Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
I don't understand this one.

It seems to be about names not being spelt exactly the same. This is something I can relate to as both my forename and surname have multiple spellings and most of the time if someone else writes my forename they do so incorrectly. It pisses me off if it is misspelt so I always spell it out.

But I would imagine for both identification purposes and for applying to vote you fill in the paperwork yourself? So surely you'd spell your own name consistently? I would think numbers who can not spell their own name are very slim. I don't understand where these 50k errors are coming from unless third parties are getting involved?
This "exact match" requirement is more strict than what we require for US passports. Which is ridiculous. It disproportionately effects non-whites and those that do manage to make it to the polls will still have their votes "approved" during counting. It's your standard GOP bullshit of trying to steal yet another election.

I'm surprised they are going through this much effort. Last time they simply faked the numbers and destroyed the data, against court order, and it all got swept under the rug.