Thread: Brown telling porkies, Middle Eastern pigs could fly ...

Default Brown telling porkies, Middle Eastern pigs could fly ...

Not sure how many bad jokes to fit into the thread title, but does anyone believe this, from a TV interview:

Piers Morgan: What’s been the best present you weren’t allowed to keep?

Prime Minister Brown: Er, I think the different governments in the Middle East send huge presents. One actually, after a dinner, was a full pig that they actually sent, that had been roasted.
    I don't believe it. Neither a Muslim Middle-Eastern nation, nor Jewish Israel would ever send a full roasted pig as a present . By both religions that would be extremely insulting, would it not?

Well many of the Stans are officially secular, officially neutral on religious matters;

Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikstan, Kyrgystan, Kazakhstan

Besides, why on earth would he lie ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Maybe it was regifted from a Christian nation.

Getting a full roasted pig would be awesome!

Sony's needs to pay attention to stuff like this, before they try another dead sheep for the news stunt.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Not sure how many bad jokes to fit into the thread title, but does anyone believe this, from a TV interview:

I don't believe it. Neither a Muslim Middle-Eastern nation, nor Jewish Israel would ever send a full roasted pig as a present . By both religions that would be extremely insulting, would it not?
    Secular Middle-Eastern country? Could be he mixed up what country/region it came from too.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    Secular Middle-Eastern country? Could be he mixed up what country/region it came from too.
    It sounds highly improbably, or, as Rand says wasn't really intended as a nice gesture. I could not think of any government in the Middle East giving something like that to somebody they held in high regard. I doubt even if you could even get a pig in half of these countries. In most of them buying pork is a task already.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    It sounds highly improbably, or, as Rand says wasn't really intended as a nice gesture. I could not think of any government in the Middle East giving something like that to somebody they held in high regard. I doubt even if you could even get a pig in half of these countries. In most of them buying pork is a task already.
    I recall when swine flu was first in the news, during the Mexico outbreak, reading that the Egyptian government went about and killed all their pigs. It was an example of mis-informed hysteria. Egypt is laregly muslim, no? While technically in Africa, isn't Egypt typically lumped with the Middle-East in terms of troublsome states. That's the sort of error that could happen.... But whatever. I like the idea it was an insult much better. People are so fun.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    I recall when swine flu was first in the news, during the Mexico outbreak, reading that the Egyptian government went about and killed all their pigs. It was an example of mis-informed hysteria. Egypt is laregly muslim, no?
    It wasn't misinformation on the government's end. It was the government using the outbreak hysteria againist non-Muslims.

er, aren't there groups of christian palestinians??
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    er, aren't there groups of christian palestinians??
    Yes, but they don't have a state, so I doubt their government exchanges gifts. On the Egypt situation OG is right.
    Congratulations America

Been reports in the UK about Brown's violent temper and his abusing and bullying staff. Tales consist of screaming at people's faces, throwing Nokia's against walls (smashed 3 apparently), pulling a female member of staff from her chair, hitting someone and after he was snubbed by President Obama he launched into a verbally abusive tirade against a member of staff, while semi-naked. Reports the head of the Civil Service gave him a 'warning' for his abuse and head of a national bullying charity has said she's received multiple calls asking for advice from some of his staff.

Taiwan have made an amusing reconstruction (wait about 30 secs then it starts)

Brown is the Batman.

Why is there "Fucking Ego" in big red letters scrolling across?
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London