Thread: UK EU referendum?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Do you really think this was the time to honour the desire of engaging in a debate whether or not the UK should be a member of the EU? I mean, I think it would be best for the EU if the UK would leave as your country is incapable of telling the anti-EU crowd to either show their colours by voting the only party that is for pulling out or to shut the fuck up and ignore their hostility towards the EU. What happens in stead is that main stream politicians start trying to win their votes by shifting into the 'sceptic' column.

If Cameron wasn't one of those politicians I think he was entirely right in telling the rebels to shut the fuck up. They have been spreading their poison long enough now and the damage is getting unbearable.

The UK has effectively been sidelined, not matter how much mr Cameron thinks to repatriate powers to Whitehall. Every 'success' in that field simply means abandoning power and influence. A process that could go as far as reducing the UK to a bigger version of Switzerland; entirely subject to EU rules, but having no say in what those rules are.

As soon as this financial crisis cools down I think indeed there should be a referendum in the UK about the EU, and I have little doubt that the 'out' campaign will have a much harder time finding funding than the 'in' campaign. For the simple reason that a huge chunk of your economy could be choked out of existence if the UK would no longer be inside the EU.

And really, why should the 'pro's' keep repeating the obvious to an audience that refuses to be informed ? Let me throw in the word 'cabotage'; it's one of the things that is made possible by the EU. It ended the practise of lorries having to return to their home base empty after making a delivery in another EU contry. It did make it possible for Ryanair to have flights between London and Barcelona. No EU means no EU wide cabotage.

Millions of people take these things for granted, certainly don't credit the EU for such conveniences, but have no problem dregging up that old cow about 'curvature of bananas'.
    Last edited by Hazir; 10-30-2011 at 01:16 PM.
    Congratulations America