• Babies are cute

2 50.00%
  • I have never met a cute baby while awake and sober

2 50.00%
  • Babies are fuzzy

0 0%

Thread: Good GOD, babies are CUTE

Default Good GOD, babies are CUTE

Nearing the first week of my pediatric rotation and I'm AWWstruck by the total ultimate indomitable cuteness of babies and kidlets. It makes everything better. For the past week, whenever one of you has been unusually dickish and irritating I've just imagined that person as a tiny pink michelin-man and the rage has just gone away
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

I've always found human babies to be the least cute out of any species.

Tomorrow is like an empty canvas that extends endlessly, what should I sketch on it?

^^ that's awdorable.

Babies (human) are butt ugly though.

Am I a tiny pink michelin-Ziggy now?
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

See, that's just Danny deVito.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Last week I watched when a technician prepped four baby mice heads for me, and it didn't stir feeling one way or the other. But at 2 days they're just really tiny and defenseless(-looking), I guess they cute up after the fur shows up. *shrug*
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

What, I can't choose more than one option? I have met some fuzzy babies in my life, and they were still cute

I was thankful to have a cute baby, as some are a bit on the squashed-looking side. But, as a woman, I think it is part of our DNA to think all newborns are cute.

EDIT: After reading Nessus's post: the only baby mice I've really come in contact with are ones that have been frozen and then thawed for frog consumption. They weren't necessarily cute, but very intriguing to look at. The time I found dead baby rabbits in my backyard they looked more like rats with long ears, but they were still cute and I was very sad for their demise.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Nearing the first week of my pediatric rotation and I'm AWWstruck by the total ultimate indomitable cuteness of babies and kidlets. It makes everything better. For the past week, whenever one of you has been unusually dickish and irritating I've just imagined that person as a tiny pink michelin-man and the rage has just gone away
    Are you sure you think babies are cute, or does your brain, via hundreds of thousands of years of human evolution, exhibit a response to infants that makes you think that they are cute?
    . . .

Am I or is brain?

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Am I or is brain?
    Do you have a choice in the matter?
    . . .

my baby wasn't cute she came out resembling Skeletor more than anything else.

but now...her smile will melt the worst work days.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Babies are rubbish.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

yep, go straight to the walking/talking stage
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Quote Originally Posted by Veldan Rath View Post
    yep, go straight to the walking/talking stage
    Amen.

Or at least to the stage where you don't have to manually wipe shit from their butts.

They have to be cute, as a survival mechanism... if they weren't, they'd get tossed into the outside trashbin with the diaper and that wretch-inducing smell.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Babies belong in the rubbish.
    Correction.

I love babies...as long as they belong to someone else and I don't have to take care of them! IMO, my son became a "person" and "some critter worth spending time with" when he has about 12 and told me to "fuck off" the first time! My first thought was "YAY! He is a human now!"
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Infants are raw-looking humanoids. But they have a magical quality that changes any adult who holds them, trying to feed/rock/comfort these totally helpless creatures. Their vomit and poo doesn't even stink until they can turn their big heads and plump bodies over. When they start recognizing voices and tracking faces, begin cooing and babbling...or early giggling... it doesn't even matter when their diapers smell to high heaven and could gag a maggot. They'll outgrow that phase, and begin to talk and walk, and become amazing little people that sing and dance and draw and....!

That's something domestic dogs and cats never do. Strangely enough, I never hear pet owners complain about how much their pet shit stinks when scooping it from the grass or litter box. Let alone the disgusting things dogs vomit....and then eat, or cats puking fur balls.

One of my cats is a string-eater and plastic-licker, and had a turd hanging from her butt attached to a length of dental floss. That kind of thing can kill a cat by strangulating their intestines, but luckily it was a short piece of dental floss and I could gently pull it out. They have anal glands that need to be expressed, too. No one wants a cat to express their anal glands on furniture (OMG!), dogs dragging their asses across the carpet, nuzzling visitor's crotches or humping their legs. But these are things pet owners accept, for as long as their animals live.

Makes human babies sound downright sophisticated.

GGT, I have, after years of thinking about it, decided I have absolutely NO patience when it comes to poo/pee/puke. It doesn't matter if it's a human baby, a kitten, a puppy, a fawn, a calf, or whatever! I have no patience with any of it! Of course, after years of floating through life in a BV haze, I guess I notice this stuff more!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

pfft, Life is messy. Deal with it.

Yes, life is messy with a little one around! That would be why I only tried to raise the one! I seriously don't want to spend a lot of time around a hyperactive monkey that can't vocalize where the fucking pain is or wants to tell me all about little Joey pissing his pants in class or whatever. I do NOT like small children! I have said this before so it's not a surprise to anyone!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

David Brooks' book "The Social Animal" spends a few chapters arguing that the first few months of a baby's life are basically devoted to getting its parents to love it via smiling, imitation, eye contact, crying.

Speaking of which, time to go play with the kids.