Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
What if you don't have a Facebook account and someone tags you in one of their photos, and they're completely visible to everyone on Facebook?
How is that any different from someone uploading a photo to a blog and saying in the caption, "That's Joe"?

If you don't have a Facebook account you're not participating in the Facebook tagging process. But there's tons of people and businesses that exist on photographs on the Web.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
and most upload servicers aren't banned in the EU. and at this point I've given up hope that you are actually reading the articles you are linking to and bitching about. No one is outlawing your own photos of yourself from being uploaded to the internet. again, its how the service is used. by allowing someone else to add people to facebook's facial recognition program without their consent.

and news sources have all types of rights that extend past regular citizens, is that really your best defense? Not to mention this has absolfuckinglutely nothing to do with the problem facebook ran into. As far as I'm aware facebook's captioning option, something its had since the early days, is not under attack and thus far has not been banned. But don't let that get in the way of screaming doom and gloom.
I've given up hope that you weren't educated in Norwegian academia.

As Cain pointed out, this isn't about photos of yourself but about photos of your friends. All this Facebook feature does is do what your own mind does —*see who has the same face and suggesting who among your existing tags applies to a given photo. There is no privacy being violated here, and I haven't seen even the semblance of an argument as to how it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
So on one side of your mouth you demand strict government regulation, than on the other hand castigate a company for complying with government regulation?