Thread: [AE] Kai ~

Default [AE] Kai ~

If anyone has eyes on him, please report here.

Check your scanners every once in a while too.

Also, it seems like he has no intention of accepting the NAP. If you have the opportunity to sack one of his planets, it'd be really awesome if you did so as soon as possible. If you can catch one of his fleets when it's not around any of his planets, that's even better, and you should try to punch him there.

M34:33:12:10 - 15 missile turrets, 36 fighters, 24 bombers, econ 45 (next door to Echo)

M34:43:38:10 - 10 missile turrets, 50 bombers, next to me, econ 42 (next to me)

M34:44:19:10 - 15 missile turrets, 30 fighters, 56 bombers, econ 45 (next door to Fuzzy)

Thats what I can see. And from the battle calculator it appeas it is not profitable to attack those, unless I'm doing something wrong.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Are you factoring in the bomber drop?

If we're going to war, it doesn't really need to be profitable. We just need to make sure his production capacity and economy are kept in check until he can't possibly fight us. Which also needs to happen before his free trial is up.

I'm not really sure howto calculate it - feel free to tell me what fleet I need for any one of them though.

Calculate just the bombers and/or fighters first, then take the results and use that for when you calculate everything else.

Problem is for 60 fighters/bombers I need 15 frigates, that takes time.

So, there are three bases of him that I can see that could be taken with about 60 bombers + frigates and corvettes. Wraith, he also has a base next to you right? Anyone cool with building up fleets overnight and hitting 4 planets at once tomorrow? We will hurt him badly, and piss him off for sure. Each player of us could take one base of his, so we'd need 4 of us with attack fleets. There's one next to my base I could take. Echo has one next to him, as does fuzzy, and you. And he probably has more bases.

So, who's up for a coordinated strike?

I'm alright with it if we can get committal for a coordinated strike + occupation - we'd need him to take his colonies back by force. And then we'd take them right back again - attempt to destroy any fleet present. If we can hold him until Wednesday when his trial expires, we can probably make him quit or restart. If he doesn't, we hold him a couple more days and then we'll be so far past him that he won't stand a chance.

His guildies attempting to help him out could hinder our plans.

Also, we'd need to strike soon, while his planets are still poorly defended.

On the other hand, he hasn't taken any action against us since my strike yesterday.

I'm not sure I have enough fleet to occupy and then attack right back, but I might.

How did he respond to your non aggression proposal? Any attacks since> Otherwise we're a bit assholes for breaking a promise of non aggression.

The person who does the occupation doesn't need to be the person who does the reoccupation. We have more members than he has planets.

Fair enough. What about the other point?

He never accepted. I pushed him for an answer, but he never replied in agreement. It might be implicit agreement since he hasn't done anythng to us since, or it might not be.

I'm not sure I'll have a strong enough fleet to take him by the morning, but it's possible; I'm not colonizing for the next day or so while I consolidate my bases and build up a couple fleets. What kind of numbers would I need?

The fleet at M34:43:38:10 looks like a tough nut to crack - 58 frigates, 90+ fighters, 15 missile turrets.

I might be able to swing M34:44:19:10 by morning, though. I'll have to run things through the calculator - anyone have the link to it again?

I'm not sure I'd be able to build a force capable of taking either http://mira.astroempires.com/map.aspx?loc=M34:44:19:10 or http://mira.astroempires.com/map.aspx?loc=M34:34:60:10 within the time-frame unless their fighter guards are drawn down. I'd need to double my corvettes and build another 10 frigates, so I'd need to stop everything I'm doing and save money for 6 hours and then spend another 8 hours building the units.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

One option is a cascading series of attacks - hit his weakest bases first, then have fleets in nearby sectors take out progressively more powerful bases. He might bleed off some of his strength from the more powerful bases, softening them up for a subsequent hit? Once his base defenses are set to zero, we can pick off his fleet at greater leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    I'm not sure I'd be able to build a force capable of taking either http://mira.astroempires.com/map.aspx?loc=M34:44:19:10 or http://mira.astroempires.com/map.aspx?loc=M34:34:60:10 within the time-frame unless their fighter guards are drawn down. I'd need to double my corvettes and build another 10 frigates, so I'd need to stop everything I'm doing and save money for 6 hours and then spend another 8 hours building the units.
    Try to get carriers. Huge amount of cost-savings.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Yeah, I did some math. Very unlikely I'll have a sufficiently large (and lethal) fleet by morning. I'd be happy to assist in any way I can, though. If he's got any smaller bases I can knock over, I'm definitely in. I've only seen three of them, though. Still searching my five sectors for him.

I'll have carrier tech by the morning. Will only have 1 astro with the 12 Shipyards necessary to build carriers though but if that one does that the others can do Fighters. Won't have any worth their salt until tomorrow night though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    He never accepted. I pushed him for an answer, but he never replied in agreement. It might be implicit agreement since he hasn't done anythng to us since, or it might not be.
    I can attack him in 35 minutes, he left his planet next to me unprotected. If he never replied, that's fair game, no?

You have 30 minutes to give me an okay nor not-okay

Nevermind, he saw me. Meaning I just lost a lot of time before hitting another dude

Uh... looks like he's got a 5k+ fleet coming into that planet in 6 minutes...

Yeah, that 5k planet had just left for another planet to hit, leaving his planet unprotected. My guess? He saw my fleet leaving, figured he could drop the defenses for a bit. As soon as he saw my fleet returning, he returned his. So when my fleet returns, I'll just send it out away again. And he knows I'm hostile, now