Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [GW2] Make $$$ in weeks

Or understand the fact that they're paying a 15% fee...

So how else to make money? The price of the material you get from salvaging seems to have fallen. Is it putting bids to buy stuff for much less than it's worth?
    Hope is the denial of reality

The market is now working more efficiently.

Doing Dungeons and harvesting resources will let you inch up your stash but it won't be fast.

I quite like the fact that you have to work for your money in this game. At least you do up to level 40ish which is as far as I've gotten with any of my 6 chars.

I barely had the 1 gold it took to buy the second of the instruction manuals at level 40.

MMOs where money comes too easily just seem less challenging and involving.

Crafting is definitely the money pit thus far though.

I managed to spend my way into a hole, so I jumped back into the market. It's still very possible to make good money there, just not as fast as was once possible.

A new way I found to exploit the market is with salvaging - I've been buying high level metal whites and salvaging them with a basic kit. This usually results in mithril, which will not quite cover the buying cost, but I occasionally get orichalcum instead, which makes turns the hole thing profitable. It's not a fast route to riches, but it gets there. Plus it helps with the monthly salvage achievement.

Would it be a little more worthwhile with the mystic salvage kit?
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

That thing eats 3 mystic forge stones!

But you've got gems coming out the wazoo...!
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

I spent a lot of them. I needed space for alt-whoring, and then there were all the black lion keys I bought. And a full set of bank slots. And bag slots. Always need more of those.

I did some quick maths based on my memory of game-stuffs (at work right now, can't verify), and it works out that the mystic salvage kit is essentially a half-priced master kit, at current market prices. Assuming an orichalcum ore price of ~2.50, it actually is worth it to use the mystic salvage kit. Otherwise you should be using basic or fine.

Y'all really get into the gold thing! So about those dungeons...

Dungeons ...

Definitely up for it, but I'm rarely on when the rest of you are - disadvantage of trans-atlantic relations I guess.

I see Wraith from time to time, but he's weird and keeps weird hours.

I guess if we could formalise a time and date - i'd see if I could work my plans around it and try to attend ...

I'm up for any dungeon run. What Timbuk said - formalize a time & date, and I'll show up.

Good gods...where do you guys find the time for all this???

I'm gonna assign each of you 2 kids and a spouse if you don't have them to see how much fun you have.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

You make time for the important things in life ...

Hah, you get the kids and a male spouse for that.

One with OCD.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Get the kids to take care of the spouse.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Get the kids to take care of the spouse.
    Don't use acid to get rid of the body, though. Use an alkaline solution like Sodium Hydroxide, that way you get rid of the bones as well.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Quote Originally Posted by Veldan Rath View Post
    Good gods...where do you guys find the time for all this???

I'm gonna assign each of you 2 kids and a spouse if you don't have them to see how much fun you have.
    Cus your doing it wrong. The *wife* takes care of the kid and I get to play video games...