Thread: Front Page?

Default Front Page?

The front page looks...well, different. The index.html main page now re-directs to activity.php. Is this because the last article on the front page is 14 months old?

Having the same problem with Whats New being the new landing page. Besides the missing color, I'm not loving the new format. and the button needs put back in its old spot.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

The new Whats New doesn't read tags. that ruins the riddle thread.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Well I'd like to bump this. Is the anyone here happy with the activity stream? I find it highly unusual. Why not have the normal overview as start page?

http://www.theworldforgotten.com/forum.php
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

I actually like it. One can check on the forums while pooping at work and see if there's any updates at-a-glance.

Come on, you all do it.

according to Wraith...only I did that

Alright, so Dread does it too. That's two of you.

I do still want to get the CMS back on the front page, but I've been lazy. I'll do it eventually. I'll make sure not to do anything that renders the activity stream inaccessible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    I actually like it. One can check on the forums while pooping at work and see if there's any updates at-a-glance.
    If there is a lot of activity in one thread, you hardly find the things you're interested in anymore.
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Alright, so Dread does it too. That's two of you.

I do still want to get the CMS back on the front page, but I've been lazy. I'll do it eventually. I'll make sure not to do anything that renders the activity stream inaccessible.
    I think the CMS didn't work well because there could be a long stretch between posts, which made the place seem much less active than it was. We went something like 10 months without a new post, didn't we?

Quote Originally Posted by earthJoker View Post
    If there is a lot of activity in one thread, you hardly find the things you're interested in anymore.
    In that case, you're incentivized to click through and see each thread individually whilst on the toilet.