Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Shooting of Trayvon Martin

You all can argue til you are blue in the face as to whether or not pot causes aggression... But bottom line is the jury will decide; the same jury that is made up of 12 people not smart enough to get off of jury duty. And the defense will likely dismiss any jurors who have ever smoked pot anyway. So as strong as you feel a out this OG... It is probably going to backfire.

Plus ive seen a lot of pictures of the kid throwing up gang signs, does that show a propensity towards violence?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    It's not okay to shoot an innocent bank clerk but shooting a felon to death is commendable and do you should receive a reward rather than a punishment

Let's say you see a gangster walking down the street. You point a gun at him and threaten him. He attacks you. You shoot and kill him in the melee. You think that's not manslaughter?
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Let's say you see a gangster walking down the street. You point a gun at him and threaten him. He attacks you. You shoot and kill him in the melee. You think that's not manslaughter?
    I think it's less likely a jury would find me guilty of manslaughter than would be the case if the person I shot was in a business suit and worked a 9-to-5 white collar job.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

If that's what happened, I think it's murder. Was that what happened? Are you sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    If that's what happened, I think it's murder. Was that what happened? Are you sure?
    I think that's the most generous interpretation...

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    I think it's less likely a jury would find me guilty of manslaughter than would be the case if the person I shot was in a business suit and worked a 9-to-5 white collar job.
    I was talking about the standard for manslaughter, not whether the jury would be convinced to ignore the law. Though considering who makes up your average jury, I'm not sure that being in a suit would provide a great advantage.

I think a relevant factor going back to the OP is Zimmerman's 999 call. This will be used no doubt by the prosecution given he was told not to follow, but it's interesting that in this he says about Martin "he looks like ge's on drugs", which we now know was correct.

Had Martin been a law abiding citizen with no evidence of drugs etc then it'd play against Zimmerman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Even if it doesn't cause aggression, smoking weed is associated with criminals, so it could be used as a reason why he thought he was so suspicious in the first place and had to be followed, and confronted. But what I read the levels were so low that it was from smoking weed a day or more before, so Randblade, it would not​ mean he was actually on drugs at that time.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/24/us...ooting.html?hp

I guess it's not interesting if a white guy shoots another white guy.

That was on my afternoon reading list. But I figured linking it would end the same as all other gun threads have....

I still think this is a stupid law as well, but even I see a difference between encountering someone in yoru own home or on the street.

Justified self defense. Private property is PRIVATE PROPERTY. What purpose did he have to violate the sanctity of another man's home? Pissed that his wife was cheating? The whore that started the whole mess claims that he was also violent (though her word is garbage anyway) but there exists evidence to believe the guy was going to start something.

You think it's ok to shoot to death a man who might at worst punch you (all without a warning as well)?

You think it's ok to shoot to death a man who might at worst punch you (all without a warning as well)?
    You're really asking Lewk?

Well, the Bible does say eye for an eye, not eye for a toe nail.

Its a garage that has a variety of deadly weapons. The guy just stalked you and came into your property. He was also probably highly agitated.

Nice job Officer!

Well, the Bible does say eye for an eye, not eye for a toe nail.
    Since I don't support setting up a theocracy why the continual reference to biblical passages?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Its a garage that has a variety of deadly weapons. The guy just stalked you and came into your property. He was also probably highly agitated.
    You also know the guy, and probably have some idea what he's capable of doing. It also seems the guy shot the intruder three times as the latter was standing still.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Another point never to visit the US. I might now be shot if I even raise my voice in a house I visit.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Yeah, I get shot at all the time.

I was shot three times this morning alone.

edit: four now.
    Last edited by Wraith; 10-25-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Both of you don't count, you deserved that. I, on the other hand, am much to valuable to mankind to allow myself to risk my life in such a callous manner!
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?