Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Guild Wars 2

The ginger lured me back to the game it's fun even though I suck even more than I did before. Love the "living world" stuff but at the same time I'm a little sad to have missed so much of it!

I've been wasting a bit too much money dicking around with the mystic forge which is certainly a tax on the stupid
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Also, today, game update: Lion's Arch is being destroyed by Scarlet Briar's army

Doing Escape From Lion's Arch a few more times tonight from Cornucopian Fields if anyone's interested

I already did my brief GW2 revival. It's too soon to do it again. Where were you when Lewk and I started playing again?

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I already did my brief GW2 revival. It's too soon to do it again. Where were you when Lewk and I started playing again?
    On call, about to be on call, or suffering from post-call hangover

Or sex it's fun though, and lotsa loot

With no vertical progression (what I still think is a good thing) I had little desire to complete dungeons more then 1 or 2 times. I think I'm just done with the whole MMO genre.

We're still waiting for our new gfx cards to arrive and due to prepping for a possible apartment sale we only have one active computer atm but we can't stay away anymore so if you guys are active there's a good chance you'll see either me or the missus online from time to time over the next few weeks

Aimless Last online: 9 months ago

Maybe I should try that again sometime. I didn't get very far at all the first time, there was no way out of the little area I was dumped in or something?
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I have been playing vicariously through the ginger

I dunno if any of you guys are still playing this but we've been playing almost daily for the past couple of months and it's been v. pleasant mostly bosses like Tequatl, Shatterer and Jormag but we've also created two new characters (Norns, a Guardian and a Mesmer) and are working through their personal stories together. I used a continuously-updated speed crafting guide to level my tailor to 500 and now have decent armor but I've kept my crappy weapons for sentimental reasons

The achievement-chests seem almost as distant as ever but I've made some small progress. The Ginger got map-completion a couple of weeks ago and I almost caught that bug too but I think I've gotten over it. Recently discovered Dry Top though and holy hell is it fun

We haven't gotten the Heart of Thorns expansion yet but probably will, for the elite specializations and glider-mastery alone.

I recently bought a Corsair Scimitar mouse too. At first it made me cry, because I'd been using a simple Logitech mouse for about 10 years and it's my favourite computer peripheral, but I'm growing ever more fond of the new mouse and it's a lot of fun to play with.

I should try this, I never got past the beginning.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Do it!!

Norn and Asura seem to have more fun storylines and there's just so much to explore no matter what you play the regular boss-events are kinda zergy and repetitive but the Dry Top ones are refreshingly challenging.

What server you on Minxie?

Last time I played this with friends, servers mattered a lot less than they did at the beginning. You don't need to transfer or anything to play together. I can't recall details exactly, but I think everything just worked automagically. The only place where it still matters is if you're doing the world PvP.

World PvP would definitely be one of those things which you want your friends for though.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Damn you Minxieplops. Booted up GW2 and its taken me over again in a big way.

Lost my old account details due to replacing pc recently, and email address change many moons which no longer exists means I can't retrieve account either.

Fine though, started a thief from scratch and it's been great reacquainting myself with the game. Looking up burst dps thief D/D builds now. Fun times.

I regret nothing

I'm on call this week so no gaming for me until the weekend at the earliest but the ginger has started adventuring in the Silverwastes and I'm axious to try it out too also looking to continue the Norn personal stories.

I've never actually tried playing thief, might have to give it a go

Started playing again a few weeks ago and am really enjoying it, mostly as a means of winding down with some casual, fun gaming. There's a lot of new content that I don't even know where to begin exploring. Dipped my toes into some of the new Living World meta content and am now trying to get my bearings so that I can figure out how to progress, either with my main, or with a new character. Not able to play with my wife r n alas, but she's been sitting next to me crocheting amigurumi while watching me play, so it's almost like we're playing together

I'm just extremely happy there's a game I can play despite sucking