Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [AE] War Room & Hit-List

Random seems like a good primary target. Anyone know where he keeps his planets?

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Random seems like a good primary target. Anyone know where he keeps his planets?
    I'd tell you but I can't get the page to load apparently.
    . . .

[R~A] Random Astro List:

M34:38:12:20 - Defenses: 15/15 Missile Turrets | 5/5 Ion Turrets - Fleet: 95 Fighters | 17 Frigates - 1 Command Center
    M34:47:74:10 - Defenses: 15/15 Missile Turrets | 10/10 Ion Turrets - Fleet: 140 Fighters
    M34:37:45:11 - Defenses: 15/15 Missile Turrets | 10/10 Ion Turrets - Fleet: 113 Fighters | 3 Frigates - 1 Command Center
    M34:37:31:20 - Defenses: 15/15 Missile Turrets | 10/10 Ion Turrets - Fleet: 100 Fighters | 3 Frigates
    M34:37:00:10 - Defenses: 15/15 Missile Turrets | 10/10 Ion Turrets - Fleet: 140 Fighters - 1 Command Center

Still scouting other areas.

So here's my plan:

Stage 1: Build a lot of ships
    Stage 2: Launch suicidal runs at Random

...about an hour until I have carriers.
    Last edited by Illusions; 06-07-2012 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Found more bases...
    . . .

Are those all owned by Random?

I will totally blast them.

Are those all owned by Random?
    They should be, so long as I copy and pasted correctly...
    . . .

So this is massing at Random's outpost (M34:38:12:20) near me:

Fighters: 552 , Recyclers: 43 , Frigate: 96

I think he's planning something, especially since there were maybe only 55 fighters there 5 hours ago, so I don't think he built all that while I was away...
    . . .

I should have carriers in a few hours' time and wouldn't mind joining the party before I surrender the game... how many carriers and bombers and corvettes and fighters? If I make corvettes can I ignore building fighters? Should have something like 5000 credits to blow on this
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Random has switched guilds from [R~A] to [Derp]
    . . .

Probably to attack former guild members.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Random's Astro "4" now has the bulk of his fleet and is sitting around 16,810, with the following units:

712 Fighters
    43 Recyclers
    149 Frigates
    1 Scout Ship

Missile Turrets and Ion Turrets are still 15/15 and 10/10.
    . . .

Damn - that's not one that's in my attack path. I'm only hitting the northern four before I delete my account.

Its this one M34:47:74:10 but hitting this would probably diminish hitting the others.
    . . .

Damn - that's not one that's in my attack path. I'm only hitting the northern four before I delete my account.
    As Illusions said it's just as well. If you hit that you'd win but you would probably only be able to take out one other planet, and maybe not even that. And the fight would produce something like 7k credits in debris, most of which he'd probably manage to get.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

I'd be taking out his attack fleet though and if that one were last in line, I could significantly damage his ability to raid for profits or defend the planets I've already hit.

First strike lands in ~48 minutes.

Target: http://mira.astroempires.com/base.aspx?base=53393

Located at M34:37:00:10

I won't be going directly there, so times are approximate. Fuzzy, still going to come in after me for the pillage?

I'd be taking out his attack fleet though and if that one were last in line, I could significantly damage his ability to raid for profits or defend the planets I've already hit.
    The only reason I'm still playing is so that I can build a fleet large enough so that I can throw it at Random, regardless of whether or not it will win, but enough to set him back a bit, enough maybe for the other guilds he's fighting in the area to make him a farm.

This is going to be gold. I don't know why I didn't think of just flying to a neighboring planet, then heading over, it makes so much sense. It gives a lot shorter notice.

If this doesn't make any sense, I have sent my scout ships into two of the regions where he has most of his astros so I can watch this go down in semi-real time. So I can see the ScrewyouBismark 2 will arrive in 42 minutes approximately.
    . . .

Target: http://mira.astroempires.com/base.aspx?base=53393

Located at M34:37:00:10

I won't be going directly there, so times are approximate. Fuzzy, still going to come in after me for the pillage?
    Yeah I am, I've got 9 corvettes waiting down at Home Planet (M34:37:72:21), and another set in sector 38. Send me a message in-game (LittleFuzzy) when you can nail down your arrival time a bit better, my corvettes will take 46 minutes to reach his base.

edit: Just launched the corvettes.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Send your ships to an empty planet in the same system so they can move over to his quickly, and won't trigger his alarms. He's a free player, so he doesn't get a scanner to see us coming unless we go directly to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    The only reason I'm still playing is so that I can build a fleet large enough so that I can throw it at Random, regardless of whether or not it will win, but enough to set him back a bit, enough maybe for the other guilds he's fighting in the area to make him a farm.

This is going to be gold. I don't know why I didn't think of just flying to a neighboring planet, then heading over, it makes so much sense. It gives a lot shorter notice.

If this doesn't make any sense, I have sent my scout ships into two of the regions where he has most of his astros so I can watch this go down in semi-real time. So I can see the ScrewyouBismark 2 will arrive in 42 minutes approximately.
    You're one of the last paid players in the guild, aren't you?

Send your ships to an empty planet in the same system so they can move over to his quickly, and won't trigger his alarms. He's a free player, so he doesn't get a scanner to see us coming unless we go directly to him.
    I'm only sending a small stack of corvettes. He still only gets a two minute alarm for a fleet that small and I expect you'll have already hit by the time the alarm starts. Illusions is actually Free now. Baltic's the only Upgraded player left.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    I'm only sending a small stack of corvettes. He still only gets a two minute alarm for a fleet that small and I expect you'll have already hit by the time the alarm starts. Illusions is actually Free now. Baltic's the only Upgraded player left.
    You can still see incoming with exact amount of time on the map. I can see Wraith's fleet moving, and he's no longer in the guild with us. I think the warning is just a message, or it showing up on scanners. If he opens the map, he's going to know.
    . . .

Last leg lands in a bit under 6 minutes. Going to do a bomber drop, then if that cleans him out, I'll wander off to the next target.

Next target at M34:37:31:20

Strike time ~70 minutes. Mark.

Coming along, Fuzzy?

We should have really built a recycler fleet to follow...oh well. Won't be able to watch the rest, going to go to sleep.
    . . .

I have recyclers!

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them. I just had 'em.

Anyway, he's going to be thrilled when he logs in. So much new space debris to harvest! But where have all his ships gone!?
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Most people smell something fishy if their scanners or browsing picks up a large fleet moving into their system even if it's not heading for their planet. Or even if they notice someone moving into a nearby system. I always got wary when I noticed fleets moving into bases that player owned in my region. With my attack fleet I preferred sent it in smaller chunks, moving at equal speeds. They'd all arrive within a couple of minutes of each other and the overall time they were picked up on scanners was much lower. But being able to do that kinda depends on the size of the fleet you're using and the speed of the ships. I don't think you can break apart forces with carriers into small enough or fast enough groups, for instance.

Next target at M34:37:31:20

Strike time ~70 minutes. Mark.

Coming along, Fuzzy?
    My corvettes move way faster than you so rather than leave them sitting in a system with his defense fleet I'm moving them down another system and then shoving them back up. They should still arrive within 5-10 minutes of your having trashed his defenses.

edit: Well, Random's still online. He's already revolted back at 2.

If you leave a small fleet at his planet to occupy it, it prevents his defences from regenerating and gets you a third of his income per hour. Someone should go occupy that planet I just cleansed.