Thread: Taxes fix everything!!!! This is so bad it's laughable.

Default Taxes fix everything!!!! This is so bad it's laughable.

My god, a Republican state has figured out how to stop terrorism…..

Tax the fuckers!!!

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/south...a-2569751.html

South Carolina has a terrorist registration law. So if you are part of Al-Queda or the Tamil Tigers, or Jamiat-e Islami or any other subversive or terrorist group you need to fill out some forms and paperwork and pay a $5 registration fee to the state of South Carolina.
    The South Carolina terrorist registration law is actually called the Subversive Activities Registration Act. Section 23-29-20 of the Act says:
    (1) "Subversive organization" means every corporation, society, association, camp, group, bund, political party, assembly, body or organization, composed of two or more persons, which directly or indirectly advocates, advises, teaches or practices the duty, necessity or propriety of controlling, conducting, seizing or overthrowing the government of the United States, of this State or of any political subdivision thereof by force or violence or other unlawful means;
    (2) "Organization subject to foreign control" means every corporation, society, association, camp, group, bund, political party, assembly, body or other organization, composed of two or more persons, which comes within either of the following:
    (a) it solicits or accepts financial contributions, loans or support of any kind directly or indirectly from, or is affiliated directly or indirectly with, a foreign government or a political subdivision thereof, an agent, agency or instrumentality of a foreign government or political subdivision thereof, a political party in a foreign country or an international political organization or
    (b) its policies, or any of them, are determined by or at the suggestion of, or in collaboration with, a foreign government or political subdivision thereof, an agent, agency or instrumentality of a foreign government or a political subdivision thereof, a political party in a foreign country or an international political organization;
    (3) "Foreign agent" means any person whose actions, or any of them, are determined by or at the suggestion of, or in collaboration with, a foreign government or political subdivision thereof, an instrumentality or agency of a foreign government or political subdivision thereof, a political party in a foreign country or an international political organization; and
    The real kicker of the South Carolina terrorist registration act are Sections 23-29-50 and 23-29-60
    "SECTION 23-29-50. Registration by subversive and foreign-controlled organizations.
    Every subversive organization and organization subject to foreign control shall register with the Secretary of State on forms prescribed by him within thirty days after coming into existence in this State.
    SECTION 23-29-60. Registration of members of subversive and foreign-controlled organizations.
    Every member of a subversive organization, or an organization subject to foreign control, every foreign agent and every person who advocates, teaches, advises or practices the duty, necessity or propriety of controlling, conducting, seizing or overthrowing the government of the United States, of this State or of any political subdivision thereof by force or violence or other unlawful means, who resides, transacts any business or attempts to influence political action in this State, shall register with the Secretary of State on the forms and at the times prescribed by him."
    This will definitely quell the massive spread of terrorism in my beautiful country. And a bassackwards Conservative state to boot!!! Way to make Southerners look good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    It's not okay to shoot an innocent bank clerk but shooting a felon to death is commendable and do you should receive a reward rather than a punishment

wtf. You know this is going to end up on Cracked somehow with all the form boxes filled in with "DEATH TO TEH AMERICANS!" with an approved stamp on top. I almost hope some terrorist group has the balls to register, then after a few months blows up something on American soil.

but that addition of "policital party" in all of this is just screaming to be abused. Isn't the goal of most policital parties to control the government?

I just wonder how will IRS collect taxes from suicide ones...
    Will they collect taxes in advance?
    Or can they collect taxes in hell??

(a) it solicits or accepts financial contributions, loans or support of any kind directly or indirectly from, or is affiliated directly or indirectly with, a foreign government or a political subdivision thereof, an agent, agency or instrumentality of a foreign government or political subdivision thereof, a political party in a foreign country or an international political organization or
    Bailed out banks in foreign countries that did some lobbying in US against financial reform are terrorists then...
    They tried to "advocate, teach, advise or practice the duty, necessity or propriety of controlling, conducting, seizing or overthrowing the government of the United States".
    Last edited by ar81; 02-12-2010 at 05:10 PM.

The end of that paragraph is "by unlawful means".
    "Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink, because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Spawnie View Post
    The end of that paragraph is "by unlawful means".
    Catch 22, it's unlawful to be a terrorist. Since they have been defined as terrorists then their means are unlawful.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by ImAnOgre View Post
    My god, a Republican state has figured out how to stop terrorism…..

Tax the fuckers!!!
    By tax, do you mean the $5 registration fee?

I think you misunderstand the way this law is supposed to work. The fee isn't designed to discourage terrorism. In fact, my guess is its set purposefully low so the terrorists won't shy away from registering themselves due to the expense. The real genius of this law is the way it will trick all these bad actors into revealing themselves, then the police can just arrest them without having to waste dwindling government resources on things like vigilance and investigations. Brilliant. I'd love to see how many people have actually registered!
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

How the fuck you did you get taxes from that?
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    How the fuck you did you get taxes from that?
    He's a lolbertarian

Taxes = GUBMEANT STEALING SWEAT OFF BROW
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

This whole thing is actually a pretty fascinating case study in Chinese whispers.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

I bet libertarians will oppose such taxes because of their ideology...

Steely, Ness, are you guys really that dumb? I've thought for years you guys were smarter then me on just about everything except volleyball, and finance. Now simple terms such as taxation falls in that as well?

tax - definition of tax - A fee charged (\levied\) by a government on a product, income, or activity. The activity is being a member of the a terrorist organization. It's a tiny amount, but still a tax. I'm assuming you are playing with me, but then again.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    It's not okay to shoot an innocent bank clerk but shooting a felon to death is commendable and do you should receive a reward rather than a punishment

I don't think that was meant to include something done in exchange for something else.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

I don't think that was meant to include something done in exchange for something else.
    It's like a hunting license. Gubment stealing the sweat from the aspergy, useless working man's sloped unibrow.
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Yeah!

Hang on, "aspergy" ?
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

PS, this law is over 53 years old and has nothing to do with terrorists.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by ImAnOgre View Post
    Steely, Ness, are you guys really that dumb? I've thought for years you guys were smarter then me on just about everything except volleyball, and finance. Now simple terms such as taxation falls in that as well?

tax - definition of tax - A fee charged (\levied\) by a government on a product, income, or activity. The activity is being a member of the a terrorist organization. It's a tiny amount, but still a tax. I'm assuming you are playing with me, but then again.....
    Its only five bucks though.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

PS, this law is over 53 years old and has nothing to do with terrorists.

I agree with the second part of the title by the way
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

It's a pretty smart thing to have a law like this on the books. Nothing like easy to prove small transgressions that can help you keep people behind bars when you have trouble proving complicity in 9/11 type activities. Or course this isn't about the tax or the fee payable, it's about the transgression. Remember Capone?
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    It's a pretty smart thing to have a law like this on the books. Nothing like easy to prove small transgressions that can help you keep people behind bars when you have trouble proving complicity in 9/11 type activities. Or course this isn't about the tax or the fee payable, it's about the transgression. Remember Capone?
    Well, that and simply trying to create a chilling effect on open advocacy of communism by demanding everyone engaging in such advocacy provide all their personal information in an environment they know is hostile. Kind of an moronic inverse corollary to Tocqueville's rhetorical comment that America will always be free as long as people will form committees. "If you keep them from forming official committees, they can't be successful."
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"