Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So what's been goin on around here?

Default So what's been goin on around here?

I received a heart-warming auto-notification from the site administrator ('TWF Misses You!') and thought I'd respond.

I think it's been about two years since I posted here regularly. I have, indeed, thought of you lot and this internet space during that time. But I had to return only when I felt ready to. It might be that that time is getting closer; who knows? So I'll begin with this post today and see what happens next.

I've interacted with people here that have helped me and formed my views and opinions on things in ways that are pretty fundamental. However, I've experienced a period of transmutation in those past two years I mentioned that was so integral to my sense of being, so personal, that I needed time to pass before I ventured back here again.
    I'm no Gandalf, but I've gained a new insight into the death of the Grey and the rebirth of the White; and the odd, questioning confusion that comes with such a change; that lasts for a time, at least. Patience might have something to do with it too.

I look forward to learning from you all once again!

So, like the title says: what's been goin' on? (:

Momo! Good to see you

What's been going on is what's been going on for ever. Same old, same old. I'm a bit short on time right now, just wanted to say it's good to see you again!

(edit: I can see you Spawnie, guess he got the same notification )
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

What, nobody here has conquered the world yet?

And I thought we had potential!

Mo!

Welcome back sunshine.

Momo!
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Heya Timbuk; meant to ass about you. How's things goin?

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    Momo!
    Seeing that with your avatar just made me

Well good.

It's fantastic to see you again.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

That message brought me back, too. Nicely written, whoever that was.

Hello all.
    "Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink, because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl.

So; now that I've confirmed that the message was generic and impersonal (despite trying to look oh-so-personal) as Spawnie got one too, I'm outta here again.

Heya Spawnz.

People read those messages?

Damn Wraith, I'm impressed.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Momo needs special personal messages to feel special?

See, I told you. Nothing has changed.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

What, you didn't get one, Zigz?

Were you also left off the mass-invite to the grand prix in Monaco courtesy of Chaloobi?

Too bad, man!

(By the way, I can still remember some of the black-and-white pics of africa that you posted on the Old Forum... and still giggle about them).

Quote Originally Posted by Momo View Post
    What, you didn't get one, Zigz?
    I am the welcome message

Were you also left off the mass-invite to the grand prix in Monaco courtesy of Chaloobi?

Too bad, man!
    Typical Choobs.
    (By the way, I can still remember some of the black-and-white pics of africa that you posted on the Old Forum... and still giggle about them).
    I can't. I can only remember the live feed from that pool where we went: "Oh look! Elephants!" And you shaking your head at them bloody foreigners.

unrelated edit: 51 users online. 4 members and 47 guests

Bloody spiders
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Momo? From the time thieves?
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Momo View Post
    What, nobody here has conquered the world yet?
    That's a 5 year plan. You've been gone only 2.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Hello dr. Momo. You're not the only one who's had a personal change in the past 2 years (Mine's not in the direction you might think; science turned out to be more interesting than sex)

We still have some mean apples in the orchard, but maybe you'll feel like talking about your change sometime. Either way, stick around, beernuts!

Quote Originally Posted by Spawnie View Post
    That message brought me back, too. Nicely written, whoever that was.
    Thanks. Stick around!
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Welcome back!
    Such is Life...

Thanks Ness. It seems that my directions parallel yours - it'll be good to catch up with your new views and insights, particularly with your science.

Welcome back, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    People read those messages?

Damn Wraith, I'm impressed.
    Nessus wrote the things, not me.

I was under the influence at the time and cannot be held legally or morally responsible.
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Welcome back!
    . . .

Momo and Spawnie! Nice to see you again.

Even I got one of those messages and I'd barely been away 5 days.

Momo! Spawnz!

And I got the message too. Aww.
    Carthāgō dēlenda est

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    science turned out to be more interesting than sex)
    Absolutely preposterous!

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorNorton View Post
    Absolutely preposterous!
    I'm pretty sure Einstein was very close to proving science and sex were inextricably linked to each other in some way...
    Such is Life...

Welcome back.

Honestly, I'm curious what you've been up to/going through. Either way, this place would benefit from your personal touch.

I got the message, too. Only I haven't been gone, just lurking and not feeling like posting...

Hi there Momo, welcome back!

Nice to see people back here Welcome!
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!