Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [AE] Hot Planets

We are limited to 9 (or 10?) bases, that sharply limits your upward bound on production/credits. I haven't seen any 3 crystal asteroids (I assume it's only moons), and land area is only something like 65. That ain't much to work with.

I see the argument for taking a good moon - high fertility, metal, and crystal, with decent energy. It's cheaper to defend with shields, and it's only 10-15 smaller than a planet. But an asteroid? Hell, if my starting base were an asteroid I'd already be getting nervously close to full.

10 base limit for free, but you can get however many you can take in your first seven days. I'll be up to 5 by EoD, though I don't expect to be able to continue that kind of pace.

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Collaborative planetary repository, add your findings in the document and I'll copy/paste into OP from time to time.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...B6OwyKwzE/edit

Out of curiosity, I have no real experience with google docs.. is it possible to make it a sortable list?
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

In the spreadsheet, yes. If you hover over the column headings (A, B, etc) a little arrow will pop up next to the letter. Click on that and sort eg. Z --> A

Perfect, I was just going to suggest doing that.

No, wait....

Make a freaking spreadsheet.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

I just updated Minx's doc with region 25. Then as soon as I was finished, I realized that wiggin already did that one. Oh well.

edit: Er, he added 24. So I did helped!
    Last edited by Wraith; 06-01-2012 at 08:25 PM.

I did add 32

Just scouted out Region 44, moving on to 45 now. I'll add the results from 44 to the doc, it's a fairly empty sector and since it's in the galactic core there are a fair number of planets.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Region 42 is done

I've been wondering; we seem to have all ended up north of the core. Is the south a barren wasteland, full of high-level players, or what?

Not particularly full in the area under me, but the planets seem nice.

I'm working my way through Region 35, will post my findings once I'm done.

My system is left to me alone, M34:37:95:42 and its 3 crystals = ripe for the picking if any of you're interested, unless I get there first (unlikely )

Minx, what happened to the Borg guy who had a base in your system?

I just finished surveying Region 45, I'll post it to the docs later. I'm done exploring for now, too boring.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Added region 17; on to region 18.

Anyone know how to transfer my excel spreadsheet to Minxy's google one?

I'm doubleposting!

I tried to copy paste to the google spreadsheet, and got very irritated, so I'm simply sharing my original instead.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...I86SU4a7E0BgQg

(by the way, this is way sexier than what Minxy did)

Got to agree, way sexier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

M34:33:08:20

3/5/3/2/1 A:85 P: Metallic

So what do the rules say about writing a greasemonkey script that takes all of our scouting data and overlays it on the map screen?

As is forbidden to use tools that simulate or change the web interface.
    Forbidden it says!
    . . .

Is it even possible to track something like a greasemonkey script or is such a forbidden claim just their way of saying "don't do it because we don't like it"?

It's the latter, there's at least one script out there that makes various changes to the UI. I didn't install it because I don't trust gamers

Lolli's data copied into spreadsheet

Quote Originally Posted by Echovirus View Post
    Is it even possible to track something like a greasemonkey script or is such a forbidden claim just their way of saying "don't do it because we don't like it"?
    Greasemonkey scripts only run on the user's side, so its doubtful. However since its forbidden its not happening.
    . . .

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...I86SU4a7E0BgQg

I've collected the information from regions 45 and 46 now, but I'm not really sure how Wraithy did the sexy stuff to it so it's all on sheet 3.

sector 33 is in!