Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'll speak freely here!

Default Re: I'll speak freely here!

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged

I see. That wasn't groveling, though.
    Look I'm not really good at grovelling ok? But I will try and explain a bit more by demonstrating my life situation:

I'm a head case. I'm a miserable, lonely, out of work 36 year old who was forced by my own faults to move back in with my father. Before this I was always an independent person having moved out as soon as I hit my 18th birthday. I was married at age 23 and divorced at age 30. I have two children(girls) ages 12 and 10 whom I never see because they are 2200 miles away. I never leave the house, because I can't afford it. I receive unemployment benefits which barely pays the bills and will be running out soon. I drink a lot beer(cheap beer) because it helps me deal with my current situation a bit better. I play a lot of games which also helps. I used to be fun, out going, and happy go lucky if you will until all of this hit me.

I need a life for real which is why I really should engage in these forums more, it would probably help as well. Also I'm not looking for sympathy and I mean that. I just felt like sharing that with you.

Oooohhh, now we can play "Battling Life Stories!"

Quote Originally Posted by Weber

Look I'm not really good at grovelling ok? But I will try and explain a bit more by demonstrating my life situation:

I'm a head case. I'm a miserable, lonely, out of work 36 year old who was forced by my own faults to move back in with my father. Before this I was always an independent person having moved out as soon as I hit my 18th birthday. I was married at age 23 and divorced at age 30. I have two children(girls) ages 12 and 10 whom I never see because they are 2200 miles away. I never leave the house, because I can't afford it. I receive unemployment benefits which barely pays the bills and will be running out soon. I drink a lot beer(cheap beer) because it helps me deal with my current situation a bit better. I play a lot of games which also helps. I used to be fun, out going, and happy go lucky if you will until all of this hit me.

I need a life for real which is why I really should engage in these forums more, it would probably help as well. Also I'm not looking for sympathy and I mean that. I just felt like sharing that with you.
    You should practice groveling. Really. It's an invaluable skill. And if you had tried kissing my ass instead of Poxy's a lot of your current forum difficulties could have been avoided. It's not too late for you, though.

What are your faults? I'm afraid you didn't give us a clear enough picture of what led you to this disaster. Particularly deciding to live so far away from your two girls. Then there is a question of priorities. You can't afford to leave the house, buy you can afford to drink a lot of beer? There are all sorts of amazing free or cheap activities available, that could probably be enjoyed for less than a cheap six-pack of beer. Hell, try the local library if nothing else. Join the book club.

I'm glad you're not looking for sympathy, because you're not too likely to get it. Everyone has problems, after all. It's what you do to deal with them that matters.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Maybe it's fear of loss, of the "family" splitting up that has been driving you Weber...maybe in a way, you see a similar version of your past happening on Atari.

CC wasn't his family.

He came after it was a dustbin, commanding respect of his authoriteh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitter Jeweler
    CC wasn't his family.

He wasn't saying that Atari was my family, only that The mess there is similar to my own mess.

CC wasn't his family.

Didn't have to be, just had to be close enough to home to create that uncomfortable feeling.
    Similar situations are occuring in the other forums too, it's not just the CC...though they were definitely the hardest hit, by far.

He wasn't saying that Atari was my family, only that The mess there is similar to my own mess.
    Um, scuse? I don't see the similarity between the messes.

Also, not to belittle your life travails, but you can hardly expect to come in as a relative stranger, mock CC stalwarts during the CC denouement, trash one of our favorites (BJ), then dump your sob story here and expect everybody to roll over for you. It doesn't work that way. You don't start in a new community as a hard on. It's a stupid start. you don't have relationships.

So, earn them.

Says the guy with 9 posts
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Hey! Since when am I a favorite?

I liked being 'merely tolerated'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
    Says the guy with 9 posts
    Hehe, by that metric Weber is an established member here and Tear a newbie who should know his place
    Congratulations America

How did you get 119 posts already? Geez.

How did you get 119 posts already? Geez.
    Trying to fight a curse filter helped a lot already. Then there were the financial posts. And let's not forget that I migrated relatively early, so while you were still fuming at CC I was already posting here. Lolli and I have the same number of posts more or less.
    Congratulations America

Thanks for the warm welcome.
    Alright, who gave Webster the warm welcome?
    The worst job in the world is better than being broke and homeless

Quote Originally Posted by evenstar
    Doesn't hurt if the new member is a cute female, right Ogre?
    I don't think I'm shallow.... oh wait, who am I kidding... I'm shallow.

And yes, it doesn't hurt at all. Glad to see you made it!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    It's not okay to shoot an innocent bank clerk but shooting a felon to death is commendable and do you should receive a reward rather than a punishment

I'd be so confused if I based my opinion of my awesomeNess on what other people think of me.
    Don't be silly. What else matters?
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by ImAnOgre

I don't think I'm shallow.... oh wait, who am I kidding... I'm shallow.

And yes, it doesn't hurt at all. Glad to see you made it!!!
    Just asking that question and backing away from the shallow answer disqualifies you, somewhat at least, from the shallow descriptor. You blew it.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)

I gave Weber the warm welcome. I know, I know.... everyone hates me... well you fuckers will have to get over it. I invited Tim and Biogal too.

I however did not invite suicide. We should ban him now before dread and rand get fed up with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    It's not okay to shoot an innocent bank clerk but shooting a felon to death is commendable and do you should receive a reward rather than a punishment

I gave Weber the warm welcome. I know, I know.... everyone hates me... well you fuckers will have to get over it. I invited Tim and Biogal too.

I however did not invite suicide. We should ban him now before dread and rand get fed up with him.
    You've done the right thing across the board. And it wasn't shallow.
    The Rules

And we all hate you for Tim and Biobitch, and will give them both exactly the welcome they deserve here.

I don't care if Chacha objects, either.

I don't care if Chacha objects, either.
    Why, you elitist bitch.
    The Rules

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan
    Why, you elitist bitch.
    You're just figuring that out, sweetheart?

You're just figuring that out, sweetheart?
    I never thought of you as elitist. Is it true?
    The Rules

I never thought of you as elitist. Is it true?
    Would you say being elitist is a bad thing?
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus
    Would you say being elitist is a bad thing?
    Yes?
    The Rules

Yes?
    Aww
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Aww
    Faker. You don't fool me.
    The Rules

Faker. You don't fool me.
    Given how divorced you appear to be from reality, I doubt anyone can "fool" you these days

Given how divorced you appear to be from reality, I doubt anyone can "fool" you these days

It's not a divorce so much as a mutual parting of ways.
    The Rules