Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Stupidest political comment this election

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    That would be massive selection bias. The factors that lead a woman to not have an abortion are presumably correlated to the factors that make a woman not regret not having an abortion.
    You could of waited for GGT to respond. =/

A) You assume she'd read your post carefully enough to understand your point.
    B) You assume she'll read my post carefully enough to understand my point.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    You could of waited for GGT to respond. =/
    Could have
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Would your opinion change if a majority of women who keep their babies conceived by rape considered them blessings? Just curious.
    No, I'd still be pro-choice. I'm against legislation that would outlaw abortion, or make it legal only in certain circumstances/exceptions as decided by legislators.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20202686

I wonder if the guy who supports the death penalty for children would approve of this.

Religion of peace, everyone
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Looks like Akin cost himself the election.

Looks like Akin cost himself the election.
    So did Mourdock. And I can only hope that coot in Louisiana did too.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20202686

I wonder if the guy who supports the death penalty for children would approve of this.
    I think the parents should be made examples of. Not jail - death. Anyone who would do this to their own child doesn't deserve to breathe.

Sickening
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

As Representative Todd Akin of Missouri might put it, when a candidate emerges with offensive views about rape, “the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.” Namely, they vote Democratic.

That quote and image has been flooding social sites.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."