Thread: Bye for a while

Default Bye for a while

Guess I'm not going to be missed anyway, but I'm going to try to stay away from posting at this forum for a while. The whole aggressiveness is getting a bit old and I realised that it's not really I want to spend my energy on.

Have fun and maybe see you all in a while.
    Congratulations America

take care! cleansing leave is good
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Hope you come back before Turkey joins the EU. But seriously, everyone here says things they don't mean, especially in the heat of an argument. I'm fairly sure people don't mean half the things they say in that context. You just have to learn not to take these attacks as seriously; getting people to be less aggressive obviously hasn't worked very well.
    Hope is the denial of reality

A break is sometimes worthwhile. I did one too a few months ago!

But you not coming back would be...not worthwhile for everyone. Hope to see you soon.

I will miss you, Hazir, if that counts for anything!

You're right that this place takes on an aggressive vibe that's sometimes pervasive and....toxic. That can be surprisingly contagious, a big energy drain and time-sapper. Instead of being the forum we enjoy, where we can exchange ideas and discuss challenging topics with others, it turns into a Peyton Place of Personalities. I think it happens because we're a relatively small forum, and haven't had an infusion of 'new blood' for a long while. Families can fight that way sometimes.

Enjoy your break and return refreshed.

See you soon, take care.

As for the aggressive nature of this place, just ignore it, makes life much easier - hence why I certainly don't add anything into the mix apart from stupidity (which comes easy). It's to easy to act all aggressive on the tinterweb these days, I would assume the majority of people on the internet wouldn't act this way towards someone in person - then again if they did they're more likely to get a smack down.

Take care. Don't stay away too long.

Enjoy the break, see you soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Take care.
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Guess I'm not going to be missed anyway, but I'm going to try to stay away from posting at this forum for a while. The whole aggressiveness is getting a bit old and I realised that it's not really I want to spend my energy on.
    How will the inmates learn to behave with civility when they drive out those they could learn from?
    There's a man goin' 'round, takin' names
    And he decides who to free and who to blame

Quote Originally Posted by Unheard Of View Post
    How will the inmates learn to behave with civility when they drive out those they could learn from?
    I hope that your away time is fruitful, and that you after a time, of course, come back and visit and continue interacting with everone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post

I'll be honest, after being away for a week, seeing the discussions (not to be confused with the topics) that happened while i was gone weren't exactly inviting or entertaining. I'm stuck with a sorta meh attitude towards this place now.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

I get that a lot too. And usually it is the best members who figure it out first and bluntly decide to leave. Hence, the place becomes more boring.

TheWorldForgotten is not dying though. It just lacks some of the sharpness it had before where people would play at each other wits, not pretend to be contenders in an American presidential election.

Be less cynical.
    Tomorrow is like an empty canvas that extends endlessly, what should I sketch on it?

Bye Hazir. Hope the break helps you with your aggressiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuha Vinland View Post
    TheWorldForgotten is not dying though. It just lacks some of the sharpness it had before where people would play at each other wits, not pretend to be contenders in an American presidential election.
    Can you remind me when that was and when it changed?

People have been saying this same "its not like it used to be" spiel on and off for the last decade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post

People have been saying this same "its not like it used to be" spiel on and off for the last decade.
    Yeah that must mean it's not true. Anti-Malthus comes to tWF
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post

I was positively surprised when the vibe hadn't changed much throughout the transition between Atari and TWF, but it has been a gradual process I think where people seem more sinister and on the defense. I find it hard to put a date on a gradient.
    Tomorrow is like an empty canvas that extends endlessly, what should I sketch on it?

I remember it was a tuesday.

Cya Hazir!
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Ya'll come back now ya hear?
    Such is Life...