Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Default 4 8 15 16 23 42

That was odd...

I may watch this seasons premiere again after I finish rewatching seasons 4 and 5. I do think it set us up for a pretty good final season, nice of them to introduce new questions and all.

Spoiler:
    What the hell was Des doing on the plane briefly? Was it some sort of hallucination or what? I did think it was nice that they got so many of the dead/missing characters back to be on the plane. The explain-off of Shannon was kind of week, though. Clearly it was intended to be the beginning of a setup that all these people really were better off on the island (I do hope this doesn't mean we're suddenly going to be exposed to lots of Boone, though). I'm still digesting the island parts.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Lost?

What do them numbers mean?
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Well, that would be one of the questions the final season has to answer, sweetpea.

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Numbers

I find myself more confused than ever after the premier. Love it

Edit: Not enough coffee = spelling disasters!
    Last edited by X900BTA; 02-04-2010 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by X900BTA View Post
    I find myself more confused than ever after the primier. Love it
    Pimier???? Why do I read primer when I read that.... are you painting your house?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    It's not okay to shoot an innocent bank clerk but shooting a felon to death is commendable and do you should receive a reward rather than a punishment

Yeah, the mispelling gave me a bit of a giggle, too. But I thought primer as in an instruction manual for beginners.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35221911...nt-television/

Interview with the producers on the second page was rather interesting.

A primer is also a word for an oligonucleotide used in PCR.

Lost Ridiculous plot convolutions to try to keep a franchise going.

I'm pretty sure Lost has been a ridiculous plot convolution since the beginning, care to expand on your criticism, Tear?

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    That was odd...

I may watch this seasons premiere again after I finish rewatching seasons 4 and 5. I do think it set us up for a pretty good final season, nice of them to introduce new questions and all.

Spoiler:
    What the hell was Des doing on the plane briefly? Was it some sort of hallucination or what? I did think it was nice that they got so many of the dead/missing characters back to be on the plane. The explain-off of Shannon was kind of week, though. Clearly it was intended to be the beginning of a setup that all these people really were better off on the island (I do hope this doesn't mean we're suddenly going to be exposed to lots of Boone, though). I'm still digesting the island parts.
    *SPOILERS*
    Shannon was not available for the shooting, and afaik this is the last we're gonna see of Boon.
    I thought the flash-sideways was an awesome idea.
    Did anyone else notice the Dharma logo on the Shark?
    Also - Sayid shoots Ben who is then healed in the temple, then Ben's dad shoots Sayid who is then healed in the temple. Plenty of Irony in this show

Karma.

_
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Heh, you know, I think I'll add Faraday to the list...

In a Daniel Jackson sort of way.

The numbers represent the amount of money ABC plans to make with Lost.

/case closed
    Your search had no results.

I found the first episode very confusing. We're seeing two parallel realities now ? One in which they didn't succeed with the bomb and one in which they did?

I definately will have to see this first installment again.

Things I have learned; Hurley really sees people who are dead.
    Congratulations America

Yeah, Hazir. I think both of the realities are after they succeeded with the bomb, though, based on what Miles said Juliet said.

Ha - I'm near the end of season 4 with my rewatching now - that picture on the wall Richard sees when he comes to see little John is of the smoke monster killing a stick figure.

Fucking awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    Yeah, Hazir. I think both of the realities are after they succeeded with the bomb, though, based on what Miles said Juliet said.
    But how could both be after they succeeded with the bomb? Were they ripped out of the past just before it exploded in the 'island' reality?
    Congratulations America

C'mon, you know every episode is supposed to leave you slightly more confused about what the hell is going on than the one before it did.

Lost questions I have

1. why does Jack get one bottle of gin from the stewardess?
    2. when did the island sink? does the sunk island explain why Desmond doesn't know Jack?
    3. why does the shark have a Dharma logo on its tail?
    4. is the Island a prison for smokey?
    5. how does the stewardess from flight 815 wind up in the temple?
    6. why was it important to save Sayeed?
    7. why don't we still don't know what the connection between Ben and Sayeed is?
    8. what will Ben do now that he knows he has been manipulated into killing Jacob and that his 'ally' probably is Evil itself?
    Congratulations America

Okay, I've watched it again now.

Jacob said "they're coming" as he died. Who are they?

I do hope we get an explanation of Richard this season. And I see Ben suddenly becoming one of the "good guys."

