Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [AE] Housewarming

Default [AE] Housewarming

So are we gonna use this forum or what? I thought I'd researched and built my way to basic fighter tech but hadn't so now I have a fighter on the way and ready to open a trade route
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

I was thinking a few useful threads: lists of planets for colonization, requests for trades, general chatting, and attack plans. Anything else?

Dangerous persons lists.

Maybe a place to list all known enemy bases? Maybe a bit too early to be useful now, but later I imagine it will be needed.

And maybe a place with recommended strategies, and the important information summarized (can be a pain to look up everything in tables/wiki.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Anyone know if there's any advantage to having spaceports at 1-4? One trade route until you get to level 5 and given the bleak outlook I get the impression I won't get much use out of boosting spaceports above level 1.

Also, since everyone's drooling over the fert5/met3 planets what's the second tier of juicy planets that few people are currently scrambling after?

Trade routes make a ton of money, and every level gives +2 credits. So 5 spaceports is +10 + 2 traderoutes. The credits alone are quickly comparable to metal refineries and robot plants.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    +2 economy per level.
    Oops I completely missed that part thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Trade routes make a ton of money, and every level gives +2 credits.
    Yeh. It sure helps when THE PEOPLE YOU TRADE WITH HAVE NOTHING BUT HARSH LANGUAGE TO DEFEND THEMSELVES WITH LEAVING YOUR PRECIOUS ROUTES TO GET PLUNDERED.

I have leveled up to Canada Rank!!

I now have a warship!! Okay it's a meat-shield

Next round we might wanna consider setting up collaborative google docs documents eg. spreadsheets or just empty text documents, so that everyone can add to it (provided y'all are comfortable with sharing your mail addresses).

Would allow easy sorting by resources etc

Next round? That's optimistic.

Rounds start every half a year.
    Hope is the denial of reality

My way of saying that it'd be nice if we could do it now but no biggie if we can't

You voluntereed. Set it up.

Already done, see links in latest issue of Hot Planets

Tip: you can also apparently add time markers for production. M for minutes, H for hours, D for days. So, say you will be away for 10 hours you could put 10H on the goods production box and it should produce goods for 10 hours, adding some revenue.

Note: I have not tested this yet. But it says it can do it on the site!

Okay so I realise crystal is king but given the rarity of crystal planets might it not be worthwhile to also go for planets with high energy (4 solar, 4 gas, maybe build some fusion plants), 5 fertility, 3 metal and a very high density of spaceports and/or metal refineries? It might cost a little more and be a little slower than if you have a beautiful crystal planet but on the other hand you wouldn't have to spend all that much on urban structures and on energy (esp. if you forego the fusion plants, which you might have to if you need to start from scratch on each new planet...???). I think a high energy planet with even just a level 5 spaceport and a couple of good trade routes may be an acceptable alternative to most of the C3 planets we've seen so far. Basically you turn a planet into China and let them focus on trade or possibly on churning out ships and goods. I have of course done no maths on this

Metal is king not crystal I think. Second column Rocky planets seem ideal - 3 Metal, 3 Solar, 6 Fertility, 2 Gas. But no crystal.

Having said that so far I've founded a Crystal and an Asteroid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Sweet

Out of curiosity, is S3/F6/M3/G2/C0 much better than S4/F5/M3/G4/C0? I haven't figured out how much that extra fertility would be worth compared to two good sources of energy (total 3 more per tier, requiring fewer urban structures to maintain and thus compensating for the lower fertility???)

How do you get 4/5/3/4/0? If you can, yes it sounds great.

Edit: There's no M3&G4 Astros. There aren't even any M3&G3 Astros unless you take one with no solar: http://mira.astroempires.com/tables.aspx?view=terrains
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Ah my bad the ones I was thinking of have 4/4 in solar and gas but only 2 in metal.
    Last edited by Aimless; 06-02-2012 at 11:48 AM.

So getting those spaceports up would take longer, even with robotic factories etc.

It is possible to get 4/4 on energy: Magma, Toxic and Volcanic can have that. 2 Metal only but still with 5 Fertility on Magma/Volcanic so may not be too bad really?

Yeah those are the ones I was thinking of. Slower building than I initially thought, so summat less profitable and not as good for churning out ships but I think they may be worthwhile with lots of spaceports. Will try it out after I've nabbed that crystalline planet in my system

Well, aside from sleeping at untactical times (costing me plenty of time), I also accidently screwed up building my colonization ships because I built two at once.. meaning I now will get two in 3 hours instead o f1 in 1,5 hour and a second 1,5 hour later.. Ugh.

It's even possible to get 5 gas in some circumstances. The thing is, once you get enough energy tech, even 2 energy isn't bad, while nothing improves the speed of building or fertility.
    Hope is the denial of reality

So do any of you guys have any commanders in training?

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Sweet

Out of curiosity, is S3/F6/M3/G2/C0 much better than S4/F5/M3/G4/C0? I haven't figured out how much that extra fertility would be worth compared to two good sources of energy (total 3 more per tier, requiring fewer urban structures to maintain and thus compensating for the lower fertility???)
    The sources I was looking at indicated higher fertility was more valuable than higher energy, since there are multiple ways to vary your sources of energy *the standard plants, fusion plants, higher Energy research etc.* while there is ever only one way to add population. That means the cost of meeting population requirements from your building increases substantially faster than the cost of meeting your energy requirements.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"