hush, hush whisper who dares
    Christopher Robin is saying his prayers.

Piglet is probably not gay. Believe it or not, straight baby pigs can be sensitive and pink too.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Bi.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

GGT, John Fiedler did the voice of Piglet, up until his death in 2005. I remember seeing him in Twelve Angry Men and all I could think of was Piglet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Fiedler
    Last edited by Catgrrl; 07-24-2011 at 06:16 PM. Reason: misspelled

Thanks Cat.

Kids and I were farting around with the "gang", and perched them on the dining room light fixture (with exposed bulbs). Looked funny and cute with them hanging over the table....until someone turned the light on and walked away. Old Tigger and a newer Pooh got their bellies melted and fried, and my Old Pooh got a black scorch down his back. Eeyore is unscathed. Smelled like hell, too.

I don't know about Piglet but this Disney character definitely is:

Last edited by aoshi; 08-02-2011 at 01:07 AM. Reason: that's a male

Quote Originally Posted by aoshi View Post
    I don't know about Piglet but this Disney character definitely is:

It's a cyclops. What's up with that?

You racist against cyclops, GGT?

Never seen nor heard of a human cyclops, have you? Not to be confused with someone who lost an eye.

That picture makes me think of Kevin McDonald (google Kids in the Hall) and all I can think of is him yelling in the Outkast Roses video: "No Speakerboxing!!!"

Also, hi aoshi!

While questionmarks continue over the sexual orientation (if there is one) for little pink Piglet it appears that another great mystery has been answered. Bert and Ernie will not get married.
    A statement from the show's makers said: "They remain puppets and do not have a sexual orientation."

So what about Oscar the Grouch, who lives in a trash can in the alley? Is it his choice to not have a lifestyle orientation because he's a puppet?

Oscar's home and homeland is actually pretty badass. The trash can is only there as a sort of portal thingy.

AUGUST 13, 2011, 8:49 AM ET

Stay Out of Bert and Ernie’s Bedroom!

By NICK BURD

When I heard there was a petition circulating to have Bert and Ernie get married, my first reaction was, “Why?”

As a gay male in a two-year relationship, my biggest nightmare would be having someone hand me the signatures of thousands of strangers ordering me to marry my partner. What if we’re not quite ready? Or what if—for the sake of argument—we never want to get married?

Pressure is what ruins the pure parts of marriage, the parts that are about two people forming a deep bond that only they can understand.

Sometimes that bond will call for wedding bells and an array of legal protections. Other times it will call for many happy unmarried decades of gin martinis with a creative twist on the idea of monogamy.

I must have been busy signing an important petition on the day Bert and Ernie came out of the closet. It feels a little homophobic to assume that any two men—or muppets!–that live together or have a close friendship are gay. I think all of us have at least one straight friend or relative whose sexuality has been questioned because of their closeness to another male, or the way they dress and talk. While it’s sometimes funny, it’s never fair.

Our society is often all too quick to push people into marriage for reasons that have nothing to do with love. An entire culture has been built around this classic heterosexual guilt trip (see the longing ladies of “Sex in the City,” or the tireless tabloid speculation on Jennifer Aniston’s presumed loneliness).

Gay marriage is such an important thing because it has the possibility to destabilize traditional notions of how two consenting adults of any sexual orientation can express their love. There’s a likely scenario in which a wide acceptance of gay marriage leads to straight men and women being better able to define their romantic relationships in whatever way they choose. If gay couples can position marriage as an option and not a necessity, maybe straight people will be able to as well. Wouldn’t that be nice? It’s a perfect example of how rights for one group can have an impact on us all.

The conservative on my shoulder also keeps whispering that this is exactly what opponents of gay marriage are talking about when they talk about the dangers of letting “the Homosexual Agenda” spread into inappropriate realms. While I consider myself a staunch advocate of helping all our youth feel safe and comfortable in their own skin, this doesn’t feel like the right place for the gay thing. Just because us homos see an opportunity, that doesn’t mean we have to take it. Some conservatives are already calling for the defunding of public broadcasting, and this isn’t going to help that.

But the real reasons Bert and Ernie shouldn’t get married? Well, Ernie is a slob and has a credit score that would make the Count scream. And according to Cookie Monster, Bert doesn’t want kids, and Ernie does.

I’ve also heard Bert has been in therapy to address his issues with intimacy, so I’m really not sure marriage is the best step for them to take right now.

So just give it a rest, okay?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...044365782.html

Gay marriage is such an important thing because it has the possibility to destabilize traditional notions of how two consenting adults of any sexual orientation can express their love. There’s a likely scenario in which a wide acceptance of gay marriage leads to straight men and women being better able to define their romantic relationships in whatever way they choose. If gay couples can position marriage as an option and not a necessity, maybe straight people will be able to as well. Wouldn’t that be nice? It’s a perfect example of how rights for one group can have an impact on us all.

The conservative on my shoulder also keeps whispering that this is exactly what opponents of gay marriage are talking about when they talk about the dangers of letting “the Homosexual Agenda” spread into inappropriate realms.
    I gotta say, I don't think I ever supported “the Homosexual Agenda” or the loveless eternity that would result from a forcible marriage of two Muppets... until just now, when this wonderful gay guy put it that way.

If marrying two glorified sock puppets is the quickest way to destabilize this ridiculous social expectation of a lifelong shackling to the same [opposite sex] person, then I say we give them a shotgun wedding! It's not like we typically grant freedom of choice, or rights of any sort to footwear anyway, even when the footwear is anthropomorphized. (And, yes, I think I'm quite serious.)

Join the movement today - make Bert and Ernie get married, so the rest of us won't have to.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.