Thread: More German Anti-Tech Lunacy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    I think it really depends on the blog and how it fares under those hundreds of variables, but the broader point Cain and I are making is the principles of free expression are the same whether it's a blog or Facebook.
    And the point I'm making is that Facebook already has tools available for what you consider "censorship", ie. that you can untag yourself after the fact, or opt out of a service after you're automatically opted in, or do those things once you become a member, and I am asking how you assume it is intrinsically different "censorship"-wise whether you opt out beforehand (my suggestion for how Facebook could operate), or opt out afterwards (currently implemented functionality).

Besides that stop acting like all censorship is bad. Your entire position here at the forums is to censor people when we ask for it. You don't post about who you actually are in real life, and have edited this information out of your own posts when it accidentally happens, and have edited it out of the posts of others. Is this not censorship too? How would you feel if I posted your IP address? The other person I'm arguing with uses a Tor gateway or other anonymizing proxies to hide or "censor" his IP address from us. Hell didn't Cain, at the other forums, go on a huge deleting spree to remove his posts? For two people arguing how awful censorship is you seem to be alright with it to a degree.
    Last edited by Illusions; 08-14-2011 at 03:03 AM.
    . . .