Thread: Eurovison freakshow

Default Eurovison freakshow

Where is Hazir?

"Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

I only saw a short bit of the Dutch entry.. holy fuck that was bad.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Disregarding the shitfest completely, there was actually one guy on a talent show I liked this year.

Tomorrow is like an empty canvas that extends endlessly, what should I sketch on it?

Holy shit this is awful. I was coincidentally just watching some of this, must have been a rerun or something.

Though that Russian clip is sort of cute. Sending a group of older ladies who just sing without massive techno beats and stripper poles is refreshing. Which itself is sort of depressing.

So Sweden won with this song. Guess there was something good there after all.

Tomorrow is like an empty canvas that extends endlessly, what should I sketch on it?

As a person, she's very different from the usual Swedish suspects. And the song's pretty good for once, so I'm kinda happy =) and the Russians were my second favourite!

Germany won the third place in my heart for that brilliant remark about how great it is to be able to vote and to have a choice
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

I thought the Russian ladies were absolutely adorable - especially the little one. She was so cute with that infectious smile that I just wanted to squeeze her!

As for the rest: My mother would have loved the UK. I remember her playing Engelbert Humperdinck endlessly when I was little. Germany's selection process this year was worse than DSDS, so I wasn't expecting much, and although the song wasn't bad, I found it too boring. I really liked Denmark and was disappointed they didn't get more votes. I wasn't surprised that Sweden won. The song wasn't to my taste, but it was probably the best of the bunch.

And Jedward? Seriously? They were a joke last year, and now I heard that Ireland says they will keep sending them until they win!?!?
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way...

Jedward is another proof that twins are often creepy.

Engelbert didn't come last

Have to settle for second-to-last.

Curse those Irish for giving us points.

~

And yes - Jedward are 17 kinds of freak.

Jack Dee's facial expression here is absolutely priceless.
    Last edited by Timbuk2; 05-27-2012 at 02:21 PM.

Best part of the show: