Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [AE] Is this fun?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    I have no intention of paying to upgrade myself. I may continue for a while on the Free, don't know yet, but this isn't enough fun to be worth both time AND money.
    This sums it up perfectly for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    So my account expires today. I have no intention of paying to re-upgrade. How hated would I be if I decided to just end it all in a blaze of blood and glory?
    If you do this, remember to downgrade your buildings when you start, that way you leave nothing for them to pillage. Don't disband the planets, because then they can't claim them either.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    This sums it up perfectly for me.

If you do this, remember to downgrade your buildings when you start, that way you leave nothing for them to pillage. Don't disband the planets, because then they can't claim them either.
    Well, don't disband them until we can park outpost ships on them anyway.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

They'd only stay unclaimed for 15 days.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

<contemplates upgrading everyone for one month. Mwuahahahaha!!!>

Are you twisting your beard and laughing evilly as you say that?

Well if you guys are all quitting ... I'll give it a bit longer but don't expect to stay if everyone else goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Well, I'm free now. The game didn't turn out to be as fun as I was hoping. The best part of this for me was getting to play with all you guys. We should do it again sometime! Only, not on a game that can't be turned off.

So. Blood and glory. Any preferred targets? Kai hasn't hit us since our trouble with him, so I think maybe I should go abuse somebody else. Random, maybe? I'll be moving around with a fleet of about 14k I think - carriers and heavy cruisers included, so I should be able to make him pretty miserable. Any preferred targets from the people who will be staying a bit longer?

Kai came into my system with a huge fleet, causing me to disband my best planet. Don't know if he wanted me or the other one to begin with, but I still dislike him.

And yes, a less time-consuming game with everyone would be swell.

Yes! YES!!
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

That's not free, though.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    I think I'll stay a bit longer, build up a huge fleet - and then annoy some random guy before downgrading everything.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Guild Wars 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Yes! YES!!
    One of you set it up.

I've not been able to get on for last few hours. Anyone else having problems?
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    One of you set it up.
    Release date set for late this year.

Should do it though. The fun part is having you lot around.

Oh. Sorry, I haven't really been following the game. I might join in if you guys are doing it though. Whichever one of you sets it up, just let me know and I'll provide whatever forum/site support you want/need.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    I've not been able to get on for last few hours. Anyone else having problems?
    http://www.theworldforgotten.com/showthread.php?t=2694

At least I am.
    . . .

Anyone up for a game of PBEM SE5 in the mean time?

Am I the only one that likes that game?

Oh. I see.

$19.99 isn't free.

Now if you want me to play a $2.99 game I won't like, then we'll talk.

I think I'm going to continue this for a while on Free. I'm finding it fun still and the penalties for the Free account aren't too bad. The queue is essentially 3 (1 you're doing +2 more)which isn't bad and most of the Empire functions I used are still there.

If I decide to upgrade every so often (Eg to get past caps) may do what Loki said and just 1 month.

I don't really miss the upgraded features to be honest. The scanners is the only one I used regularly, and it doesn't seem that useful (unless you're always around to check).

I do need to get rid of Random to make playing this game worthwhile. Can't figure out a way to get past his 10 ion turrets (and others) along with ~200 fighters.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Coordinated assault?
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Sure. I could hit him with 4 waves of 60 fighters, but not much more. You can all send the invading force to my Westphalia (M34:17:38:21) so he won't see it coming.

Who's planning to continue playing this game?

For those who'd prefer a fantasy-style game, I played http://mightandmagicheroeskingdoms.ubi.com/en/ this game before, and it was substantially better than Astro Empires. The two problems were that I was playing it alone, and that you can "buy" things for real money to make your cities better.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Who's planning to continue playing this game?

For those who'd prefer a fantasy-style game, I played http://mightandmagicheroeskingdoms.ubi.com/en/ this game before, and it was substantially better than Astro Empires. The two problems were that I was playing it alone, and that you can "buy" things for real money to make your cities better.
    Fantasy > Sci Fi but that uses Flash it appears? No good for me.

They say it is iPhone compatible so I guess the game itself doesn't actually use Flash. If others want to give it a go, I can.

Anyone else wants to play? It's basically a multi-player Heroes game. You choose a race, build castles, build dwellings, upgrade dwellings to get more advanced creatures, mine for various types of resources, research tech, level up heroes, fight lots of NPCs, and either fight very hard and aggressive computer dwellings or other people.