Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are moderators and admins subject to higher standards?

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    "Jesus wept" feels more satisfying, though
    You think so? I still think I prefer "[x] makes baby Jesus cry..." I must be a softie for the classics.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

Shouldn't we be making baby Jesus throw a temper tantrum and get so upset he pukes?

That would be toddler Jesus, though.

Not that my kids terrible twos were particularly terrible.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

lucky....
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    Shouldn't we be making baby Jesus throw a temper tantrum and get so upset he pukes?
    You'd have to take it up with Rod (or Todd?) Flanders and/or Matt Groening. I didn't come up with line, and don't like to be close enough to children to be impacted by their assorted tantrums or excreetions.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenCain View Post
    You think so? I still think I prefer "[x] makes baby Jesus cry..." I must be a softie for the classics.
    It feels better, esp. when spoken aloud. Trust me, my language is good for swears. Yours, so-so.
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    It feels better, esp. when spoken aloud.
    This.