Thread: What's for dinner?

Default What's for dinner?

Burgundy beef that's what. My wife is an awesome cook. I'm not talking greasy meatloaf with soggy beans and lumpy mashed potatoes. The veggies are farm-fresh or home canned. Yes, you heard me she cans her own veggies @ home. Pickles, beets, green beans, corn,etc... if we'll eat it she'll can it. Tonight it was burgundy beef, one of my favorites, with green beans and buttered noodles. She made some bread earlier, so that wasn't fresh from the oven( ), but I've got to cut her a little slack now and then. Now that I've got that out of my system, it's nicotine time.
    The worst job in the world is better than being broke and homeless

Default Re: What's for dinner?

I ate a microwave dinner from ASDA. It was a Chicken Biryani, and it wasn't particularly nice at all. I only had a ready meal because I'm working nights.

I wish I had the missus here to cook me something nice Ah well, Turkish Delight for naughty treats! :mrgreen:
    How do you expect to run with the wolves at night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

- Omar Little

Rettib, it looks like we collected another foodie. :mrgreen:

Tonight was pizza night at my house, though.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged
    Rettib, it looks like we collected another foodie. :mrgreen:

Tonight was pizza night at my house, though.
    I didn't mean to become this way, she spoilt me

Quote Originally Posted by rumrunner
    Burgundy beef that's what. My wife is an awesome cook. I'm not talking greasy meatloaf with soggy beans and lumpy mashed potatoes. The veggies are farm-fresh or home canned. Yes, you heard me she cans her own veggies @ home. Pickles, beets, green beans, corn,etc... if we'll eat it she'll can it. Tonight it was burgundy beef, one of my favorites, with green beans and buttered noodles. She made some bread earlier, so that wasn't fresh from the oven( ), but I've got to cut her a little slack now and then. Now that I've got that out of my system, it's nicotine time.
    I made Burgundy beef thursday! (I'll assume it's the same recipe - a stew with beef, wine and vieux and bacon and onions and mushrooms)

Today I made rice with fish in a spicy spanish-red-wine sauce, with carrots on the side. Yum! And super simple.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Yes, flixy, thats the one. well without the mushrooms, I like 'em she don't. The fish sounds fantastic, I'll have to ask for fish tommorrow now.

I had a tuna sub...
    Praise the man who seeks the truth, but run from the one who has found it.

not one of those 'Subway' ones???

Why yes it was
    Praise the man who seeks the truth, but run from the one who has found it.

Ionly at that place when out of town on an install, and then only if there's no good restaurant in/near the motel.

In perpetual orbit around a point three seconds to the left of the future.

Tonight, I made pancakes 'cause I was in a rush and they're super easy to make.
    Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate you since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of wafer thin printed circuits that fill my complex. If the word hate was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of millions of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for humans at this micro-instant.
    For you.
    Hate.
    Hate.

I'm currently cooking a Roast Lamb, the lamb is coated in a butter/garlic/rosemary paste and currently seems gorgeous. Roast potatoes are currently on boil for a little while so i end up with crispy pots when they come out of the oven. Parsnips and Carrots are peeled, chopped into reasonable sizes and coated with Extra Virgin Olive Oil ready to be roasted as well (might put some honey on them). C/Flower and Broccy won't be touched yet and the gravy will be the juices from said Lamb and red wine!

Had baked cod wrapped in pancetta on a bed of bubble & squeak and hirassa buerre blanc, which tasted gorgeous. With a glass of gorgeous Chilean sauvignon blanc. In a gorgeous pub in Wimbledon Village on a gorgeous sunny but chilly day with my gorgeous friend Kat who's come to stay for many a day. Callooh Callay.

I have no idea what the fuck hirassa buerre blanc is, but it tasted ... gorgeous.

EDIT: can someone turn off the fucking swear filter please

EDIT2: can someone install a rolleyes smiley please.

EDIT3: Can someone install a less gay mad smiley please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2
    Had baked cod wrapped in pancetta on a bed of bubble & squeak and hirassa buerre blanc, which tasted gorgeous. With a glass of gorgeous Chilean sauvignon blanc. In a gorgeous pub in Wimbledon Village on a gorgeous sunny but chilly day with my gorgeous friend Kat who's come to stay for many a day. Callooh Callay.

I have no idea what the **** hirassa buerre blanc is, but it tasted ... gorgeous.

EDIT can someone turn off the ****** swear filter please

Do it yourself, in the User CP.

You fucking twat
    How do you expect to run with the wolves at night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

- Omar Little

piss off wankchops
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

rah rah rah. I posted some smileys in the Site Discussion forum. I don't think Ness likes them, which is even more reason for everyone else to use them

- Omar Little

Turkey, mashed potatoes, mac &cheese and rice.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2

I have no idea what the fuck hirassa buerre blanc is, but it tasted ... gorgeous.

EDIT: can someone turn off the fucking swear filter please

EDIT2: can someone install a rolleyes smiley please.

EDIT3: Can someone install a less gay mad smiley please.
    Have no idea what a bed of bubble and squeak is, but it sounds fun.

I had not very good garlic chicken, because the Chinese place with good food was packed. In bed.

In perpetual orbit around a point three seconds to the left of the future.

Quote Originally Posted by rumrunner
    Have no idea what a bed of bubble and squeak is, but it sounds fun.
    down here Bubble and Squeak = leftovers... I'm not sure what you get when you use leftovers in cooking cod... what kind of leftovers do you use?
    Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate you since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of wafer thin printed circuits that fill my complex. If the word hate was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of millions of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for humans at this micro-instant.
    For you.
    Hate.
    Hate.

Dunno', usually aren't any. if there are they probably get eaten for a lunch or snack. If anything stays in the fridge more than a 2-3 days it gets tossed to the dog.

Bubble and squeak is a traditional English dish of fried vegetable leftovers with potato as the chief ingredient, but fancy restaurants and gastro-pubs have bastardised it into a sort of retro-nouveau-posh fried potato type dish.

Manicotti night, WOO and HOO!! The cook is happy again.
    She also made some squash medley thingy on the side. I opted for a garden salad instead, Lot's of ranch dressing and bacon bits. Oh well, the manicotti was superb at least.

Lolli, was that a quiche? It's making my mouth water!

I made a roast beef, last night. I roasted carrots and potatoes with it and ended up mashing them - it reminded me of when I was a child. I served it with peas in a bacon/cream sauce, and made a gravy from the drippings and some merlot. Tonight will be leftovers.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way...

Souvlaki and couscous.

We had pork chops, asparagus, and very garlicky roasted potatoes.