Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Guild Wars 2

Finding crafting impossible.

At level 17, you move on from Tier 1 raw materials which you gather in Queensdale, to Tier 2 raw materials.

By the time you reach level 17, you haven't gathered nearly enough raw materials to advance your craft to using Tier 2. And I'm now gathering Tier 2 raw mats but cant use them as my crafting isn't high enough, and can't advance any further as I'm not getting Tier 1 in the areas I'm questing.

Looking at the guides, you seem to need absolutely tons of stuff (eg 500 copper ore ) to get to Tier 2 (eg Weaponsmithing to level 75).

This means either spending days and days of doing nothing but gathering in Queensdale, or buying stuff from the Trading Post - and I don't have anything like that kind of money. So far I'm up to 35 Weaps, can't get further without wasting time going after crappy Tier 1 mats and am busy pulling my hair out in frustration.

So it seems to suck totally. Or have I missed something?

You probably have a lot of mats that you have no use for, right? Sell those on the trading post, and use the funds to buy the ones you do need. Craft your stuffs, then sell whatever you make to the NPCs. Last time I was looking at T1 mats, you will only barely be losing money from that, as long as you don't use the instant buy/sell on the trading post. That'll hopefully let you stretch out your unneeded material profits to get to T2.

Sigh. I guess this is the downside of being an alt-whore.

I have all professions on alts, so use all mats.

Guess I'll need to rethink how I play this game.

Or ignore crafting until I'm high level and loaded, then can buy what I need to level crafting.

So maybe it's better to sell unidentified dyes than to sell identified ones?? Hmm. Jute is too difficult to get and I'm too cheap to buy. I shall cease my mystic forge gambling with jute at once.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

As I pointed out in the game, the trading post works as much as a welfare queen.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Mythical creatures in a fantasy game? You don't say
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    So maybe it's better to sell unidentified dyes than to sell identified ones??
    Dyes drop unidentified, as in colorwise?
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Yes. You need to double-click to identify them. It does make them stackable, though.

That's kinda silly. But it does help solve an issue that gw1 had. The dye prices are way out of whack. All the colors are near worthless. Except for white which goes for 2 platinum, and black which goes for twice that.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

The bandit-waves at the Hidden Lake gave 4 dye drops, all rare

Discovery is the key to crafting. I regret wasting my materials now

Yep I discovered today that discovery is the key to crafting. Think I've got the hang of it now.

It can be done very systematically, eg:

http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/guil...-huntsman1-75/

I made some mistakes so it's cost me almost 50 silver but I'm almost at the second tier now so kinda worth it

Also, "match lowest seller" is better than "meet highest bidder"

Lilmizsunshine and Fivetool in the guild? I take it that means we're recruiting non-TWFers? Think that's a good idea if so.

Also, welcome lolli

"post-delivery abortions"

We can have a guild emblem now. If anyone has any artistic talent, please feel free to visit the registrar and make something.

Do we have enough people to create a hidden subforum now?

Yep I reckon there's enough long-term interest for sub-forum.

I'll be playing for ages yet anyway.

Just hold on one cotten-pickin' minute here. You guys are playing GW2, and you're all in the same guild?

What server?!

Room for a level 42 norn Engineer?

Maguuma - 'murikan server.

Come on in, the water's lovely.

Tell us yer account name here and Wraith or Loki will let ye in. Guild is The Obsidian Order.

Maguuma, and of course. Post your account name, and somebody will get an invite out to you. Pretty much everyone's an officer - we're the most top-heavy guild ever.

It's true, esp. my character

Ah, seems I can't create a character on your server without transferring entirely

I'm not quite ready to dive into the swampy world of micro transactions.

I'll just have to wave at you from across the pond.

/wave

Yeah that's one of the sucky things. Really sucky. You're limited to only having 5 chars, and can only use 1 server.

Yeah

Oh well, still having -a lot- of fun. The leveling experience is so much more more enjoyable than WoW's 'let me hold your hand and push you in this direction. OI, WTF?, I said THIS direction' model.

It's a shame I hear there's not much end-game, but I guess we can't expect it to be anywhere near WoW in the raiding scene; especially when there's no monthly sub.

My only real gripe is leather, or lack-there-of. Very difficult to farm for it and it makes leatherworking a right pain in the backside :/

Guilds are cross-server. What's your account name? We'll get you in anyways.

Also, what's the gem cost of a transfer? I've sorta made a fortune on the game's trading post, and can probably get you the funds for a transfer without spending a cent of real money, if you wanted it.

Trading post can get you gems rather than gold?

Must admit I've not looked at gems ay all thus far.

Get gold from the trading post, then convert to gems. Right now, 1 gold gets you 335 gems, but I still have a ton of gems from when they were 1:400.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Guilds are cross-server. What's your account name? We'll get you in anyways.
    Cross server guilds? How swish!

My character name is Monkberry, tag is Rumpy.6301

I'll leave my current guild tonight and eagerly await an invite!

After a very quick read up it looks like I could play/instance with you guys, but how do I, erm, temporarily change server (?) so that we'd be killing the same mobs?

Invite sent.

You don't actually have to leave your current guild. You can be in multiple guilds at the same time in this game.

I don't know how you visit our server. I think I heard that wasn't enabled yet, but that's maybe for only certain activities.

Oh yes, that's I right, I can change who I represent.

Well even if I can't kill the same mobs as you guys, it'll still be nice to catch up