Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [MMHK] Basic Questions

Default [MMHK] Basic Questions

Enjoying this much more than AE so far, bit more confusing at times though.

Currently trying to clear neighbouring wild areas (got the 4 mines already) and they're giving some resources - is there any way to know in advance what resources you'll get?
    One of those attacks took me to (and would have beyond) my ore limit, so wasted an ore (cap of 18, was on 16 and got +3 to get to 18) - can/how do you raise your limit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

You have to build storehouses to increase your capacity. And you can sell excess resources if you have a marketplace. You might have to kill some monsters in your city to start building them, and you can only build one thing at a time per city
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Aye. Currently building my Goblin Workshop so that I can finally recruit some units. I would also take care not to clear too much - if you mouseover an area, it shows the type of ressource you'll get beside the NPC power.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Rand, when you drag your mouse over a hostile territory, it will show the total power of the creatures at the bottom of the troop numbers. To the right of that, you see the resource you'll get from killing them.

Edit: I see Khen beat me to it.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Three keys to fighting. First, infantry > cavalry, cavalry > archers, archers > infantry. You get a 50% power bonus if you have the advantage.

Second, your first stack fights the enemy's first stack. After that, the winning stack fights the other's second stack, and so on. It's not first stack vs. first stack, second stack vs. second stack.

Third, you permanently lose 30% of the troops that die in combat, but this number is rounded down. That means if you lose 6 troops, the number is 1.8, which gets rounded down to 1. If you lose 7 troops, then you permanently lose 2. The key numbers of troops to have fighting is 6, 9, and 13 (which loses you 1, 2, and 3 troops respectively). If possible, split your armies (click slash under monster number) to consist of groups of 6 (if not possible, groups of 6 and 9, and if not possible 6, 9, and 13; only use other numbers if these don't work).

Have a look at the available skills. Some are really useful. You want to get Enlister level 3 as soon as possible, as it allows all new heroes to start with 3 extra skill points. There are also skills to increase the amount of money you get from selling resources to the marketplace, decrease the time caravans travel (it's how you send resources from one town to another), how quickly you build things, etc. On the fighting side, you want to have the magic skill of what ever magic school your race specializes in. Leader has a skill that increases the odds of having neutrals from same race as you joining you (instead of fighting you); the default the percentage is 20%, and it could go up to 47%. Knight has some great offensive skills. In case you're wondering, taking the general category of the skill doesn't actually provide you with any immediate benefit. But it allows you to get skills within that tree.

Are you 100% sure its rounded down and not rounded up? If I lose 1, then I lose that one. If I lose 3 I still lose one 1.

What category type is Enlister under? I started with Fighter for my first Hero and one of the Builder types for my second (who's still level 1, just upgrading mines.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Are you 100% sure its rounded down and not rounded up? If I lose 1, then I lose that one. If I lose 3 I still lose one 1.

What category type is Enlister under? I started with Fighter for my first Hero and one of the Builder types for my second (who's still level 1, just upgrading mines.
    If you lose even 1 soldier, you lose 1 permanently. Forgot that part.

It's under landlord.

The builder thing applies to everyone in the city. So there's no need to have 2 people in the same city having it. The effect isn't cumulative.

So if you clear out a part of your c ity and get some units as a reward... You don't actually get them until you click Okay in the message in your inbox. I just went through my old messages for some extra units
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

If you upgrade your unit building, is it still possible to train the weaker version of that unit?

I upgraded my Imp (Infantry) facility to Familiars (Shooters). Now I can train Familiars which is good as I've had no shooters at all, but now I can't train Imps any more, meaning I can't train any Infantry any more until I uncover anything else. Is it one or the other, or is there a way to manually select to train the weaker unit?

Yes, you can. There should be a button or picture letting you change to the other unit.

Yes I see, its the mini-portrait under the main portrait.

You guys who've built a second city already, did you complete quests until it told you to or have you just done it? I don't seem to be anywhere close to that yet (have just taken all inner-fields, now it wants me to do the outer-fields not started them yet).

Don't you have "create a new city" as a quest?

Edit: This quest becomes available after you have reached rank 2, in either of the 3 paths in the game, Domination, Wealth or Honor

Wait for the quest to appear. Otherwise, you don't get the reward.

Edit 2: Wait, you can't even build a second city until you're rank 2 in dominion.

For those of you wondering about when you can build better structures: that is decided by the "level" of your town. Each time you build a structure in your town, the level of your town goes up by 1. Go here: http://mmhk.jactari.info/buildings for level requirements for new buildings. An added bonus of getting a higher city level is that each time a new building opens up for construction, you have to liberate it from monsters. When you beat them, you get a few of your own creatures as a reward.

