Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [AE] War Room & Hit-List

Default [AE] War Room & Hit-List

For our inevitable antisocial transition
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Wraith, you might want to think aout defenses, you're at level 9.8 and you can be attacked once you reach 10. Not that I suspect many attack-capable fleets already exist nearby, but you never know.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

I know. I've been worried about how close I'm creeping to level 10. I've got missile turrets built or being built at all my planets, and I'm going to try not to improve my economy much further until all my planets are well defended.

Speaking of defense, every defense thing is 5 units, right? So even my puny laser cannons are equal to 10 corvettes already. Missile defenses seem pretty decent, then.

Yeah. Wait until you can do missiles, though. It's a more efficient use of land & energy.

It's my understanding that most occupation fleets are huge. Given the land area limitations to ground based defenses, I'm betting your best defense is probably a large, mobile force. Obviously one should keep upgraded defenses at all times on a base, but I don't think it is as impressive as we'd like to think.

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Speaking of defense, every defense thing is 5 units, right? So even my puny laser cannons are equal to 10 corvettes already. Missile defenses seem pretty decent, then.
    1 corvette is 20 units I believe.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Fleets show the cost of the fleet. Each defense thing is 5 units, as in if it says you get 16 attack/16 armor, you actually get 5*16=80 of each total.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Yeah. Wait until you can do missiles, though. It's a more efficient use of land & energy.
    Yeah, except I bought my laser defenses while still following the tutorial

I suppose plundering a trade route for 9 credits from a guy in a clan with a hundred members is not​ a good idea?

And he's level 10.. http://mira.astroempires.com/profile.aspx?player=7407

They're all over the place. Risk is your call. If he's level 10, he's probably got another planet somewhere.

Definitely. Meh, 9 credits is hardly anything anyway.

Kai-
    Xnargox
    Random
    Fury2

^ Identified aggresive players that need their faces smashed in so that we can abuse the non-aggresive players in peace and security.
    Last edited by Wraith; 06-02-2012 at 12:32 AM.

I'mma going to go ahead and add Fury2 to the list. He's pillaging and occupying the home base of someone else in Khend's system, Gundamn of the sadly misnamed guild PEACE. Fury-squared is part of a substantially larger guild though.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Rand your base was conquered it seems. By one corvette.. did you not have defenses?

All our base are belong to them?

Well it sucks he left his base this undefended, because not only did he lose a lot of money, our enemies now DO have a lot of money.

Did he lose a lot of money? I thought the attacker takes much more than the defender loses?
    Hope is the denial of reality

Really? Didn't know that. Still, that means our enemies are richer. Which sucks

We have three days to remove Rand's attacker from our galaxy. If we go past that before defeating him, there's a chance he'll upgrade his account, and will be much less inclined to surrender after that. I think we need to start gearing up our war machine. Set the target invasion time for 36 hours from the time of this post.

Er...will I be fighting alone? Do you guys want me to not fight?

I will gear up my war machine ASAP, researching stuff now so I can build destroyers. Would be best to get either frigates or cruisers I think (they can bring fighters/bombers), but that requires a lot of expensive tech...

I have no war machine... I may be able to send a few ships... corvettes...? ...by that time.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

I'm thinking the best thing to do at this stage of the game is to either focus on corvettes, or frigates/bombers. The first costs 120 credits for 24/24, the second is 120 credits for 28/20.

That's an offense ratio of .2 and .23 respectively, with defences at .2 and .16. Offense will probably be better as we're not going to be able to field units with enough shields to matter by then, and the idea will be to destroy missile & plasma turrets as cheaply as possible. Assuming equal tech, the cost for destroying a missile turret will be 400 credits for a corvette unit, and 360 for frigate/bomber groups.

Frigates require a lot of tech though, and missile tech is somewhat of a waste because you only need it for frigates and carriers.

edit: tech's not so bad, it's 159 (assuming you already have missile 1)

BTW, destroyers are equal to corvettes in the ratio, but since they are stronger I assume they are harder to destroy.

Frigates require a lot of tech though, and missile tech is somewhat of a waste because you only need it for frigates and carriers.
    And bombers.

BTW, destroyers are equal to corvettes in the ratio, but since they are stronger I assume they are harder to destroy.
    They're not. They have exactly the same ratios. They're just slower. The only advantage would be if the opponent did more than 4 damage but less than 8, your destroyer would survive but you'd lose 1 of the 2 frigates.

I'm all in favor of firing up the war machine, total domination is the goal, after all.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Er...will I be fighting alone? Do you guys want me to not fight?
    I will be contributing when I can but I HAVE to get another outpost built and with a bit of defense in place before I pass 10. Only way I'll be able to keep the Borg CAGL off me.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

I at about the point where I need to commit to either attacking this guy starting tomorrow-ish, or not attacking/waiting. Which way are we going? Glorious leader, direct me!