Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 4 8 15 16 23 42

I always knews sideways was a big heap of hogwash, and I feel more like that after seeing this episode.
    Congratulations America

I lol'd

Icky gets to be unhated for a day.

Good thing it's just 8 minutes until tomorrow.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

and we are go.
    Congratulations America

indeed.

Spoiler:
    I think this may kill me. Really.

Rose and Bernard may possibly be more courageous than anyone else on that damned island.

And Juliet as the trigger for Sun and Jin - and their flash takes them all the way to dying, together.

And there are still two fucking hours left.

This was really great, an ending worthy of lost. Hardly any answers, sideways swept to the side and ... god.. I was close to tearing up myself a dozen of times.
    Congratulations America

Moar! Moar! Moar!

Spoiler:
    Not exactly hogwash, Hazir. I was fairly certain about the flash-sideways bits shortly after Sun and Jin's remembering. There kept being more and more clues to it in everyone's flashes.

Not entirely satisfying, but it did tie things up.

They really really really should have given us a Des and Penny reunion, one more time.

I'm still crying.

Spoiler:
    Well, I got this feeling quite early that it was just a bunch of false memories that sort of were supposed to keep everybody in place. I didn't exactly guess what they were being kept in place for though. So in that way you are right.
    Congratulations America

I'm going to watch the Jimmy Kimmel special that they are showing in about 10 minutes.

It's not like I have any hope of sleeping now or anything.

Oh, I get it now. The island wasn't hell, it was purgatory. So who prayed for their souls?
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Spoiler:
    There were an awful lot of fake looking low-mass boulders in that. It wouldn't have been so obvious if they hadn't kept having them fall next to real boulders, and then clearing them out for the next shot.

Also, the scene where Linus became Hugo's lieutenant seemed very contrived and unnatural.

And the supernatural agility of the liner.

And a bunch of other nitpicks.

But really, it was pretty good. I think they forgot about a number of the mysteries they introduced, but oh well.

Lastly, I was kinda hoping that Jack would come out of the cave all smokey.

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    Oh, I get it now. The island wasn't hell, it was purgatory. So who prayed for their souls?
    No it wasn't.
    Congratulations America

I have to say it again.. I absolutely love how this series ended....
    Congratulations America

You should probably avoid pretending to be a fucking idiot in the Lost thread.

No, wait.

You aren't pretending.

Shut the fuck up, Being.

This friday I'm going to watch this finale again. And some day in the future I'm going to buy the series and watch it all again.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    You should probably avoid pretending to be a fucking idiot in the Lost thread.

No, wait.

You aren't pretending.

Shut the fuck up, Being.
    Take a hike.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    This friday I'm going to watch this finale again. And some day in the future I'm going to buy the series and watch it all again.
    Why this Friday?

Not that it isn't an admirable activity, but why specifically Friday?

I actually want to rewatch it as well, but I'm not ready for that kind of bawling again (and I have no doubt I will, because, well, it is very rare that something that sets me off one time won't affect me again).

Hey Wraithy ... were you all stony yet again, or did you finally crack?

I do not feel your human emotions.

Cry baby.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    Why this Friday?

Not that it isn't an admirable activity, but why specifically Friday?

I actually want to rewatch it as well, but I'm not ready for that kind of bawling again (and I have no doubt I will, because, well, it is very rare that something that sets me off one time won't affect me again).

Hey Wraithy ... were you all stony yet again, or did you finally crack?
    Because Friday is the first day of a 19-day vacation for me
    Congratulations America

Which isn’t to say they’re not coming. Those fearing they may never get their explanations have some relief on the horizon. If loyal viewership didn’t reward with resolution, cash just might do the trick. It seems the show’s creators have a bonus in store for fans willing to shell out for the season-six DVD set.

Executive producer Carlton Cuse recently stated that while the show speaks for itself, “there's going to be a feature on the DVDs which will, sort of in an entertaining way, answer some of these questions that are unanswered.”

... the show speaks for itself...
    If that's the case then it is saying it is the most incoherrantly incomprehensible story ever put on TV. And everybody is dead, right?

If that's the case then it is saying it is the most incoherrantly incomprehensible story ever put on TV. And everybody is dead, right?
    No. And the story isn't all that difficult to understand if you don't get lost in the dead ends. Basically it's never really been about the island. The island and what happened there were only important because they brought these people together.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    No. And the story isn't all that difficult to understand if you don't get lost in the dead ends. Basically it's never really been about the island. The island and what happened there were only important because they brought these people together.
    I'm assuming they were brought together for a purpose. Right? Anyway, the fact that Ben stayed in purgatory was the writer's way of selling it to another network (that and the probable fact that nobody prayed for Ben's soul).

I'm assuming they were brought together for a purpose. Right? Anyway, the fact that Ben stayed in purgatory was the writer's way of selling it to another network (that and the probable fact that nobody prayed for Ben's soul).
    They were brought to the island for a purpose, but what mattered was that they were together. It was also logical that for Ben the relationship with Alex would be more important than the relationships he had with the losties. Her death pretty much made him who he was ever since.
    Congratulations America