I've seen Domination/Wealth/Honor a few times. Apparently my main attribute is Honor, second is Domination etc but not sure how that's determined/what it means. Also what do you mean rank 2 in that? I assume there's a threshold of points? I have 19,310 domination points, 103,526 wealth but only 4,997 honor points - which is completely backwards to how I should be aiming it seems.

That's for unions and bonus points in the next round. Don't worry about it for now. I'm not quite sure how they decide it.

Edit: I think the order is set by your ranking in each category, not the raw number. They're also updated every hours at best.

Again what do you mean by ranking? Ranking against other players, set targets or ...???

Your ranking in one category relative to your ranking in others. Say you're ranked 300 in dominion, 320 in wealth, and 340 in honor. Then your main attribute is dominion, your second one is wealth, and the third is honor. Click on "my profile", and then on "unions" to see the purpose of this.

http://www.hommk.net/indexscript.php

According to Icky the resource finder is very good, but the in-game fight simulator is golden! You can play with your numbers, check the results, and it gave me an edge to have some pretty good battles with small armies.

Don't install the other scripts though, when I first installed simply all of them the game didn't load properly anymore. I just use the resource finder and the fight simulator.

LOKI!

Dude!

Thanks for your help and tips. I think I understand battle much more, and I have cleared the monsters from my city, so I can get back to building. But I am sorta screwed again because I only have two archers now, and have recieved cavalry for all my battles.

Fuckers!

Keep on recruiting. You'll hit a critical mass at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    http://www.hommk.net/indexscript.php

According to Icky the resource finder is very good, but the in-game fight simulator is golden! You can play with your numbers, check the results, and it gave me an edge to have some pretty good battles with small armies.

Don't install the other scripts though, when I first installed simply all of them the game didn't load properly anymore. I just use the resource finder and the fight simulator.
    Just installed that, the fight simulator is amazing.

It seems that if you're fighting a very strong enemy unit (eg I was just pitted against an army ending in 1 bone dragon) that even if you kill 95% of the dragon in one round, the next round its back to full health. That I assume is why I had previously lost some fights I'd thought I'd win. Can anyone confirm that mechanism, that units are fully healed between rounds?

What (if anything) are you building in your region spaces? So far I've built a T1 Dwelling (level 1) and a Field, though it seems you can't upgrade fields so not sure that's the best investment. Got lots of other blank spaces with nothing in yet.

Just installed that, the fight simulator is amazing.

It seems that if you're fighting a very strong enemy unit (eg I was just pitted against an army ending in 1 bone dragon) that even if you kill 95% of the dragon in one round, the next round its back to full health. That I assume is why I had previously lost some fights I'd thought I'd win. Can anyone confirm that mechanism, that units are fully healed between rounds?
    Yes, individual units fully heal between rounds (and the entire army heals between fights if you don't win).

Let me just reaffirm that fighting without using the fight simulator is suicidal.

What (if anything) are you building in your region spaces? So far I've built a T1 Dwelling (level 1) and a Field, though it seems you can't upgrade fields so not sure that's the best investment. Got lots of other blank spaces with nothing in yet.
    Nothing as of yet. I don't think it's very cost-effective at this point. The mine structures get more useful once your mines are at higher levels. The dwellings ones aren't a bad idea once you have more money. The one that allows resources to automatically go to another town is useful later on. But for now, I wouldn't bother with any except perhaps with the dwelling ones if you have money to waste and don't have many troops.

Fields may be quite useful afterall, if well placed. A field's influence on a dwelling scales to the dwellings level, eg my T1 Dwelling is between two mines with a Field next to it in the outer-row. If I upgrade the Dwelling to level 2 then the fields influence on that will be 20% etc - can have 3 dwellings surrounding the 1 field.

EDIT: No, its just a flat 20% nevermind. Still 20% on three dwellings may work well.

True, it does seem like a good deal over the long run. Don't you need upgraded forms of dwellings to build the structures though? I'm just focusing on getting new unit buildings at this point, though the shortage of money is forcing me build resource silos.

Not so far anyway no, could get the Dwelling and Field without any pre-reqs.

That's probably because you already have the upgraded building for familiars. Can you actually build a dwelling for horned demons?

I've gained a rank in both Honor and Wealth, but I still can't build a new city.. Considering I don't have a big enough army to fight off the remaining NPCs off my patch, there's not much I can do right now. Could upgrade my mines even more, or build something on the land i did free.