I think "they" are the losties (IE. Jack, Kate, Sayid, Sawyer, etc - everyone whom Jacob touched during the 5th season finale).
    That's why he needs them to stay alive so badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Lost questions I have

1. why does Jack get one bottle of gin from the stewardess?
    2. when did the island sink? does the sunk island explain why Desmond doesn't know Jack?
    3. why does the shark have a Dharma logo on its tail?
    4. is the Island a prison for smokey?
    5. how does the stewardess from flight 815 wind up in the temple?
    6. why was it important to save Sayeed?
    7. why don't we still don't know what the connection between Ben and Sayeed is?
    8. what will Ben do now that he knows he has been manipulated into killing Jacob and that his 'ally' probably is Evil itself?
    1. That's not the only difference. Everything has changed a little in this timeline, including Shannon being off the plane and Desmond being on it (assuming he's real). It means things started changing even before the plane *didn't* crash, perhaps due to something else the pocket of EM energy didn't do in this reality.
    2. We know it sinked AFTER the Dharma initiative came there, so sometime post 1970... Maybe the same energy that was supposed to crash the plane somehow kept the island above water?
    3. Nothing special I think- sharks had the Dharma logo in the original timeline as well...
    4. Well, he does want to "go home"...
    5. I'm thinking out loud here, but she said that they were from the "first flight", so perhaps both new timelines are actually the SAME? OMG, it all falls into place now: They DID succeed like Juliet said, and the plane DIDN'T crash, but the losties connected (like we saw in the flashes, which now seem like flashBACKS again) and got to the island anyway, on another flight. Their consciousness traveled straight to the present time and that's why they don't remember being on the plane that DIDN'T crash....
    Bah, or not... I won't even erase my train of thought there...
    6. Jacob needs the losties for his plan to work.
    7. What connection? I don't follow...
    8. I think this season will be about the redemption of both Jack and Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Discord View Post
    I think "they" are the losties (IE. Jack, Kate, Sayid, Sawyer, etc - everyone whom Jacob touched during the 5th season finale).
    That's why he needs them to stay alive so badly.
    I think 'they' are the losties, as they are the one thing that changes in the present at that time (their appearance roughly coincides with the death of Jacob, at least the time-line seems to allow it depending on how long Ben and Smokey are under the foot after Jacobs death).

Quote Originally Posted by Discord View Post
    1. That's not the only difference. Everything has changed a little in this timeline, including Shannon being off the plane and Desmond being on it (assuming he's real). It means things started changing even before the plane *didn't* crash, perhaps due to something else the pocket of EM energy didn't do in this reality.
    2. We know it sinked AFTER the Dharma initiative came there, so sometime post 1970... Maybe the same energy that was supposed to crash the plane somehow kept the island above water?
    3. Nothing special I think- sharks had the Dharma logo in the original timeline as well...
    4. Well, he does want to "go home"...
    5. I'm thinking out loud here, but she said that they were from the "first flight", so perhaps both new timelines are actually the SAME? OMG, it all falls into place now: They DID succeed like Juliet said, and the plane DIDN'T crash, but the losties connected (like we saw in the flashes, which now seem like flashBACKS again) and got to the island anyway, on another flight. Their consciousness traveled straight to the present time and that's why they don't remember being on the plane that DIDN'T crash....
    Bah, or not... I won't even erase my train of thought there...
    6. Jacob needs the losties for his plan to work.
    7. What connection? I don't follow...
    8. I think this season will be about the redemption of both Jack and Ben.
    Yeah well, that stewardess was the thing that really fucked me up, more than anything else how can she be there in a reality in which the plane has crashed (and she should be dead) walking around like there's nothing more normal than her being part of the temple-people. I mean, she wasn't part of the aft-crowd was she ?

As for Ben-Sayeed; in season 4 IIRC Sayeed was actually working for Ben (the Berlin scenes), what is the meaning of that?
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Yeah well, that stewardess was the thing that really fucked me up, more than anything else how can she be there in a reality in which the plane has crashed (and she should be dead) walking around like there's nothing more normal than her being part of the temple-people. I mean, she wasn't part of the aft-crowd was she ?
    Because the reality where it "worked" is separate from the reality that it didn't. And yes, she was with the tailies; she was taken when they were walking across the jungle with Sawyer. The two children with her were as well.

Stupid me thought she had died, but she only ran to the front section in the 'after' universe, where the plane didn't crash. I wonder what the schedule is like in Turkey. The way I understand it they air it almost on the same day as in the US.
    Congratulations America

Okay, yeah, so I have a question about time now, related to Claire's apparent snap from reality. Everyone on the island jumped back in time, right? So while our new crazy Claire was also probably insane in 1977 and running around building traps like Rousseau did, I never did have the impression that she was as intelligent as Rousseau - so how the hell did she manage to avoid being captured by both the others and Dharma for 3 years?

I guess I'm having a hard time figuring out how this works. It's 2007 in Lost-land, right? So what happened in the 3 years from rescue to the Ajira flight?

I think the only explanation for Claire on the Island can be Smokey.
    Congratulations America

Just finished watching this weeks episode.

Very interesting. The numbers again!

The no-crash reality puzzled me some more, though. Ben as a teacher is such a delightfully creepy concept. Everything about Locke there, though - now he's marrying Helen and inviting daddy dearest to the wedding? I guess in that version he became handicapped in some way other than being shoved out the window by dear old dad?