Thread: HAppy St. Patty's Day! ... Drive fast and swerve.

Default HAppy St. Patty's Day! ... Drive fast and swerve.

As it's one of our nation's official "get drunk and act stupid" holidays, I hope you all had a good time and killed 5.6 times more children than normal on the drunken drive home.

Top o' the mornin' to you, and all that!
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenCain View Post
    As it's one of our nation's official "get drunk and act stupid" holidays, I hope you all had a good time and killed 5.6 times more children than normal on the drunken drive home.

I only made this post to record your comments.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    Err, why?

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenCain View Post

It's a fairly big holiday around these parts. People were wearing green and dying their hair green all week long. Even the orthodontist's office staff. (They apply more green bands on kids' braces around St. Patrick Day, too.) Women paint their nails green, men wear themed ties, every bar has green beer and green apple-tinis, shamrocks are everywhere.

We missed the big parade down Main St. It's usually an hour long parade, with bag pipe bands and Celtic dancers, dogs and motorcycles are decked out in kilts, schools and fire stations show their Irish sides. But I did get to see an Irish Kiltie Band play their bagpipes and drums in a nursing home. They served green ginger ale.

Cain, get drunk and stupid all ya want! But drunk driving, and jokes about drunk driving are NOT funny.

Went to a lively pub in Richmond to watch England vs Ireland on St Paddy's as the last of the Rugby 6 Nations matches.

Pub was around 50% English 50% Irish, so very loud, lots of singing and good-natured drunken rivalry.

England won.

Quote Originally Posted by coinich View Post
    Err, why?
    Guess that if you normally kill >0 children on the drive home, then killing 5.6 more than normal is a bad thing. Makes me sad, to think of all the children Being has apperantly killed... ... guess I'll have to have a beer with lunch to make the sad go away.

At least some of you seem to have done it right and enjoyed one of the few official "get drunk and act stupid" days on the calendar.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post

PS you use ICQ! Wow, throwback.