Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [AE] Diplomacy

Default [AE] Diplomacy

"Hey, what do you say we merge our guilds? You know we don't stand a slight change against other guilds this way? So why have two small guilds instead of a big one? Please think about this hard enough, because it's the only way to advance."

This is the guild: http://mira.astroempires.com/guild.aspx?guild=298

Any thoughts? Has anyone attacked this guild's members? Any of them in your systems?
    Hope is the denial of reality

I don't think I've seen them around. I'd be alright with it, if everyone else is, provided that since we're the bigger guild they'd be joining us and not the other way around.

I'd be alright with it I suppose, though it might be a smart idea to work together first and see what they are like? If that's possible.

Oh and if there is a merger, surely we will use these forums and get them active in the other subforums as well?
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

I would find this acceptable as well (if they are joining us, etc.)
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    I would find this acceptable as well (if they are joining us, etc.)
    Hey look, it's that Reaver fella who wanted us to be a sub-guild to his one-man army of darkness. He abandoned that plan right quick apparently.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

I noticed that shortly after posting this thread.

Aye or nay for asking them to join us?

Do you retain leadership? Do they seem treacherous? I find it difficult to imagine someone taking this game seriously enough to want to cooperate without having ulterior motives aka. plans for dickery but other than that shoot
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

They're not in much position to hurt any of us. Any one of our top 4 can crush their entire guild.

I'm voting Aye. There's got to be someone we won't hate in there.

I don't see how they can double-cross us. Guild members can't attack one another. And they're all way too weak to attack us after leaving (if they join just to find our coordinates).

We're going to have to clean up what we wrote about reaver if we let them join. Both here and in the Astro forums.

Wouldn't we want to have good, reliable, smart people in our guild rather than just anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Wouldn't we want to have good, reliable, smart people in our guild rather than just anyone?

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

We can require each potential member answer 5 trivia questions.

Didn't we do this in Tribal Wars and a small band of them organized and betrayed us?
    . . .

Really? What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Really? What happened?
    Didn't it essentially go it was us and two other clans in the same area, one was larger than us but we were more organized, and the other was smaller, and offered to join us to defeat the larger clan. We agreed to a merger, and the smaller clan's leader eventually used our board to organize a surprise attack on us during one of our attacks weeks later after the merger, then flipped sides afterwards? A bunch of players that merged with us didn't know what the hell was going on, and either quit, or joined their leader on the larger clans side? We were left with maybe one to two loyal members of the small clan who stuck it out with us?

Besides that you can't lose this game, unlike Tribal Wars.
    . . .

Hahaha! I remember that! Lolli was having fits with their spelling and grammar.

Spelling and grammar aren't complicated.

I don't demand perfection.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

To make this a bit clearer, I'll stage out the events in steps:

1) TWF, Clan A, and Clan B are the only major clans remaining in the area. All other clans are either solo players, or pay fealty to Clan A, the largest of the 3 major clans.

2) Clan B, which is smaller than our TWF clan, proposes a merger. Since we're the larger clan we maintain control of the boards, etc. but Clan B Leader gets to maintain control of former Clan B members, plus gets a say in our policies. Clan B assumes the TWF clan tag.

3) Things are peachy for a few weeks, some former Clan B members no longer like the arrangement and join Clan A. Clan B Leader is still fine with the arrangement, however we have to reign him in every now and then.

4) Another week passes, and we've planned a major raid on Clan A. We set off to battle and assured victory!

5) Clan B Leader had actually been sending our internal Tribal Wars board messages to the leaders of Clan A, and arranged to have them attack us when we'd be out attacking them. Clan B Leader's suggestion of targets for us were actually targets provided by Clan A's leader.

6) We get our asses handed to us. This leads to some of us eventually quitting because in Tribal Wars you could lose, and be forced to restart.

7) Clan B Leader brags about his plan, switches allegiance to Clan A, and most of the remaining former Clan B members join him in Clan A. We're left with I think two loyal former Clan B members.

8) Things go downhill from here, I think I quit a week after this or so.
    . . .

Good thing I wasn't playing. I'm start over, build my city up, and use it to just destroy this traitor. Then I'd quit.

They really can't screw us like that here. I'm pretty sure they're not even in the same galaxy.

How do we make sure they're not the inter-galactic equivalent to DBZers?

Loki, do something about that new applicant.

A) He kind of sucks.
    B) I thought we weren't really continuing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    A) He kind of sucks.
    B) I thought we weren't really continuing this?
    Why did we approve Beverly Hills? Not from a playing standpoint but essentially he:

1) Already had a guild
    2) Is now joining what will likely be a pretty despised or attacked guild in the region
    3) A guild that is going to dissolve quite likely within the month

. . .

If Fury and Random's fleets crash into each other, I think that counts as a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Why did we approve Beverly Hills? Not from a playing standpoint but essentially he:

1) Already had a guild
    2) Is now joining what will likely be a pretty despised or attacked guild in the region
    3) A guild that is going to dissolve quite likely within the month

Because of reasons 2 and 3.

BTW, beverly hills appears to be an alt for Random.

edit: or maybe not?
    Last edited by Wraith; 06-08-2012 at 05:20 PM.

Any reason to think so?

I'm just paranoid. Ignore me.

I've deleted by the way, so I'm out of the game for good now.

I;m going to destroy someone next to me and then delete, too.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!