Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Guild Wars 2

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Someone needs to explain to me how you PvP?

World v World, apparently?

Do you just go to a p'ticular location?

Other kinds of PvP, like battlegrounds?
    There's two types: World vs. World (WvW) and Structured PvP (sPvP). To get in the first, there's a WvW button in the toolbar on the top left of the screen, towards the right. Click that, and you'll be able to see the current stats and join in. You can do this from anywhere. You'll be able to pick between the eternal battlegrounds (which resets every once in a while), and one of the borderlands (you keep areas you take until somebody takes it back).

To get to sPvP, go into your Hero window, and select the last tab. Then there's a button "enter the mists" or something like that, and it'll take you to a tutorial/setup world, and from there you can pick PvP servers. You'll be set to level 80, given all skills, and given specific equipment in this one.

The difference between the two is that sPvP has fewer players, only two sides, and it keeps everyone on roughly equal footing - your progress in game has no impact on how you do in sPvP. In WvW, there's a lot more players on each side, three sides, and although you're set to level 80, you're limited to your current equipment and skills.

Ok, my name is Crowheart.5784

Still waiting for the ginormous first update to download to make a character and get his name.

So I never heard whether I actually want it or not.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Sent an invite, Crowheart.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    So I never heard whether I actually want it or not.
    Wouldn't you rather it be a surprise?
    Last edited by Wraith; 08-29-2012 at 03:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Wouldn't you rather it be a surprise?
    If someone else is buying, surprises will be lovely. Otherwise, I want to know, because I can always spend my $60 on books instead.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    What made GW so much fun for me is coming into it so late and seeing all the pop culture they threw into it, since they never truely stopped messing with the game. They continue to add quests and tweaks even now.
    I'm confused here because it looked like a ghost town last time I looked a few months ago.

I played Guild Wars soon after it came out and found it entertaining for a few months.

I might try Guild Wars 2 for a spin some time soon.

I actually spent the early few levels a bit unimpressed. But pushing through that, by the time I got to level 10ish I realized there is a ton of stuff to do in this game - the amount of content present is staggering. I fully expect this to hold my interest for a while, and if they stay on a regular expansion release schedule, I may get stuck in the game until GW3.
    I like this.

WvW PvP is rather fun, and a pretty cool idea. Maybe I just don't understand it, but the "eternal battlegrounds" version seems like the poor underdeveloped version, the more static borderlands battlegrounds are better.
    I like this, too.

They also seem to be fairly decent ways to level up and get crafting resources.
    I like this even more.

Good metal near the skritt lands, ridiculous amounts of wood in esp. metrica province, and a few places such as a spot near the hidden lake where there are non-stop mob-attacks (eg. by bandits) that give decent loot to be burned in the mystic forge.

At the mystic forge, if you get a cool and useful magical item with a quote and everything... don't chuck it back into the forge. May be more fun to continue forging gems and their products however. I have been running around in my undies due to my folly
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Swamped with class preparation (of both varieties). I should assign someone to play for me.
    Hope is the denial of reality

So...you guys want to do one of the dungeons this weekend?

If you know what I mean
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    If you know what I mean
    Ya bastard! Don't make me laugh! That hurts!

(Sore throat due to cough will do that to you)
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

I'm on call saturday night

Considering doing some parts of the personal story right now though

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    I'm on call saturday night

Considering doing some parts of the personal story right now though
    I'm a bit miffed due to having been clobbered repeatedly in a certain part of the quest line. I think I'll restart this part and see if I can keep the NPCs alive.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Is there a level requirement for the dungeon?

(Don't say "18..teehee")

Quote Originally Posted by Crowheart View Post
    Is there a level requirement for the dungeon?

(Don't say "18..teehee")
    It's 16 in my state.

There's a dungeon every 10 levels, so I figured we'd just run whichever one the weakest person joining in was able to do.

Playing tonight off and on, anyone up for taking on the Ringmaster with me?

I don't know what that is, but if you're still awake when I get home, I'm in.

Game is a blast. Guardian is in the 30s but elementalist is looking more and more interesting just got him to 15.

However I'm experiencing serious FPS lag when I do dungeons - strangely enough WvW doesn't seem to be as bad. Either way I'd like some suggestions on how to improve my PC as cost effectively as possible. Just traveling around I have 20-25 FPS - which according to world chat is absolutely garbage.

From my system properties:

Windows 7
    Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz
    RAM: 4.00 GB (2.94 GB usable)

From what I could figure out I have an Intel Graphics card with 1314MB memory.

Your computer has better basic numbers than mine. I'm going to guess that you have a crappy graphics card, though I'm no expert in the matter.

Intel anything is complete shit for AAA titles. Netbooks have better graphics chips Since his CPU is an i5 I'm betting that he is using the graphics chip thats built into that.

If your computer has a PCIexpress slot (99.9% do), just about anything thats current or last gen in the graphics department would flip your world upside down. You can get an AMD 6670 for ~$75-50 depending on rebates. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814103198

Or hit up craigslist, I just sold a 4830 using that for $25 today.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Yeah, it's amazing how much difference a non-built in graphics card makes. My computer (4 years old) was terrible for gaming until I bought some $50 graphics card, and now it runs everything perfectly.

The market came back online last night, supposedly permanently and for everyone. I promptly robbed the proletariat for ~10 gold. Will continue exploiting the lesser classes when I get home.

Willing to spill some of your trade secrets (except how to get Minx to respond)?

Buy low, sell high?

Can't help you on getting Minx to respond. As far as I can tell, that task is impossible.

I mean is there a general price floor on some items that makes it possible to profit on them easily?

There is a price floor, but the market is set up so it won't let anyone sell below that floor. So no easy profits by vending to the NPC merchants. You have to stick to overcharging other players.

Minxie has not been able to pay much attention to guild wars due to having long busy days, more available weekend/next week I'm gonna need help dealing with the Ringmaster and his knockdown-happy minions

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Minxie has not been able to pay much attention to guild wars due to having long busy days, more available weekend/next week I'm gonna need help dealing with the Ringmaster and his knockdown-happy minions
    The comment was not about your times online, the comment was about how when you are online, nobody can get you to hear them.

The comment was not about your times online, the comment was about how when you are online, nobody can get you to hear them.
    Yes those times I am frequently not actively doing anything in guild wars

We have a guild bank now. I threw a couple items in there for anyone who wants them, though I'm not sure anyone can use them yet.