Thread: More German Anti-Tech Lunacy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    There is a very valid and growing concern that to few companies control to much of the activity on the internet, and that those companies now treat what used to be customers as a product instead. Yes there are programs, scripts, add-ons that users can use, install, and run in order to add a layer of personal protection and privacy, but the point behinds these laws are that people shouldn't have to do that, and most people aren't at a computer competency level in order to make these counter-measures work properly. Look at your Tor/FF bundle how badly it breaks on modern websites.
    I don't recall the last time I received an invoice from Google or Facebook, nor have I been coerced into using them.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch the Red View Post
    I don't recall the last time I received an invoice from Google or Facebook.
    Sucks don't it. Even Wraith was entertaining the idea at one point

, nor have I been coerced into using them
    and such an experience has yet to be claimed. however it would be damn near impossible to use the internet (much less post here) without coming across the network that either one of these internet giants have setup, without relying on 3rd party programs. The net has a big enough problem where only fools get taken advantage of, tracking and harvesting of personal information from networks like google and facebook shouldn't get a pass on that as well.

EDIT:
    Wraith, you kill the adsense banners?
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Sucks don't it. Even Wraith was entertaining the idea at one point
    What?

Wraith, you kill the adsense banners?
    Only for logged in users. Mostly because it became obvious that it'd take most of you over three months to realize they were gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    What?
    Didn't you at one point talk about splitting up the adsense revenue if it amounted to anything, and everyone replied with a "nah, keep it" attitude?
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Didn't you at one point talk about splitting up the adsense revenue if it amounted to anything, and everyone replied with a "nah, keep it" attitude?
    Oh, yeah. I thought you were saying I wanted to bill people for usage of this site. I even hate the idea of a donate button.