Thread: Well then..

Default Well then..

they did close that other place - not that I posted *THAT* much there lately but it was nice to jump in from time to time read some threads.
    They could have at least waited till the 11. birthday before killing it.

I guess this post of AAn`allein sums it nicely...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aan`allein
    I just realized we're four days away from the 11 year anniversary of this board, too. 11 years of unbroken forum, with all users and content migrated over again and again, from UBB to vBulletin 1 to vBulletin 2 to vBulletin 3. From Legend Entertainment to GT to Infogrames to Atari, each with its own domain, but with the same accounts and the same threads (frequent prunings notwithstanding). Admins came and went, but the core remained, for a veritable eternity in internet days.

And now it's all being thrown out with the trash...

Greetings, Bolshevik race-defiler! Welcome to The World Forgotten, the finest asylum this side of the Lethe. We already have a thread discussing this very matter, and Debate and Discourse is intended for discussions on politics, religion, philosophy and other deeper subjects, as you can see written in those handy little blurbs beneath the sub-forum headers! Enjoy your stay, nuts are all over the place and the Sloshed Senseless Sewing Circle is holding the booze hostage until we get more booze.
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

*epic music playing*

Chose your destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    Greetings, Bolshevik race-defiler! Welcome to The World Forgotten, the finest asylum this side of the Lethe. We already have a thread discussing this very matter, and Debate and Discourse is intended for discussions on politics, religion, philosophy and other deeper subjects, as you can see written in those handy little blurbs beneath the sub-forum headers! Enjoy your stay, nuts are all over the place and the Sloshed Senseless Sewing Circle is holding the booze hostage until we get more booze.
    I here-by nominate Nessus for Moderator.

(We shouldn't have two right wing nuts in charge anyway - need some lefties to balance the power)
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Uhh, but that would just create some sort of war, so I completely disagree.

Now where's the pub around here.. ?

Quote Originally Posted by agamemnus View Post
    What? Humanity's favorite passtime? Well?
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by TG01 View Post
    Now where's the pub around here.. ?
    Waiting to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by agamemnus View Post
    You're just upset there were no greater gods of IRC to redeem you
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    You're just upset there were no greater gods of IRC to redeem you
    I had almost forgotten about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    Waiting to be made.
    PM'ed Mastermind to create a new one..

(Something about building a shelter for a lost little puppy aka Draco.. )