Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
Popular = how widely linked a site is (plus other related metrics), and yes, it does know.

Unless its extremely relevant, and there are no other equally relevant, but more widely linked or appropriate things, then no, it will not.

So I'm opted out of Facebook's functions by not being a member, but someone can still tag me in photos...a function of Facebook. Really...?

This is even dumber. You can untag yourself in photos if you're a member of Facebook. Why should you not be able to untag yourself if you aren't a member? Also why should someone be automatically opted into something they don't agree with? How is that censorship?
Jesus.

For the third time, link structure is a proxy for reputation and relevance. It's not a proxy for popularity. A bit more detail is outlined in the original paper describing PageRank, section 2: http://infolab.stanford.edu/pub/papers/google.pdf

But if your standard for what is harmful to someone revolves around how high it appears in search engines, you still seem to be far more pro-censorship than you seem to realize. It's hard to grasp how you value free speech at all, as you are basically hovering around this position that information about an individual can't be posted or indexed without their permission.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
Wow, you are a fucking moron. Not once, ever, have I even suggested I openly pirate anything. In fact, the last dumbass who tried to suggest I did was Loki, and I replied to him with a post full of evidence that I own and paid for everything I use and install. I've countered the suggestion that I'm a pirate every single time someone wants to go full retard and claim that. Yet somehow, because I know of how piratebay works, why people feel justifed in pirating, because I don't think $60 games are worth their price, or that $15 movie tickets are, or that I'm simply not a music fan to begin with, or that the RIAA/MPAA are coming at the problem in all the wrong ways, there are certain people who have somehow labeled me a pirate.

Thats about the most off topic, offensive, retarded and flat out lazy decision you have come too; and its not the first time I've addressed you on this matter. Like you are the living embodiment of the "if I say it enough, it must be true"

You are a asshole Dread. You have no interest is actually debating whats going on. You've shown a clear lack in willingness to read or understand the articles that are being posted and you would rather post insults (and you can't even reply directly to me when you do so) than admit that you don't have a fucking clue how any of the subjects in this thread currently work.
Forgive me if I mistook your years of defending software/music/movie pirates as an indication that you have ever pirated software/music/movies. I really don't know how one could come to that conclusion and indicates a stunning lack of intelligence. Because, you know...your years of defending software/music/movie pirates.

Though my point was you seem to understand that laws can sometimes make no sense whatsoever. So it's all the more surprising that you think Germany's jihad on the Internet makes sense.

You get really hostile whenever people disagree with you over technology.