Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [MMHK] Basic Questions

You can only build a city with ranks in dominion. Dominion increases not only with more troops, but also with more buildings. Some buildings give quite substantial dominion.

http://mmhk.jactari.info/buildings
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    You can only build a city with ranks in dominion. Dominion increases not only with more troops, but also with more buildings. Some buildings give quite substantial dominion.

Best building I can build so far for domination, I already have! Anyway, managed to win another fight with +55% As far as buildings go, I'm building a magic guild for 900 domination, which is not bad I suppose, except I need 13.000 more...
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Are you certain? I've reached level 1 rank in wealth and honor, but not dominion. It now shows for both wealth and honor rank 2 "max cities: 2".
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Are you certain? I've reached level 1 rank in wealth and honor, but not dominion. It now shows for both wealth and honor rank 2 "max cities: 2".
    I reached the level with honor before dominion, and it didn't let me build. Maybe that was for another reason though.

Can you actually build the city (when you go to settle new city, does it say "maximum cities: 2"?

Edit: according to the guide, you're correct. No idea why it wouldn't let me build an extra city after getting a level of honor.
    Last edited by Loki; 06-11-2012 at 09:29 AM.

Getting 20 members, even temporarily, would give each of us 10k in in-game gold. If anyone here hasn't joined, we're onto you.
    Last edited by Loki; 06-11-2012 at 09:48 AM.

I'm still rank 1 on honor/wealth and 0 on dominion so can't build yet until they go up.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

I really wish the gift of Asha was less random. Some people are really getting screwed by it.

I just keep getting resources, but the silo cap is a lot lower than the resources given - so kind of useless.

I got honor rank 2,.while still domination level zero, and i could build a second city.

I got resources once (= crap), and gold twice. Wouldn't mind getting units!

I really wish the gift of Asha was less random. Some people are really getting screwed by it.
    But, really, what fun would it be if She gave you what you needed every time?

What's magic like? My main hero has zero magic and never will, I have a second hero who has very weak magic - built the mage school but would need to assign him a spell school it seems to give him even basic spells and that seems a waste.

What's magic like? My main hero has zero magic and never will, I have a second hero who has very weak magic - built the mage school but would need to assign him a spell school it seems to give him even basic spells and that seems a waste.
    Well, there is a quest for using magic in a battle, the reward is a bunch of units. And you need it to finish the combat quests.

All three of my heroes have strong magic. I know how to use one spell with them, and that one is pretty cool. I can summon a cavalry unit in a battle, with a power of 110 times the magic points that hero has (which goes up to 60 in the end, and is about 10 now). That is a pretty useful spell, but I Can use it only once in 12 hours (per hero). You might want to get a third hero soon anyway, I'd go with one who also has strong magic. I mean, my spell is useful now, while it's a level one spell used by a hero who has 1/6th of his maximum magic points and hardly any skill points spent on magic skills. I imagine it gets quite powerful later.

Maybe it because I'm Inferno but every Hero I've seen at the Tavern ranges from none to weak magic.

Rand, the destruction magic is pretty good, but you do need heroes that have well over 10 in the magic attribute to have any effect.

Maybe it because I'm Inferno but every Hero I've seen at the Tavern ranges from none to weak magic.
    Maybe just unlucky? I had strong ones in magic and fighting. Weak or no defense, but hey, I'm protected for a few weeks anyway.

By the way, these NPC armies get pretty damn strong

Heroes' attributes go up at a different pace. As long as they only have 2 attributes (i.e. only offense and magic or only defense and magic), the magic attribute will eventually hit 60 points. For some, the growth is quicker at early levels. For others it increases at the middle levels.

My problem is that I don't really have strong single stacks. My army together is okay, but the single stacks are not strong. This is fine when fighting off masses of weak creatures, but when I'm up against a dragon, each stack is individually too weak to kill it, so I can't defeat it

Better pray to Asha extra hard tonight.

Just founded second city (got there through Honor first/only and it allowed it, still Ra1 on Domination/Wealth).

The monsters defending the mines/spaces in this second region are much more powerful.

Heroes' attributes go up at a different pace. As long as they only have 2 attributes (i.e. only offense and magic or only defense and magic), the magic attribute will eventually hit 60 points. For some, the growth is quicker at early levels. For others it increases at the middle levels.
    No, I'm referring to the maximum. I've never seen offence/magic or defence/magic but I've seen a few offence/defence. The most magic I've seen is "weak" so it'd max out at 30 points of magic at level 40.

EDIT: It takes forever to move heroes between cities. After founding second I decided to move my main hero over (as he'd be much stronger at clearing out the enemies, I had sent second hero over instead originally expecting them to be no better protected than at the start) but it'll take 42 minutes for him to move diagonally two squares within my area. Asha forbid trying to send some real distance it seems.

I tried Inferno on another server, and I got 2 heroes with all attack/magic. Just keep on rerolling.

It takes half the time if your hero carries no troops. There's also a hero skill to speed up how quickly caravans move between cities.

I'm guessing Attack/Magic would be best for attacking, not attack/defence since defence doesn't come into play at all on an attack?

I'm guessing Attack/Magic would be best for attacking, not attack/defence since defence doesn't come into play at all on an attack?
    Yes. Defense/magic is good for protecting cities from NPCs (don't really need more than one of these for a while). Offense/defense isn't too bad, since magic is rarely a game-breaker. Having all three stats at once is a waste though.

For those with a few dollars in the bank, there's a relatively cheap item in the game store that lets you change the class of the hero (i.e. change them to a class that only has offense/magic or defense/magic). It's called reassignment and costs 168 seals, which is about a pound.

When I do a fight there's a button on top saying Bonus and "17d remaining", its been ticking down. Anyone know what that means?

At this stage I'm guessing it'd be cheaper/more efficient to get upgraded production buildings in one city only and simply get as many production buildings in the other? That way can eg produce Imps in the second and transfer and upgrade to Familiars in the first. At least until resources and time are no issue.

Yeah, that's generally my strategy.

There's a skill under Leader that says "increases units daily income by 3 a day" - AFAIK units don't generate income or do? Does that mean they'll start to make one then?

It means you produce 3 more units per day. I.E. Instead of making 7 hell hounds per day, you'll make 10. It's quite useful for high rank units. It would increase production of pit fiends from 2 to 5 a day for example.

http://mmhk.jactari.info/fight?info=...AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

This is how you use a battle calculator.

About to board a flight to Egypt. Back in a week, have fun!